+ Reply to Thread
Page 74 of 1752 FirstFirst ... 246465666768697071727374757677787980818283841241745741074 ... LastLast
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Darling hamster!
    When my sister was little her hamster was her security blanket. She'd hold it in one hand, suck her thumb and stroke its tummy 'till they both fell asleep.
    Then the hamster would wake up and shred the sheets.
    Mom bought a little patch of rabbit fur to wean my sister off the live hamster-binkie, but it didn't work.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by candor
    Yeah, Mariner and I have bonded over our spaz Jack Russells. Mine's so obnoxious in public I might have to get him a doggie hockey mask and strap him to a dolly just to take him out.
    Libby almost ripped my arm off this morning at the beginning of our walk when a squirrel decided to stroll across the sidewalk right at the bottom of our front steps. She is completely obsessed. I can't tell you how many times I've tried to explain to her that squirrels can climb and she can't.

Sigh. It's a shame they can never meet. One would end up dead, huh?
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by candor
    Sigh. It's a shame they can never meet. One would end up dead, huh?
    Probably. That or one of us would die. Libby is way too protective sometimes when it comes to other dogs.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Cute pets everyone.

Too cold to run away! Burntcrow's Avatar
    Hey everyone!

So where do I start?
    Veejer, your rodent is awesome. Makes me want to go get one!
    Pom, your dogs are very beautiful, especially the black one with its cute little ears.
    Gotta love Sher's bella and candors Kylie too.
    Speedbump, wolf, and rosekid, your pets are adorable as well.
    I love this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    Coz could teach the ANTM girls a thing or two, OtvS

ToothDoc, I crack up at Abby's muddy "before" pic and her clean and fluffy "after" shot
    Thanks Texicana. I just love that girl. Her and Gracie are my 2 clowns. Thanks also to Rosekid and OtvS. I just love those girls. I haven't forgotten about putting up the pics of the cats and birds. I just haven't had time. It's a shame that all of my really good pictures of the girls are on my old computer. I need to bring it in and see if they can be retrieved.

This has turned into my favorite thread. That little hamster was so adorable. Everyone has such great pets. I'd be lost without my zoo. Even the cockatiels keep me amused. For months they were having very LOUD sex on a daily basis. Talk about funny. The 1st time I caught them I went up to the cage and kept saying No sex, no sex. The male looked at me like I was nuts. Then it dawned on me that I could have a man over and the birds 1st words were going to be No Sex. Either they are taking a break or they are doing it while I'm at work.

toothdoc

Bird sex?? Oh that's a great first laugh of the day

My cockatiel would dance across his bird stick whenever my mom would turn on the mexican radio stations and a song would come on. He liked "cumbia" style songs best, that little clown!
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Veejer, your hamster is sooo cute! And I am not particularly fond of rodents. All the stories about them stuffing their cheeks are hilarious though, I can see how they would be entertaining.

toothdoc, about the bird sex! I agree, I don't think I would risk teaching my birds to say "No sex! No sex!" That could really cramp your style.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

I have a question. My wonderful companion, Katie, is up there in years. Can anyone tell me about expressing the glands? How do you do it, where (exactly) do you do it? I hesitate to continually take her to the vet's (Katie is vet challenged) and the vet tells me it is too hard for me to do. Is that true? Thanks in advance!

+ Reply to Thread