+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1258Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

Understand that I was not recommending declawing for Miss BadButt, just stating what the deal was in my house. Interestingly enough, my eldest kitty gurl was declawed when she was very small, and never missed a beat...surprisingly enough. When I brought her home, she was jumping off furniture, running, and acting her normal self immediately...which really surprised me...but she also seemed to have extremely long toes and uses them to do things like pick up her kibble, and grab for things and try to wrestle them from me. I do admit that I have become more sensitive to declawing, though. At least the vets to give medication for pain control these days, after surgeries. All of my other kitties have had more trouble with the process.

I also can't see vinegar being of any benefit in the water pistol. They usually hate water enough to not want anything to do with it, in the first place. I can't imagine who told that person about vinegar, and what the added benefit is supposed to be which, I am sure, is none; I think that is just mean. And I wouldn't spray/shoot the kitty in the face. As long as you get kitty on her body unexpectedly, she'll probably take off quickly! I just make sure I keep mine (I have 3 in different parts of the house) loaded and ready to go, should I need it. My stalker kitty has taken all of the fun out of using the water pistols for me since she seldom acts crazy enough for me to have to use them any more. But e-v-e-r-y once in a while........POW!!! I use them, moreso, on my son when he harasses the gurls...works on him, too!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

A funny I got in an email the other day....

You Don't Have To Own A Cat To Appreciate This One!

We were dressed and ready to go out for the New Years Eve Party.

We turned on a night light, turned the answering machine on, covered our pet parakeet and put the cat in the backyard.

We phoned the local Cab company and requested a taxi.

The taxi arrived and we opened the front door to leave the house. The cat we put out in the yard, scoots back into the house.

We didn't want the cat shut in the house because she always tries to eat the bird.

My wife goes out to the taxi, while I went inside to get the cat.

The cat runs upstairs, with me in hot pursuit.

Waiting in the cab, my wife doesn't want the driver to know that the house will be empty for the night.

So, she explains to the taxi driver that I will be out soon, "He's just going upstairs to say goodbye to my mother.

A few minutes later, I get into the cab. "Sorry I took so long," I said, as we drove away.

"That stupid bitch was hiding under the bed. I had to poke her with a coat hanger to get her to come out! She tried to take off, so I grabbed her by the neck. Then, I had to wrap her in a blanket to keep her from
    scratching me. But it worked! I hauled her fat ass downstairs and threw her out into the back yard!"

The cab driver hit a parked car...

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

bbnbama, thanks for the great laugh.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

bbnbama - That is waaaay funny. I am going to copy & paste it & send it out.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Happy Fall ya'll
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

What a GREAT fall greeting!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by agamergirl;2621218;
    Happy Fall ya'll
    That has to be the cutest picture I've seen in a while.

Waldo needs a Halloween scarf. I had him in a red bandanna the other day and he was so proud of himself. My daughter hated it, but I thought he was cute.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

agamegirl, what a great pic!
    Hello again everybody! I haven't been here for a while. I have been having a lot of medical problems and haven't felt up to posting, but I lie in bed and read all of your posts from my laptop. Seeing the pics and hearing all of your animal stories really brighten my day. I'm feeling a bit better today and thought I'd pop on and say hi. I hope all is well with everybody.
    I don't know if you remember, but I lost my big black and white cat Boogie not too long ago. Well about 2 weeks ago, I was sitting in the yard getting some sun and I kept hearing this tiny little meow. My husband came out and there was a tiny little black and white kitten in between mine and my neighbor behind me. He came running to my husband and we brought him in. My husband went around to all of the neighbors and put up fliers and put an ad in the lost and found in the paper and nobody claimed him, so we kept him. It's so weird, he looks just like Boogie except Boogie had a black spot on his nose (hence his name!) and this little guy has a spot to the right of his nose. He sleeps in the same places that Boogie did. If Boogs hadn't been fixed I would think this was his son! It's uncanny.
    So, here is a pic of the little no-name guy. He is definitely a feisty guy. We have no name for him yet, but I think he thinks his name is "Oh my god, stop it"!! I have been calling him P.I.T.A. for pain in the a$$...lol. I am going to take a picture of a picture I have of Boogie (I hope that made sense) and I will post that in a minute so you can see the resemblance.

Thanks everyone! I have sure grown to love this fella. I've just had him since last December. We've been through many things to make it this far (getting rid of heartworms, separation anxiety) I'm really proud of him. You couldn't ask for a sweeter dog.

Butterfly: I'm sorry you've been ill. But, glad you're feeling a little better. That kitty is just too cute! Seems like he's ready to pounce. I love the name, Pita. I think you should keep it. Very cute and original.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

Oops what I meant to say above is that the kitten was in between my fence and my neighbors fence. Sorry, I am pretty heavily medicated and I may not be making any sense.

Here is another pic of the new little guy. He is probably the fiestiest kitten I have ever had. We laugh at him all the time. You can't move without being attacked.

ETA: Thanks gamergirl, your boy sure is beautiful. He looks like a sweetheart. Yes, the kitten is ready to pounce on anything..anytime..anywhere. He definitely keeps us entertained. We will probably keep the name Pita. He is also called (lovingly) Psycho, Trouble and a few names I can't say here.
    Last edited by Butterfly723; 10-21-2007 at 01:22 AM.

+ Reply to Thread