+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Libra..Cody is adorable. Love his head on your shoulder, what a sweetheart. My Tretiak does that when in the car..

Representing....

Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I just have to brag! Chloe Elizabeth is taking her medication very well!! I am so proud of her!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

"...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

I'm blocked from the site at work. What does it say?

MRD

You need to put warnings and spoiler tags. I can't even read headlines like this without getting upset. I HATE cruelty to animals, but I can't read about it or hear it on tv. Too upsetting.

Thanks
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

prhoshay: Yay that Chloe is taking her meds!

prhoshay and myrosiedog: That is a horrific story. I stole this from someone who posted a reply. I think it is very true:

Gandhi Quotes:

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated.

I hold that the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man.

It seems like this nation is not progressing morally, in fact, we are going backwards. So many appear to think that this behavior is ok. We profess to be a civilized country.

These people choose the behavior, but don't want to accept the consequences for being sick and demented individuals... It's time that changed.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Waldo is in the dog house AGAIN! He is now named Chewbacca because he won't stop chewing. First the pooping in the house, we got that stopped and now it's chewing. I swear I'm going to buy him cigerettes so he'll have a habit that isn't destroying my house!

I packed up some books. He chewed the box and ripped a piece of cardboard off the box and chewed that into little bitty soggy pieces. UGH!

He has bones and toys and other things to chew and they were all gathered around the area he chewed the cardboard. Like they were set up there on purpose to watch him chew it.

He's chewed the chair, a wicker foot stool and all the paper he can get his hands on. And his wooden toy box.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

You need to get him a Wubba.
    Not that my dog was destructive or anything, but hubby brought home a Kong Wubba. He won't leave it alone.
    He hauls it everywhere with him.
    We call it his Woobie.

RD: Do you know about how old Waldo/Chewie is? My parents have a Springer Spaniel who chewed constantly until he was about three. He chewed up my Dad's wallet (credit cards, cash and all), books, three hoses and a vacuum cleaner! His worst offense was getting one of Mom's lipsticks and running down the hall with it, dragging it along the wall! He is still a notorious food snatcher, but he seemed to stop chewing when he was about three. Bizzarely enough, someone gave him a stuffed animal dog toy and he still has it. He's never chewed it up and he hasn't chewed up anything else since then. The first one was a stuffed bunny and he has an entire collection now! You can say "go get your bunny" or "go get your alligator" and he will bring back the right toy!

That same dog doesn't stay out of trouble for long though. He had to have surgery on his foot this morning to have a giant thorn removed. Neither of my parents could see the thorn becuase it was so deep in his paw. They took him to the vet and they had to knock him out to remove it and he had to have stitches and was apparently rather grumpy (but fine) tonight.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

+ Reply to Thread