+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1428Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

If it makes you feel any better, I nearly wet myself reading your saga.

This may help in the future: If you think he may need to relieve himself but he's not cooperating, put a couple of paper matches part-way up his back-side. I've never tried it, but it is in SEVERAL of the books that I have about showing dogs AND I've seen breeders that I respect utilize this trick. Something about the sulfur in the match heads stimulates the colon. If he doesn't go, do remove the matches!
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

FORT Fanatic

UNK, your Chauncy was a good looking fella

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2610879;
    If it makes you feel any better, I nearly wet myself reading your saga.

This may help in the future: If you think he may need to relieve himself but he's not cooperating, put a couple of paper matches part-way up his back-side. I've never tried it, but it is in SEVERAL of the books that I have about showing dogs AND I've seen breeders that I respect utilize this trick. Something about the sulfur in the match heads stimulates the colon. If he doesn't go, do remove the matches!
    Newf, it does make me feel better.

So do I light the matches and stick them in?

Well now I know I need a tarp, but who would have thought the dummy would poop in the car. He hates the car so much that he gets really nervous and I think that this was the case. But usually its that he gets car sick. But he had nothing in his stomach so it came out the other end.

He's home, wouldn't have ANYTHING to do with me for the first couple hours. My husband is the hero that rescued him from the bad vet's office and I was the villian that took him there.

All I can say Gabriel is thank goodness I don't have to get him tutored again ever.
    It's a good thing I love the big old lug, cause not many people would put up with his shenanigens! And I KNOW I can't put up with this again.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2611122;
    It's a good thing I love the big old lug, cause not many people would put up with his shenanigens! And I KNOW I can't put up with this again.

Thats probably what happened to him before myrosiedog and I (and I'm sure Waldo)am so glad you chose to adopt him.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Unk: Chauncy was a gorgeous fellow That's a beautiful photo of him.

myrosiedog: Poor Waldo. I'm sure he felt really, really, really Bad about what happened. You must have the best husband in the world to come and get you and clean up that car. Meowza!

Gracie and Mr. Tootles saw a sheepdog today! They ran to the safety of the backyard. Fast. I had them leashed together for a walk out front. The sheepdog's name is Jezebel and she's 3 and a show dog. I think Jezebel wanted to play with my kitts, but she scared them instead. I hope to see her again someday.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2611949;
    Unk: Chauncy was a gorgeous fellow That's a beautiful photo of him.

myrosiedog: Poor Waldo. I'm sure he felt really, really, really Bad about what happened. You must have the best husband in the world to come and get you and clean up that car. Meowza!

Gracie and Mr. Tootles saw a sheepdog today! They ran to the safety of the backyard. Fast. I had them leashed together for a walk out front. The sheepdog's name is Jezebel and she's 3 and a show dog. I think Jezebel wanted to play with my kitts, but she scared them instead. I hope to see her again someday.
    No chance of that. Waldo has no clue about anything he leaves in his wake. He just moves on and never looks back.

He was just happy to get out of the car so I doubt he felt bad about anything.

He seems to be back to normal today. Happy as a clam, but he also has doggie pain pills. My daughter says he hasn't pooped since he came home on Fri. Personally I don't care if he ever poops again!!!!

And Gabriel, yes we know he did not have a great life before us and he is indeed lucky that we love him and put up with him. He is a very lucky dog and I think he knows it. We had another rescued dog years ago. One of the best dogs we ever had. Annie was GREAT. And so good (not like Waldo) and just was so grateful to be rescued that she repaid us with her outstanding behavior and loving disposition. Waldo repays us with lots of love and great stories to tell.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Unk .... Chauncy was a gorgeous dog ... and what a beautiful, happy, loving expression ... and obviously he was looking at you ... lucky guys both of you !

MRD ... you managed to turn what I know was really an ordeal for you ... into a hysterically funny story. See ... I think Waldo knew exactly what was up and left you a message via that "gift", and/or with hopes of sidetracking your mission. Actions speak louder than words, ya' know ?

The good news is you didn't heave or wet your pants in the car
    The better news is your hubby is a doll ... and Waldo is well and you've all made your peace.

I have a question. My dog has luxating patellas and it is in the very mild stage and she is a 6 1/2 year old miniature poodle ( see avatar). Our regular long-time vet is out recovering from some neck surgery so we saw an associate Doc yesterday for the annual and vaccinations. This younger Doc was really nice and the pooch absolutely loved him, but he is suggesting starting her on Glucosamine/Chondroiten now as a preventative. I've asked the regular vet about vitamins and joint supplements before and he said he would tell me if and when.

My SO says ALL studies show that stuff has no effect on humans OR animals. It is also quite expensive ($60 for 80 tablets) and says it's a waste of money and a rip-off. The specific product is Dasuquin Joint Health Supplement.

Has anyone had any experience with this stuff or any other Glucosamine/Chondroiten ... good or bad ?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

By the way ... I just saw this blip about pet poisons:

Many common household items can be hazardous to pets. Mothballs, potpourri oils, coffee grounds, homemade play dough, fabric softener sheets, dishwashing detergent, batteries, cigarettes, alcoholic drinks, pennies, and hand and foot warmers could be dangerous for your pet.

There are a few things there that I'd never heard before, so thought I would share.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2612133;
    Unk .... Chauncy was a gorgeous dog ... and what a beautiful, happy, loving expression ... and obviously he was looking at you ... lucky guys both of you !

MRD ... you managed to turn what I know was really an ordeal for you ... into a hysterically funny story. See ... I think Waldo knew exactly what was up and left you a message via that "gift", and/or with hopes of sidetracking your mission. Actions speak louder than words, ya' know ?

The good news is you didn't heave or wet your pants in the car
    The better news is your hubby is a doll ... and Waldo is well and you've all made your peace.

I have a question. My dog has luxating patellas and it is in the very mild stage and she is a 6 1/2 year old miniature poodle ( see avatar). Our regular long-time vet is out recovering from some neck surgery so we saw an associate Doc yesterday for the annual and vaccinations. This younger Doc was really nice and the pooch absolutely loved him, but he is suggesting starting her on Glucosamine/Chondroiten now as a preventative. I've asked the regular vet about vitamins and joint supplements before and he said he would tell me if and when.

My SO says ALL studies show that stuff has no effect on humans OR animals. It is also quite expensive ($60 for 80 tablets) and says it's a waste of money and a rip-off. The specific product is Dasuquin Joint Health Supplement.

Has anyone had any experience with this stuff or any other Glucosamine/Chondroiten ... good or bad ?

I've never had any, but I don't think the Vet would be telling you this if it did not need to be done.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

The large-breed-dog people that I know mostly swear by glucosamine/chondroiten. I think that you can do a lot better on price. Check out KV Vet Supply / KV HealthLinks - Pet, equine & livestock supplies / Quality nutrition for you!
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

+ Reply to Thread