+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1428Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

MRD

Re: For animal lovers

He's fine. Not sick. Eating food and going to the bathroom. I swear he's part goat.
    He's such a loveable mutt, but..............

I don't know what we're going to do with him. The only time we really have problems is in the car or when we're gone. He still obviously has a lot of issues from his time before us. When he's home and we're home, he's fine. I really hate to think I have to hire a babysitter for the dog if I want to go anywhere though.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

That boy ain't right
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2628252;
    That boy ain't right
    No he's not. But he fits in well with the rest of us that aren't right either.

I caught him with another pumpkin candle today and when I yelled NO! he dropped it like a hot potato. But since then, I've found a chewed up q-tip, some chewed up paper and my witches hat again. The chew monster has gotten started and apparantly won't stop. He has a TON of toys and chewy bones, so I don't know why he's being so naughty.

If he gets the hat again, I'm going to tie it on his head and make him wear it.

I'm going to have to hang the halloween decorations from the ceiling as that seems to be the only place he can't reach.

I swear he will be so good and then its like he can't stand being good anymore and HAS to be naughty for a day or so.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2628285;
    No he's not. But he fits in well with the rest of us that aren't right either.
    My daughter has "blessed" us with two rescues this year. Both have not adapted easily to us. When I said to my daughter "Who in their right mind would invite them into their home?" She indignantly replied, "Well Mom, who in their right mind would invite us into their home?" I couldn't argue with that

Quote Originally Posted by bewty;2628733;
    My daughter has "blessed" us with two rescues this year. Both have not adapted easily to us. When I said to my daughter "Who in their right mind would invite them into their home?" She indignantly replied, "Well Mom, who in their right mind would invite us into their home?" I couldn't argue with that
    Very good reply. Give the daughter a prize. I agree...
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

My dogs recently have teken to beating me up. just kidding.

but last week my daughters puppy tripped me into the wall , bruising the bone below my elbow.

last night, my hubby went to bed early and when I tried to get to bed - my 'bab'y (75 lbs of dog) - was mostly in my spot. but it was dark, and I just caught the edge of the bed - unfortunately right where one of his paws was and panicked when he yiped. So I fell off the bed into the night table and have a HUGE bruise. pretty much my whole upper arm. and a few other bruises to boot.

hubby says the dog threw me out of bed - but I know it was hubby's fault for going to bed early and from now on I will just turn on the darn light when I am ready.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;2628799;
    My dogs recently have teken to beating me up. just kidding.

but last week my daughters puppy tripped me into the wall , bruising the bone below my elbow.

last night, my hubby went to bed early and when I tried to get to bed - my 'bab'y (75 lbs of dog) - was mostly in my spot. but it was dark, and I just caught the edge of the bed - unfortunately right where one of his paws was and panicked when he yiped. So I fell off the bed into the night table and have a HUGE bruise. pretty much my whole upper arm. and a few other bruises to boot.

hubby says the dog threw me out of bed - but I know it was hubby's fault for going to bed early and from now on I will just turn on the darn light when I am ready.
    Poor you. I'm always tripping over Waldo as he's always underfoot. You'd think I could see him he's so big, but he manages to walk very slowly in front of you or stand up suddenly when you try to step over here. I've never had so much trouble from the little dogs about getting in my way.

I hope your baby quits beating you up soon.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2627702;
    I don't personally know Waldo, but he sounds alot like Moose, my sister's Boxer. That dog eats anything. He ate my sister's Christmas...a venus razor, cd's and a couch (really, he ate 75% of the couch. True garbage gut that dog is) and is just fine. I have a feeling Waldo will be just fine.
    My boxer D.Bo - the same way - he will eat anything if not try it out for texture and taste!!

He chewed up my atm/debit/credit card. It was upsetting b/c I never carry cash - that card is my life. I have to use for gas, food, anything really that takes credit and it deducts from my bank like a check. Luckily my bank understood, and gave me a new card (new # due to auto withdrawals on that old card #), the same day!!! D.Bo got lucky it was easy for me to get replaced. not so easy for the sunglasses of Mike's that he chewed up!!

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35;2628817;
    My boxer D.Bo - the same way - he will eat anything if not try it out for texture and taste!!

He chewed up my atm/debit/credit card. It was upsetting b/c I never carry cash - that card is my life. I have to use for gas, food, anything really that takes credit and it deducts from my bank like a check. Luckily my bank understood, and gave me a new card (new # due to auto withdrawals on that old card #), the same day!!! D.Bo got lucky it was easy for me to get replaced. not so easy for the sunglasses of Mike's that he chewed up!!

Then they give you that sweet, boxer look like in your av and it is hard to be mad.

I never thought I would like boxers until my sister got her first one. Her boxers were so gentle with my daughter when she was a baby. She would climb all over them and when they got sick of it, they would stand up, shake her off and leave the room.

My dog doesn't chew too much anymore (except TV guides?!) but the funniest thing when she was a puppy she chewed up a copy of Farley Mowat's "The Dog Who Wouldn't Be". I had to laugh at that.

+ Reply to Thread