+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1136Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

MRD

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2602209;
    doxie - Looks like they had a good time, and it sounds tasty too! You said jack russell terror... HA HA HA HA

We call our two Jack Russell Terrorists. But lately Waldo has been the instrument of terror around here. Should call him Osama I guess as he's been a tad destructive.

Bewty, your pups are so cute. Love Duncan. We almost got a beagle when we got our first JRT.
    I wonder if he had been mostly an outside dog with the previous owners.

Waldo was a found dog, that had been dumped and we know now abused. But he's been with us since Feb. and while he has his issues, we have overcome a lot with love and attention and he's a pretty happy boy now. Just need to break him of some of his bad habits like the chewing when we leave him.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2602267;
    I'm still trying to figure out how - once they're all off-leash - you keep them from fighting. Does that ever happen? I guess I'm lucky to have a wildlife preserve with trails that abutts my back yard. I walk Taro off-leash there every day. Hardly anyone even knows about it besides the people who live next to it.
    I wondered about that, too. I haven't actually seen the area yet, but I plan to. And if your dog gets into a fight in the dog run, what do you do then?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2602375;
    I wondered about that, too. I haven't actually seen the area yet, but I plan to. And if your dog gets into a fight in the dog run, what do you do then?
    Some places like that ban aggressive dogs that can't get along with other dogs. That's why I can't take Rosie. She LOVES people, she HATES other dogs and snarls and growls at them. She weighs 14 pounds, is very petite, but thinks and acts like she is a pit bull. She chased a pit out of our yard with his stub tail tucked as far between his legs as he can get it.

Waldo on the other hand thinks he's Rosie's size and is so disappointed he can't be a lap dog. She thinks she is the size of a great dane.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2602408;
    Some places like that ban aggressive dogs that can't get along with other dogs. That's why I can't take Rosie. She LOVES people, she HATES other dogs and snarls and growls at them. She weighs 14 pounds, is very petite, but thinks and acts like she is a pit bull. She chased a pit out of our yard with his stub tail tucked as far between his legs as he can get it.

Waldo on the other hand thinks he's Rosie's size and is so disappointed he can't be a lap dog. She thinks she is the size of a great dane.
    My smallest dog is the only one that will bark or be a bit aggressive toward strangers and she's half blind. It's funny how they sometimes have no concept of how outsized or outnumbered they are.

Anyone who has ever been owned by a Jack Russell knows that calling them a "Terror" or a "Terriorist" is not that far off the mark. Thanks to you all for Simon's birthday wishes. I think that he is going to outlive me.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by bewty;2603108;
    My smallest dog is the only one that will bark or be a bit aggressive toward strangers and she's half blind. It's funny how they sometimes have no concept of how outsized or outnumbered they are.
    I've always said that we could take lessons from Rosie. That has to be the very height of self-confidence to be a small dog, but completely confident in their ability to frighten and intimidate and to think they are actually as big as the biggest dog they take on.

Funny thing is, she isn't aggressive at all except around other dogs. She loves people and everyone falls in love with her as she's so sweet and loving, but another dog, forget it, her doggy hormones kick in and she turns into the beast snarling and snapping at the strange dog.

Funny thing is, that she never intimidated Waldo. At the beginning he was the usurper in the household and she would try to intimidate him and he just thought she was wonderful. Now the two get along great.

My 14 year old 10 lb. soaking wet Shih Tzu will sometimes stand guard over my 150 lb. Mastiff's food. She will bark and growl at her, and the big dog will just stand there wagging her tail, and NOT eat. I usually have to yell at the little one to quit picking on the big one, and make her go away. It cracks me up every time. They get along pretty well though, and it also cracks me up when someone is at the front gate and the little one will bark while standing between the Mastiff's front feet. Really brave.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;2603274;
    My 14 year old 10 lb. soaking wet Shih Tzu will sometimes stand guard over my 150 lb. Mastiff's food. She will bark and growl at her, and the big dog will just stand there wagging her tail, and NOT eat. I usually have to yell at the little one to quit picking on the big one, and make her go away. It cracks me up every time. They get along pretty well though, and it also cracks me up when someone is at the front gate and the little one will bark while standing between the Mastiff's front feet. Really brave.

It always helps to have back up!

My dog hamming it up. I adopted him last December. I knew older dogs had trouble finding homes but I also found out that black dogs also are less adopted. He had a double whammy. He's a real sweetheart.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

What a sweetie, and lots of attitude going on!

+ Reply to Thread