+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1136Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

Sounds to me like kitty is also making her choices. Oh well..........I think she's treating him the way he deserves to be treated.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Since Christmas is coming up, maybe you could give your neighbor a cat door with the magnetic collar on his kitty. Then at least you will know if she is outside too long she can get into his house and stay warm. That's not to say that she won't still want to visit you for the extra chow and attention!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2629528;
    [My kitties are confused with the weather we have been having. One day I am putting on their fall sweaters, and the next day they're basking in sunshine with warm breezes.
    Please tell me you're kidding about the sweaters!

Rattus, I wouldn't feel one bit bad about letting that kitty stay in your house for whatever amount of time it wants to be there!
    If that man is getting that upset, maybe he should just stop letting the cat outside, period.
    Last edited by queenb; 10-26-2007 at 07:41 AM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2630765;
    Please tell me you're kidding about the sweaters!

Rattus, I wouldn't feel one bit bad about letting that kitty stay in your house for whatever amount of time it wants to be there!
    No - she is not kidding about the sweaters - misskitty had pictures posted here with Miss Gracie and Mr. Tootles in their sweaters.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Our Rosie loves her sweaters. Bogie refuses to wear anything and Waldo has a big fur coat and doesn't need one. But if I lived in Canada like Miss Kitty, I probably would have all the dogs in sweaters.

Rattus,
    I agree with everyone, if the cat likes it in your house, then its made its choice. It would rather be with company than left alone outside for hours on end.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2630707;
    Since Christmas is coming up, maybe you could give your neighbor a cat door with the magnetic collar on his kitty. Then at least you will know if she is outside too long she can get into his house and stay warm. That's not to say that she won't still want to visit you for the extra chow and attention!
    I've actually suggested the magnetic door to him, but he insists that she absolutely refuses to wear a collar. I'm not entirely sure what she can do about it once it's on, but he won't put one on her. I know that every cat I've ever lived with has just hated the collar, but after a couple of days of griping and pulling at it, they give up and learn to co-exist with the dratted thing.

And thanks everyone. I was born to feel guilt, so sometimes I'm not entirely sure whether I'm doing the right thing. But I love cats (all animals, actually) and can't stand to see them unhappy. Last night when I got home from work, I was doing my usual decompressing on the couch in front of a rerun of Cold Case, when Mischka, after her usual scratching of the couch arm and my usual "knock it off" (she always knocks it off - such a good girl), hopped up beside me, climbed up onto my wide and apparently cat-bed-like stomach, curled up into a very neat Siamese style ball, started purring loud enough to be heard in the next room, and went to sleep. Now how could I toss that out into the cold dark night?
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2630801;
    I've actually suggested the magnetic door to him, but he insists that she absolutely refuses to wear a collar. I'm not entirely sure what she can do about it once it's on, but he won't put one on her. I know that every cat I've ever lived with has just hated the collar, but after a couple of days of griping and pulling at it, they give up and learn to co-exist with the dratted thing.

And thanks everyone. I was born to feel guilt, so sometimes I'm not entirely sure whether I'm doing the right thing. But I love cats (all animals, actually) and can't stand to see them unhappy. Last night when I got home from work, I was doing my usual decompressing on the couch in front of a rerun of Cold Case, when Mischka, after her usual scratching of the couch arm and my usual "knock it off" (she always knocks it off - such a good girl), hopped up beside me, climbed up onto my wide and apparently cat-bed-like stomach, curled up into a very neat Siamese style ball, started purring loud enough to be heard in the next room, and went to sleep. Now how could I toss that out into the cold dark night?
    Like Smokey the Bear says about forest fires:

Only YOU can prevent guilt!!!!

I wouldn't have tossed her out either and if the neighbor makes a big deal about it tell him that she prefers company to being left alone outside and if he's not going to be home, then he doesn't need pets.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Tosco, my little calico hates collars too. She tries endlessly to get them off and every single time I have put one on her she gets the bottom part of her jaw and one paw caught up in it. One time her jaw was caught in it so bad that my neighbor came running to my house because he thought she was really hurt because she was caught up in the collar so bad that she was freaking out and literally hopping 5 or 6 feet in the air. It took me 10 minutes to catch her so I could take it off. She was so scared her pupils were huge and she was panting. My other cats are OK with collars but I don't even try to put one on Tosco anymore. I'm afraid she will get her mouth caught in it again and I won't be there to help her.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

It's times like that you really need a butterfly net!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly723;2631436;
    Tosco, my little calico hates collars too. She tries endlessly to get them off and every single time I have put one on her she gets the bottom part of her jaw and one paw caught up in it. One time her jaw was caught in it so bad that my neighbor came running to my house because he thought she was really hurt because she was caught up in the collar so bad that she was freaking out and literally hopping 5 or 6 feet in the air. It took me 10 minutes to catch her so I could take it off. She was so scared her pupils were huge and she was panting. My other cats are OK with collars but I don't even try to put one on Tosco anymore. I'm afraid she will get her mouth caught in it again and I won't be there to help her.
    I have read and seen from experience also my vet said that harnesses are better for cats.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread