+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Pita (hilarious name) is just adorable. I'm sure you will have fun with him and I hope that you feel better soon. We rescued two kittens who were living between our fence and the neighbor's fence in April. We found good homes for both of them. They were so cute, and we wanted to keep them, but our dogs were NOT happy that the kittens were in the house.

On another note, I got a catalog in the mail today and it had a dog bowl that was shaped like a small toilet in it. Hilarious picture of a dog drinking out of the "toilet". I'm thinking Simon and Henry might find this under the tree for Christmas.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Butterfly 723 I think PITA would be a great name, he looks like a little bundle of joy. I hope you're doing better yourself.
    doxie - Now come on -a bowl that looks like a toilet is just too funny, I mean you need to do a warning here I just spit COFFEE - but if they find it under the tree I am so sure they will love it!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Thanks guys! Doxie, My dogs aren't too crazy about the kitten either. He is relentless with them, every time they settle down for a nap PITA is on them. Baby, my Chihuahua/Dachshund mix growls at him and lets him know to leave her alone. Harley (the gorgeous guy in my avatar) is so gentle that he pretty much lets PITA do whatever he wants but he will look at me like he is saying "Mom, make him leave me alone". It is the funniest thing in the world when Harley and the kitten chase each other around the house playing. He will mess with all the other cats except for my 18 pound tabby Punkin, she let him know from the start, in no uncertain terms NOT too mess with her. Even Harley doesn't mess around with Punkin.

Gabriel, he really is a bundle of joy.....most of the time. He will come up to me purring like crazy and he will nuzzle my neck for a few minutes then he will take a bite out of it.

Thanks to you Gabriel, I am starting to feel a bit better. The prognosis is semi-positive. I am just trying to keep happy thoughts! Thanks.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Us and all of our critters are sending positive vibes and healing energies your way.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Thank you so much. My animals have been my saving grace lately. It would be pretty lonely being on bed rest without them. They seem to know Mommy doesn't feel well and have been very cuddly lately.

Just a note to all who responded regarding my attack-cat questions. Problem solved. The best decision for all concerned is that I no longer visit unless someone else is present. I don't want to upset the lady or the cat and while she might miss me, I can call from time to time and she can lie to the cat about who is on the phone.

The family will need to decide regarding a medical evaluation, nail clipping etc. ... and I do hope they follow through with that, ... but it's not my call.

Luckily ... I know other kitties, so I will get and can give some purrr-sonal feline attention from time to time. Thanks again all.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly723;2621891;
    Thank you so much. My animals have been my saving grace lately. It would be pretty lonely being on bed rest without them. They seem to know Mommy doesn't feel well and have been very cuddly lately.
    Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. I have struggled for a long time with health issues and therefore can totally relate to your above statements. Bogie especially wants to be loving and in bed with me. Waldo just visits and shakes the bed kind of like magic fingers. Rosie only wants to get in bed with me if she's cold. But they have all been so comforting to me.

Hope you feel better soon. And glad your pets are there for you.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD

Well after Grand Master Poop's trip to the vet 2 weeks ago, he may not poop for a while now.
    I was gone today and he managed to eat 6 of my wax pumpkin candles, another candle that was in a metal holder on a side table. I found the holder across the room and the wick in the kitchen. No sign of the candle. He took silk flowers out of an arrangement and chewed them to pieces and got his bandana and had it sitting by the front door when I walked in. He also chewed up the plastic clip on the cordless phone.
    He also had my witches hat and my fake fuzzy spider near his bed. So he had a grand time today while I was gone. The other dogs met me at the door like little tattle tails and I could tell by the way they were acting that something was up.

He does NOT like to be left alone for any length of time. I wish I had a room I could put him in or a crate. But I don't have a room to put a crate big enough for him in.
    He's passed out next to me at the moment. I guess he's tired from his busy day of chewing up my Halloween decorations. And they were up high enough, but he's big, so I guess he can reach. After all, I caught him months ago with his paws on the kitchen counter licking the butter in the butter dish. He hasn't done anything like that in ages. He definetly has separation anxiety though. I am stocking up on chewy bones for the next time.

He had better NOT even look at the Christmas tree this year or he's going to be in big trouble.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

OMG! I hope he doesn't get sick.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2627694;
    OMG! I hope he doesn't get sick.
    I don't personally know Waldo, but he sounds alot like Moose, my sister's Boxer. That dog eats anything. He ate my sister's Christmas...a venus razor, cd's and a couch (really, he ate 75% of the couch. True garbage gut that dog is) and is just fine. I have a feeling Waldo will be just fine.

+ Reply to Thread