+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1258Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

FORT Fanatic

Re: For animal lovers

Sounds to me like these "moms"' are more interested in proving a point than in seeing that this dog goes to a loving family. Shame on them is right

I just went to their web page and it no longer exists. The backlash must have been overwhelming.....good!

I'm not an Ellen fan, but I am a dog fan! This is ridiculous. She spent time and money on the dog and then found it a good home with people that she knew. Now, the dog is homeless again and missing out on the good life that it could have had with a family. And, the other dogs in that same shelter are probably going to suffer as well because no one will want to adopt from there.

Ranting over. I'm getting ready for Halloween. I've been looking for costume ideas for Simon and Henry. In the meantime, I thought I'd post a few pictures of them (we call them "The Bads") in costume for various Halloween celebrations. I'm thinking that Henry might be a Tootsie Roll this year.......

1. Simon - the angriest Zebra EVER! He hates getting dressed up.
    2. Simon - supposedly a vampire costume but he went crazy and tore the
    cape up playing ball before we even made it to the pet parade.
    3. Henry - our lil' "pimp"!
    4. Henrysaurus
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

For anyone who didn't see Ellen on her show pleading to return the puppy to those little girls...entertainment tonight online has the segment that aired on ellen....Bless her heart...she is heartbroken and it made me cry watching her hurt like that!

Video Here

And this is Iggy...the puppy in question...isn't he a cutie patootie?

Last edited by bbnbama; 10-17-2007 at 01:04 AM.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Thank you ALL so much for the glucosamine/chondroiten advice ! To clarify, she is not in pain, but as I think you know, this can get worse to the point of needing surgery. Right now, every once in awhile her knee will "pop out" and she either shakes it back in place herself and continues running ... or will come to me to put it back in place ... I can hear it click. My biggest fear is that since she is a joy jumper ... that is she jumps straight up when excited and keeps jumping until you reach her and can settle her ... I worry that she is going to land, her knee will go out upon landing, and she'll fall really hard. This little dog jumps straight up almost to my chin. That's a long way to fall.

I am going to take all the info here and do some homework/research and see if I can find a good ( price ) alternative to the supplement the vet's office suggested. gabriel to answer your question ... I did like this young vet ... but it was the first time we had seen him. Our regular doc ... the senior vet in the practice who we've known for years ... is out on medical leave. Since our regular vet had said wait on the supplements, I guess I was weighing the options and wanted some advice and suggestions here. Mission accomplished.

Again, thanks and I'll keep you posted.

About the Ellen story, I think removing the dog from the home was a dis-service to all, and especially the puppy. It makes no sense to me that they allowed the dog to go to Ellen's home and considered it suitable, but the home with a loving family was not suitable. These "home visits" seem to me to be pretty arbitrary. How can they possibly know that the home Ellen selected, after getting to know the puppy in a non-shelter environment is inappropriate ?

I think that someone else wants/wanted that puppy and they jumped at the chance to get it back and the "breach of contract" is the excuse they used. I think it's sick.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;2615982;
    I'm getting ready for Halloween. I've been looking for costume ideas for Simon and Henry. In the meantime, I thought I'd post a few pictures of them (we call them "The Bads") in costume for various Halloween celebrations. I'm thinking that Henry might be a Tootsie Roll this year.......

1. Simon - the angriest Zebra EVER! He hates getting dressed up.
    2. Simon - supposedly a vampire costume but he went crazy and tore the
    cape up playing ball before we even made it to the pet parade.
    3. Henry - our lil' "pimp"!
    4. Henrysaurus
    Oh these are just too funny! - I see that the ZEBRA does look a bit miffed.

A TOOTSIE ROLL?? Thats funny. What about Simon this year? or is he too angry?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Doxie, those pics are too precious. Simon really looks like he's flying in his cape.

As for the Ellen story. She is well known as a pet lover and takes excellant care of her pets. I'm sure she would not have given the dog away to a bad home. Sounds to me like this agency shot itself in the foot. They have gotten tons of bad publicity and if I were a donor to the place, I wouldn't donate. I wouldn't adopt and I darn sure wouldn't visit their store.
    I felt so badly for Ellen when I saw how upset she was. I heard her say one time that they don't even kill bugs that get in their house, but take them back outside.

I hope the 2 girls get the dog back. What they did to that family is absurd.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Wouldn't it be wonderful if somebody with the means would buy every dog that those women have, and have somebody take over the doggie adoptions? I am talking somebody with ridiculous money who could do this with no problem. The first move could be to get the "bone of contention" dog back to his family.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I have lots of ridiculous money, or at least that's what they tell me at the bank when I bring in the $30-bills with my picture on them

These women are crusading at this point. Their Righteous Indignation will overcome any common sense that they may have once possessed.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2616393;
    I have lots of ridiculous money, or at least that's what they tell me at the bank when I bring in the $30-bills with my picture on them

These women are crusading at this point. Their Righteous Indignation will overcome any common sense that they may have once possessed.
    Right ... and another article I read said that they say they will not give the dog back to the family "after the way we have been treated." The media and others have been "harassing" them, but what the heck does that have to do with a loving home for that puppy. Ellen and her partner also didn't have the puppy's chip changed to reflect change of ownership, so when the police checked the chip, Iggy is still registered as owned by the "moms". The "moms" have also escalated this so much that I can't imagine a graceful way out of it. I feel sorry for Iggy and any other poor dogs at that shelter. I wish they would find something awry with their license or something and seize all the animals. The local ASPCA and animal control people say they handled this very poorly.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

CCL

There is a big problem with cats and dogs going unwanted, languishing in shelters. And I think a big part of that is that these shelters and adoption agencies have rules that are far too strict. I'm not saying that they should let just anyone adopt a dog but they should be encouraging adoptions, not throwing up roadblocks. I don't see how this particular outfit can deem it wrong to let a family not adopt a dog because they have a daughter under 14. There was no evidence that the dog was being mistreated in any way. And shouldn't adoption be final? At one point does the adoption agency stop being able to exert ownership over the dog?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread