+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1140Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Our dogs miss us too. Simon (picture below) stands in our front window and watches for my better-half to pull into the driveway. Henry does his usual nap thing (shown here last winter in his sleeping bag) until he hears the garage door go up and then starts in with the howling Henry is VERY attached to me and my better-half says that Henry paces around and whines when I am gone. It is nice to come home to a warm welcome.

Newf - have fun and take some pictures! Our "PetPage" in the newspaper had a picture of a Newf and "his" two little boys getting popsicles from an ice cream truck a few weeks ago. The Newf was almost as big as the boys.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Same here- the dogs look out the front window when one of us leaves and it's crazy around here when Mike gets home from work! Bad thing is that they do it when we are just outside for a few minutes as well - while working in the yard, they monitor every window in the house untill we come back inside!

MRD

Doxie, those pics are too funny. I have many pics of our JRT's in the same postion at the window as Simon. It's such a JRT stance its easily recognizable.

I have not felt well the last few days and have spent a lot of time in bed and Rosie and Bogie have to come support me by laying in bed too. Waldo can't be outdone so he's in the room on the floor. Well for some reason, every car that has driven down the street has had them all running for the living room windows. So its off the bed, on the bed, off the bed, on the bed and every time they do it I want to scream. I have had bad tummy aches, so the constant jarring of the bed hasn't helped. And I can't shut the door or they all whine and scratch on the other side wanting in with me.
    I woke up from a nap this afternoon with my head on Rosies back. She had somehow scooted up near the pillows and I must have rolled over with my head on her. It was very comforting though and she didn't seem to mind.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2587745;
    Doxie, those pics are too funny. I have many pics of our JRT's in the same postion at the window as Simon. It's such a JRT stance its easily recognizable.

I have not felt well the last few days and have spent a lot of time in bed and Rosie and Bogie have to come support me by laying in bed too. Waldo can't be outdone so he's in the room on the floor. Well for some reason, every car that has driven down the street has had them all running for the living room windows. So its off the bed, on the bed, off the bed, on the bed and every time they do it I want to scream. I have had bad tummy aches, so the constant jarring of the bed hasn't helped. And I can't shut the door or they all whine and scratch on the other side wanting in with me.
    I woke up from a nap this afternoon with my head on Rosies back. She had somehow scooted up near the pillows and I must have rolled over with my head on her. It was very comforting though and she didn't seem to mind.
    Such a comfort, a warm breathing furry pillow... I know that on the bed off the bed thing too, although Joey does not do it much, Mona used to do it all the time. Everytime a truck or something would go by.....and for those of you who say well a cat... how much jarring can that be? well for 9 pounds, Mona was a HEAVY four foot jumper. and Joey at 16 pounds ALWAYS lands near my head somehow.. SPROING!!!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

FORT Newbie

Of all the pets I like dogs best ,I think they are always honest and smart.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2588213;
    Such a comfort, a warm breathing furry pillow... I know that on the bed off the bed thing too, although Joey does not do it much, Mona used to do it all the time. Everytime a truck or something would go by.....and for those of you who say well a cat... how much jarring can that be? well for 9 pounds, Mona was a HEAVY four foot jumper. and Joey at 16 pounds ALWAYS lands near my head somehow.. SPROING!!!
    When whiskers jumps on/off the bed, she somehow always seems to land on my stomach! She's not a big cat; she's only about 9 lbs, but when 9 lbs. lands on your stomach, you know it!

Quote Originally Posted by day0day;2588466;
    Of all the pets I like dogs best ,I think they are always honest and smart.

Well I agree. Cats are honest and smart also, and remember that dogs have masters, cats have STAFF!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Well I've always maintained that my bed (and apparantly the beds of Gabriel and Scoutmom) exist in a plane where gravity is MUCH stronger, thereby making the dog or cat much, much heavier than they would be off the bed in normal gravity. Bogie weighs 18 pounds, but on the bed when he's on top of the covers, he weighs 300 lbs. I know because I can't move him. So when they jump on and off, its not a small animal jumping, its the effect of the "super gravity" making them the equivilant of a sumo wrestler jumping on and off your bed.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

So when they jump on and off, its not a small animal jumping, its the effect of the "super gravity" making them the equivilant of a sumo wrestler jumping on and off your bed
    How odd--Gustav used to jump up on my bed, but always landed very lightly, no mean feat for a 150-pound dog. The only exception was the time that he landed with both front feet squarely on my chest
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I think the difference is that Gustav was a super-dog. So when he jumped, he was actually flying as well. JMO

+ Reply to Thread