+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1141Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2598162;
    Nooooo..............I'm goooooood...............

I swear, if I lived close enough to everybody, I'd make the rounds and give out the pills. Takes practice, though.
    I wouldn't have let you go until Jasper finished with his pills.

Actually, the Vet called Wednesday night and said his urine culture was "clean" which was why I was giving him the different pills, so she said I could stop. I almost kissed her through the telephone line.

<<------- doing the happy dance

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Not to toot my own horn.....but "toot, toot".......my kittygurl usually lies on her side, relaxed, when I give her her daily pill.....and she is not a cuddly, snuggly kitty, nor is she a little thing; she's actually a "don't bother me" gurl. It's done quickly, and it's over with. No battles, here.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

There was a 2 acre, fenced-in, off leash dog run that just opened in one of our municipal parks in my area. You pay a $25.00 fee every year, I think. I think there is a gate with a coded lock on it that you access. I am not a dog person, but this it a really neat idea! The dogs get their exercise, wear themselves out, and get to meet other dogs! How cool is that?! The dogs looked like they were having a ball on the news clip!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2600409;
    Not to toot my own horn.....but "toot, toot".......my kittygurl usually lies on her side, relaxed, when I give her her daily pill.....and she is not a cuddly, snuggly kitty, nor is she a little thing; she's actually a "don't bother me" gurl. It's done quickly, and it's over with. No battles, here.
    Well how nice is that? I am jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2601349;
    There was a 2 acre, fenced-in, off leash dog run that just opened in one of our municipal parks in my area. You pay a $25.00 fee every year, I think. I think there is a gate with a coded lock on it that you access. I am not a dog person, but this it a really neat idea! The dogs get their exercise, wear themselves out, and get to meet other dogs! How cool is that?! The dogs looked like they were having a ball on the news clip!
    That sounds really cool.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

When we lived in Florida, they had a dog beach which was nice. Love taking the dogs to the beach, but in most places they are not allowed, so having then play in the surf and sand was fun. And they provided a doggie shower so you didn't have to take the sandy puppies home in the car.

Here they have a nice dog park, but they also allow dogs in ALL the parks and downtown and you can sit outside at the restaurants with your dogs and they provide water bowls.

It's all free, no fees to participate, but I think its so cool for dogs and their owners to have a place to go.

We had a yard sale today. At 6:30 as we are setting up in the DARK, this man shows up. With a flashlight to browse with (sale didn't start for an hour), then proceed to tell us what was wrong with our dogs and what we need to do. (they were in the house barking at him through the windows. He was a K-9 trainer for 20 years.) Well he was pretty smug and tells us as he leaves: "you just got $65 of free advice". I wanted to let Waldo out to poke him in the butt. He didn't tell me anything we didn't already know. Just irked me as he was so early and we were BUSY trying to put stuff out and he wants to tell me what I've done wrong with my dogs. Kind of like some stranger telling me what I've done wrong with my kid. Oh well.

Should I add the $65 of advice to my yard sale total for today?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Yes mrd ADD the 65.00 to make it up.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Kimono just jumped on my chair, climbed up my back (ow, oW, OW! - I'm wearing a tank top) and settled on my shoulder. Now she's just as calm and happy as you please. I keep forgetting to mention that this kitten loves to chase her tail... she's obsessed. Cracks me up every time. I've never had a cat who did that.
    Count your blessings!

Our Jack Russell Terror...I mean, Terrier, Simon, turned 14! I still remember picking him out of the litter at his breeder's, and I can't believe he's 14 today.

This is the birthday cookie we baked for him for his little celebration. It's all natural, with chicken broth and his favorite Pedigree dog food. We tried our best to make it look like the number 14. Here are Simon and Henry celebrating by having a nibble!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2601349;

Just wanted to make sure to state that once, outside the fenced-in dog run (or before they go in), it is required that the babies be on the leash. The runners, bikers, etc. are not wild about the dogs being off leash. Now, everyone can relax and have their own fun. I like the responsibility that this area imparts.

I hope Simon had a great birthday party doxie. Be kind to the little man and let him sleep in today to recover.

+ Reply to Thread