+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

I know that you and Jasper will be happier once he is homel Good luck to both of you and we'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Wow! Jasper is so lucky that you knew what to look for and took care of it right away. Whiskers and Dunkin send kitty get well wishes. Me too!

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2593530;
    Wow! Jasper is so lucky that you knew what to look for and took care of it right away. Whiskers and Dunkin send kitty get well wishes. Me too!
    It was AWFUL the first time it happened because I didn't realize anything was wrong till he was hiding under my bed and howling in pain.

This time, I noticed him going back and forth to the litter box which is located right next to my desk. It started off at about 10 minute intervals, but after about an hour, it was every 2 minutes or so. I started following him around the house and when he wasn't at the litter box, he was squatting everywhere he could - even right in front of me on the carpet - and the red flag went up and I knew something was wrong.

I think I caught it before he was in any type of horrible distress because while he was lying down between his little box visits, I felt around his abdomen (and surrounding areas) to see if it bothered him, and he was perfectly fine with it.

Thanks for all the well wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy;2593476;
    My cat Jasper is in Kitty I.C.U. right now after having surgery for a urinary tract blockage. This was his second time having this so I knew what to look for before it got to be a life and death situation like it was last time.

He had the surgery yesterday morning and I should be able to pick him up tomorrow as they've taken the catheter out and he's going on his own.

Cost: $1,675 (estimate only at time of admittance)
    Wellbeing of my cat: Priceless

Oh Jewelsy - I've been their with Joey, and it is terrifying, but I hope Jasper is doing better now - keep us posted and I'm sure you are giving him food with a low magnesium gauranteed analysis on the label. Joey gets IAMS hard food and Merricks soft.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Glad to hear that Jasper is doing well...the bad part is that he's been through this before. Poor Pooh. These babies are going to turn all of our hair gray this year, alone. I hate when my babies are out of the house overnight. Can't help but wonder what they think when they are gone. I'm always one of the first "moms" at the office when it is release time.

I'm keeping you and Jasper in my thoughts.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Classified advertisement in the City Paper Wichita's Free Weekly Newspaper:

For Sale Mini Dioxin puppies 2 male 1 female . . .
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I don't get it. What are Dioxin puppies?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2594032;
    I don't get it. What are Dioxin puppies?
    Ironically, I think Doxie has one named Henry.

Methinks that ad was taken over the phone.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Oh... duh *smacks head*. I should have gotten that. heh.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2593945;
    Classified advertisement in the City Paper Wichita's Free Weekly Newspaper:

For Sale Mini Dioxin puppies 2 male 1 female . . .
    Super-toxic cutie pies who will give you and themselves cancer? Cute little Trojan horses.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread