+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

I never heard of them. I'll have to google them and see what I can find out.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2596686;
    My cousin has just started breeding Coton de Tulear dogs. I had never heard of them. She wants to GIVE me a male as long as I keep him for stud services. Then I found out that they were $3000. Yep that's 3 THOUSAND I couldn't believe it. I graciously thanked her, but I don't need 4 dogs and not one that isn't fixed. We had trouble with Waldo spraying, I don't need another male spraying and one I can't have fixed. And I'd be petrified that someone would want to steal it. They are cute and I do love dogs. But I can't handle 4, 3 is sometimes too much.
    Anyone heard of this breed before?
    Let me add that she lives in a high rent district in Atlanta, so apparantly this is the new breed of choice for the Buckhead Betty's down that way.

I looked it up - here is a picture.

I checked the website, as well. It looks like a Benji dog.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

They look really cute. Kind of like a cross between a Lhasa and a Shih Tzu, but smaller. I like the fact that they don't shed. Those puppies are just adorable.

Cute breed, mrd, but you're wise not to take on another dog if you're not up to it. Puppies are like toddlers, and having one you can't neuter/spay - yikes.

Okay you cat lovers. Please explain to me why you can't just hide a pill in some kind of food? I've hidden dog pills in a small piece of bread, kneaded until it gets to that doughy stage, then form around the pill. One swallow, and it's down the hatch. I've also used cheese or any other kind of malleable food. I'm shocked by the horror stories you're all sharing about getting them to swallow meds.

AJane, I'm glad you survived the bath unscathed, but I'm sorry your little one was upset by Obi's cries.

Unk, it's always fun to revisit Far Side cartoons. Last Christmas, Costco had a huge coffee-table book of Far Side, and Mr. Rose and I spent over an hour flipping through it and howling.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid;2597420;
    Okay you cat lovers. Please explain to me why you can't just hide a pill in some kind of food? I've hidden dog pills in a small piece of bread, kneaded until it gets to that doughy stage, then form around the pill. One swallow, and it's down the hatch. I've also used cheese or any other kind of malleable food. I'm shocked by the horror stories you're all sharing about getting them to swallow meds.
    Okay -- Let me attempt this -- because generally with dogs they see something like that piece of bread or cheese or whatever and go OH BOY! *GULP* Cats will look at the food, sniff sniff, look again, because something just does not SMELL right.... They even sniff their regular foods to make sure you're not trying to pull something over on them.. HIDE A PILL?? Thanks for the Laughter roseskid....
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid;2597420;
    Unk, it's always fun to revisit Far Side cartoons. Last Christmas, Costco had a huge coffee-table book of Far Side, and Mr. Rose and I spent over an hour flipping through it and howling.
    I have that set of two books, The Complete Far Side. To echo Garbriel cats just know it and dogs just don't care.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I have zero problems giving my kitties pills.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2598089;
    I have zero problems giving my kitties pills.
    This is where I wish we still had the pffft! smiley... You ARE blessed.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Nooooo..............I'm goooooood...............

I swear, if I lived close enough to everybody, I'd make the rounds and give out the pills. Takes practice, though.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread