+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Funny side story, prompted by that great avatar--I was working in a cemetery just today, and the grounds superintendent came over to chat. I told him that I was planning to bring over a truckload of mannequin parts on Halloween and scatter them around the grounds. He just groaned and said that he didn't want to know about it. How much cooler would it be if agamergirl's dog and some similarly-trained buddies were running around with those parts?
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I found a picture of my dog Chauncy. He lived to be 19. Man I miss the old boy. Best dog I ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by agamergirl;2604054;
    My dog hamming it up. I adopted him last December. I knew older dogs had trouble finding homes but I also found out that black dogs also are less adopted. He had a double whammy. He's a real sweetheart.
    I have a lot of catching up to do here, and I'll start with you, Agamergirl. What a terrific photo of your baby by the pool and how sweet are you to adopt an older dog. I had a black lab named Max who lived to be 14, and he looked so much like yours. I loved his gray beard as he aged...they are such wonderful pets. Didn't I see a short video clip of him playing catch in the pool (I think that was you - it made me laugh out loud). Max, our full-blooded lab hated the pool, but we couldn't keep our part lab/part shepherd mixed dog out of it.

Bewty, what adorable doggies you have, too. Each one is cuter than the next.

Unk, I'm so happy to see a picture of Chauncy boy, and I still can't believe he lived to be 19. Our vet told us 10 years was a good life for a large dog, and the fact that our two labs lived to be 14 was remarkable. Chauncy lived five more years. Wow.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

UNKLESCOTT- Chauncy sure was a handsome fella
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Unk - Chauncy was absolutely beautiful! I know, boys aren't supposed to be called beautiful, but he was!

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2609524;
    Funny side story, prompted by that great avatar--I was working in a cemetery just today, and the grounds superintendent came over to chat. I told him that I was planning to bring over a truckload of mannequin parts on Halloween and scatter them around the grounds. He just groaned and said that he didn't want to know about it. How much cooler would it be if agamergirl's dog and some similarly-trained buddies were running around with those parts?
    That would be hilarious! Talk about some good photos. I think it's funny what you're going to do. You should get pictures of that.

Unklscott: What a sweetheart Chauncy was. I'm so glad you were blessed to have him as long as you did. I miss my Duke like you miss Chauncy.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

MRD

The Worst Waldo Day Ever

Well, I finally took Waldo to the vet to get fixed. Yes, I know, we've needed to do it for ages, but with all the health problems I've had and all my doctor visits, Waldo had to wait.
    So we take up all food and water the night before as instructed. They are all confused: "where is our food?"

I get up yesterday to chauffer him to his appointment with destiny and its chilly enough here for a jacket. I figure Waldo has not eaten in 12 hours, so he shouldn't get car sick like he is wont to do.

Well, we get ALMOST to the vet and he has paced all over the backseat when I smell something. I pull in to the vet's and bail out of the car and he has pooped all OVER the backseat and it is EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!! And he has stepped in it and its in the seat cracks and ground into the seat belts and on the floor and doors. I don't know how in the heck he managed to make such a HUGE FREAKING mess!!!
    And yes, I walked him for almost 20 min. before taking him and he would not go. He went before bed the night before, so I figured since he hadn't eaten, and he didn't go, that he didn't have too. WRONG!!!! Oh, big time wrong. I don't think I have EVER seen that much poop anywhere in my entire life!
    It was horrible.
    I think: "ok, I'll take him in and drop him off, ask for towels and try to clean it up."
    But no, they want me to go in the exam room first so they can weigh him and take his temp. and make sure he's well enough for the surgery. So the vet tech tells me they need a stool sample and I say: "hey, I can get one no problem!". Yeah, she looks at me strangely and I say: "he had a little accident in the car". Understatement of the year!!!!

SO out I go with a bowl they give me and I get the sample and I really get to see just how bad the car is and I'm dreading what I have to do.

Back in, everything is fine. I give him hugs and he goes merrily off with the vet tech (poor thing had no idea what was coming, he was just so happy to be there).

I grab bunches of towels and a plastic bag and head out to the car, but every time I stick my head in the car, I start to gag and have to go stand away from the car and take deep breaths. I tell myself: "you can do this" and I try again with my shirt pulled up over my nose. Well its SO bad as I'm begining to see just how mashed in it is and I really start gagging.
    Well, the vet's office is in an old converted house and they have beautiful landscaping and rose bushes and now I am bent over in the rose bushes heaving and I can't stop. Really, I can't. I was starting to think I was going to just die under the rose bushes and kind of wished I would. Well for you men out there, when women of a certain age, throw up or sneeze or laugh really loud, you better have a bathroom close by. Needless to say, I can't stop throwing up and I can't get to the bathroom. Thank goodness my jacket was really long in the back.

So it begins to dawn on me that I can't do this. I don't have a cell (certainly reconsidering my decision on why I don't have one now ) and I have to go back in the vet's office and ask to use their phone. I call my husband and all the people in the waiting room and that work there that have seen me go in and out about 6 times already now hear: "can you please come to the vet's office. Waldo's had an accident and I need help". My husband: "what kind of accident?".
    Me: "A bad one in the car and its making me sick. I have to take L. to work and so you need to come now. I can't drive and I'm sick now too."
    Everyone is staring at me like the heaving, pants peeing freak that I am.

So I give him directions and go back outside to wait. and wait. and wait. He finally arrives and is laughing and I'm thinking: "just wait until you see the car and you won't be laughing". He opens the back door and yells: "JC!!!!!" But says the words. Oh, he was not laughing now. He sends me back inside for more towels and to ask if they have cleaner. He has to take the seat OUT of the car and its now leaned up against the trunk (needless to say EVERYONE is now watching out the windows). I'm slithering around hoping no one sees my wet pants and he sends me back inside for MORE towels. I come out and he says: "ask if they have a hose". By now, I have HAD IT! "If you want a hose, you go in and ask for it. I'm so embarrassed I can never come back here again. I've puked in their rose bushes, the dog has sh** all over the car, I have wet pants and I'm NOT GOING BACK IN THERE. In fact, Waldo can take a freaking cab home as I'm not coming back to get him". Well now hubby is bent over double laughing as he did not know about my accident when I was heaving my guts out in the rose bushes. I was ready to tell him and Waldo to find a new home to go to.

He FINALLY gets it cleaned up with a promise to take it to the car wash after work and really get it clean (It also has been parked under a tree so birds have done a number on the hood. I was literally driving the sh** mobile!) And he did. What a great guy, because I would have just had to abandon the car. I could NOT clean that up. He took it and vaccuumed it and washed it and cleaned it and you would not know its the same car. But thank god for leather seats. If we had had cloth seats, I'd be getting a new car.

I get home, get changed and try to get over my traumatic morning.

I call yesterday afternoon to ask how Waldo is doing and I don't even get my name out before they know EXACTLY who I am. Yep, I am sure that I will be the story they tell for years in that office!.

So he's fine. He's better than fine. They all love him, he's so sweet, what a great dog. Yeah, I don't think that at the moment.

Anyway, this vet requires they spend the night so I told hubby: I am NOT going to pick him up this afternoon. I am NEVER going back in there again. In fact, Waldo could stay there forever (just kidding, we missed him greatly last night). I wanted to leave both Waldo and the car there and never see either again.

So now, hubby is on his way to pick up the great pooper. But he took a blanket to put in the car. What I should have done. But as he usually gets car sick by throwing up, I thought, he would be ok. He's NEVER pooped in the car before.

Never again. I will not take him in the car again for anything. Either we get a vet that makes house calls or he just stays home.

Go ahead and laugh because today I have actually started to see the humor in it. But I'm still not ever going back to that vet's.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

and thats what you get for getting him tutored!!!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Oh, MRD. I'm so sorry to say this, but that's the funniest story I've heard in a long, long time. I hope Waldo is feeling well and you have both recovered from your experiences! All in all, I think you got the short end of the stick. All Waldo had to do was take a nice nap. You, on the other hand, had some serious issues to deal with!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Sounds like "somebody" needs one of those blue tarps for their back seat when Waldo is the backseat passenger. Wasn't it you that told us about shopping at American Freight?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread