+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 1764 FirstFirst ... 226263646566676869707172737475767778798081821221725721072 ... LastLast
Like Tree1421Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Broadway, that is too funny. Toothdoc, your little clan look very sweet - thanks for sharing with us.

Texi, Cosmo (or Coz, like I usually call her) is a nut. I actually have a hard time taking her picture because she either wants to walk right into the camera lens, or play with the camera strap, or run away. And if I use the flash, all the photos end up with her all squinty-faced. But occasionally I get a good one outdoors.

Roseskid, I agree. This is quickly becoming one of my favorite threads.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Coz could teach the ANTM girls a thing or two, OtvS

ToothDoc, I crack up at Abby's muddy "before" pic and her clean and fluffy "after" shot
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Alright fellow cat owners - have you ever heard of a "lion cut"? Follow the link http://www.snopes.com/photos/lioncut.asp WARNING: May cause you to laugh out loud at your desk - I did!
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

(&^%(&*^$*&$ firewall! I'll look at home.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    (&^%(&*^$*&$ firewall! I'll look at home.
    Okay, I'll try and attach the image...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - Albert Einstein

This picture absolutely makes my heart melt! Just the sweetest! Toothdoc, are those your babies? Precious!!!

OTVS, that lion cut is so funny! It almost looks like the cat is thinking "Argh, I look so stoooopid!" I'd better not show my daughter, or else undoubtedly our cats will be sporting that new fashion. (Although, it would cut down on 80% of the cat hair in the house, right? Hmmmmm .... )

This is, by far, my favorite thread!

Oh, and Pom, I'm so sorry to hear about your little guy passing away. I hope you're feeling better. And I love your keeping your av as a tribute.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Onetvslave -- Thanks for the laugh.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave
    Okay, I'll try and attach the image...

Awwwwwwwwwwww.. poor little guy looks PISSED off!

Someone got their eyes clawed out.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I got a phone call last night from my parents announcing the latest family addition - they are now the proud owners of a calico kitten! I immediately rushed over to the house to see her. Right now she's spending most of the time in the bathroom because my parents already have a golden retriever and a persian, and they aren't too thrilled about the baby yet. My dad picked up the kitten at my uncle's farm last night when he found out that she had just been dumped there. My uncle lives off a highway, so it wasn't safe for her to stay there considering she could easily get hit by a semi. My uncle also has a tom cat who was beating up on the poor little thing so he couldn't keep her inside. So without Mom knowing, Dad brought her home. If my husband and I had a house instead of a condo with a "no pet" rule, the new calico would be ours. I really wish that was the case. She is so cute! We're guessing she's about three months old and she's so skinny and tiny right now. She was eating constantly last night so we could tell that she hadn't been fed much before. She already used her litter box, so that's a good sign. And we folded up a blanket and put it in the corner of the bathroom, and she immediately curled up and made it her bed. She loves to be held and purrs constantly - little motor mouth! (Can you tell I am in love?) I took pictures, but they're on my camara phone so I guess I can't share them. She just has the sweetest face. Anyway, when she is curled up in a ball, she looks like a mess of leaves so her name is Autumn.

I do feel sorry for the persian, Levi, though. He's always been the "man" of the house and now there's another little furball around. He keeps sniffing at her, but hasn't reacted in a hostile way. It will just take some time to adjust. It was funny though, cause you can tell he's really p'ed off at us. He won't have anything to do with us now if she's around. And he keeps sitting in a spot where his rear-end faces us and he nastily flicks his tail. His nose is very much out of joint right now. So far, the golden is fine and she just thinks she has a new toy! I really wish I could take Autumn with me so Levi wouldn't be so upset, but that's just not possible right now.

Anyway, just figured this would be the place to share the news!

Charliebug, how fun for you to have a new kitty to see and play with when you can. I've had my share of apartments/condos, and as convenient and necessary as they are at times, they can be killers for animal lovers. Keep dreaming, and one day soon you'll be able to live where you can be surrounded by critters. Btw, I love the name Autumn......that's just adorable. A verrrry long time ago I had a black lab, then adopted a little kitten. They became best friends, and when she had kittens, she would let him lick them and help her carry them around. It was so sweet.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

+ Reply to Thread