+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;2596087;
    Thanks, gabriel. I feed both of our cats Friskies canned, so I think I'll get some of the IAMS dry as well. The main problem is that Dorito tends to be heavy, and Obi is very small, practically skin and bones. So I think I'll use the weight control formula.

Jewels, have you tried "popping" Jasper's jaws and just dropping the pill down his throat? That sounds vicious, I know. It's a trick a vet showed me, and it's worked for me in the past. Maybe if your friend can hold him, you could get the pill down his throat that way.
    popping Joeys jaw was NOT an option He would start to shake his head so violently I swear he was going to snap his neck. Then my vet said try a "piller" I bought one only like 4.00 HA! Joey just clenched it in his teeth and spit the pill out sideways. (Don't ask me how)
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Heh...speaking of manhandling cats, I just had to wrestle poor Obi into the tub. Without going into too much gory detail, let's just say that she stinks. I've been cleaning up my floors and carpets since I walked in the door.

She's a biter, and I just missed losing a hunk of my hand. Usually I make my husband give the cats their occasional baths (they have to be pretty gross for us to even attempt it). My 4-year-old was crying because we made Obi howl.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

POOR Obi, Poor poor Obi.. making a cat howl is not nice, besides it sounds so pitiful
    - The Dean Martin Show -

*sigh* It wouldn't be so bad if she would make more of an effort to clean herself, but her grooming has gotten progressively worse over the years. She's old and her vision is not very good anymore...don't know if that has anything to do with it. She actually lets Dorito groom her sometimes.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Aww, poor Obi. I thought about getting the boys used to taking baths when I first got them, for about a minute.
    Jewels I'm glad Jasper is home and I hope he continues to get better for you. Giving a cat pills is a helluva lot harder than a dog.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2596132;
    popping Joeys jaw was NOT an option He would start to shake his head so violently I swear he was going to snap his neck. Then my vet said try a "piller" I bought one only like 4.00 HA! Joey just clenched it in his teeth and spit the pill out sideways. (Don't ask me how)
    Yep - that's Jasper. It's like he's a pit bull in cat's clothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ
    Jewels, have you tried "popping" Jasper's jaws and just dropping the pill down his throat? That sounds vicious, I know. It's a trick a vet showed me, and it's worked for me in the past. Maybe if your friend can hold him, you could get the pill down his throat that way.
    Yes, yes, yes . . . Judy (the lady who came over today to help) was telling me all about the popping method and how it "never fails". It failed.

She used to volunteer at an animal shelter so she's pilled many a cat before . . . and then she met Jasper. She said that Jasper was one of the most difficult cats she's ever worked with. He's super jerky with his head (like Gabriele's Joey) and clamps his mouth down so tight that it's nearly impossible to get that sucker open, but we did. Finally.

Four more days. Joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy;2596380;

Four more days. Joy.
    All the while we're doing this and talking to them "come on sweetie, it will make you feel better" UH HUH!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Here's a little pet humor from my Far Side desk calender.

Thanks for the chuckle Unklescott! I love the far side and that second had me laughing!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

MRD

My cousin has just started breeding Coton de Tulear dogs. I had never heard of them. She wants to GIVE me a male as long as I keep him for stud services. Then I found out that they were $3000. Yep that's 3 THOUSAND I couldn't believe it. I graciously thanked her, but I don't need 4 dogs and not one that isn't fixed. We had trouble with Waldo spraying, I don't need another male spraying and one I can't have fixed. And I'd be petrified that someone would want to steal it. They are cute and I do love dogs. But I can't handle 4, 3 is sometimes too much.
    Anyone heard of this breed before?
    Let me add that she lives in a high rent district in Atlanta, so apparantly this is the new breed of choice for the Buckhead Betty's down that way.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread