+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

MRD

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2578422;
    I could only do the cooking spray on the countertops if I could be guaranteed that I would be around to see the cats sliding around on the counters. That would be totally worth any clean-up required.
    I will never forget my friend telling about hearing the experience. She wasn't in the room, but she heard what happend. The cat apparantly jumped on the counter and started sliding, she heard it going scritch, scritch, scritch trying to get some claw action going to stop it from sliding, then it start howling and then a thud as it hit the refrigerator and another howl.
    When she got in the room, the cat was on the floor in front of the refrigerator licking its fur and scowling. Not a happy kitty, but then it didn't get on the counter again either.

I would have liked to have seen it as well. Kitty ice skating is what comes to mind.

ETA: it wasn't hurt, but it was MAD and the howling was a result of that. She would never do anything to hurt her animals. She's like the rest of us, but she was fed up with kitty fur on her counters.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Ah, the mental picture! Truly hysterical.

Butterfly and Bewty, you have two gorgeous kitties.

Butterfly: I'm so sorry to hear about your beloved Boogie. It's so very nice to know that you have Miss Sarah to love now.

bewty: Ooooo. Clara is so very pretty and content! You certainly waited long enough to have your furry little 'bewty'! Love her pinky nosie.

myrosiedog: Your stories of your pups are always hilarious! Keep them coming!

---------
    It's getting cold out now, so I took Gracie and Mr. Tootles for a little stroller ride down to the end of the block and back. I got a few looks from some people .

We had frost this morning and there's been SNOW in the province so I may have to put the stroller away. It doesn't have snow tires or heated cushions!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Clara is beautiful!!!

Thanks for all of the suggestions about the counter. I totally understand that she has had to fight for her food so I don't get mad when she gets up there, It's just something that I have never had to deal with before and I wasn't sure what to do. I think I will just start putting the leftovers in the oven when we are eating dinner until they go in the fridge.

A neighbor and I were talking about it and the neighbor said for me to just get rid of her. Well, somebody already did that to the poor baby and I promised Sarah that will NEVER happen to her again. Ever.

Thanks again everybody.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You know, we can do everything in the world that we think will keep the kitties off the counter, but I have no doubt that they will get up there whenever they want when we are not around. They are, usually, very smart like that. One of mine apparently had a brain fart while I was sitting in the kitchen talking on the phone, and she hopped her little butt up on the counter, knowing that she was out of order. I excused myself from my call and said, in an irritated and slightly elevated voice....."Ex-cuse Me?!"...the way you might say to your child who has gotten out of line. She immediately hopped down and disappeared, quickly. Let us not delude ourselves into thinking that they don't do their own thing when they think/know we are not around.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Oh, I'm sure that all of my cats get on the counter when I'm not there, I think they watch until the car is out of sight then they yell "Party" and they all do everything they aren't allowed to do. I had just never had one hop right on when I was standing there cooking.

I just went into the kitchen and Sarah was sleeping in the big greenhouse window over the sink. She had knocked over a bunch of plant clippings that I was rooting and she was snoozing in a big puddle of water. It's so cute, who can get mad? I took all of the plants out of the window, mopped up the water and put her blanket in the window for her. She seems very happy now. She is such a great cat, I don't understand how some @#$%$&* could have just dumped her and left her for dead.
    Last edited by Butterfly723; 09-19-2007 at 02:24 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You're very lucky, and so is she!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Thanks prhoshay. I feel very lucky to have her. She has only been here for 2 weeks but she is already a part of my heart. She was so skinny and dirty and scared to death when we got her. She was infested with fleas and her ears were all sore and red from ear mites, but after much good food, a trip to the groomers and a trip to the vets, she is like a different cat now. She is definitely one of the kids now. My big, fat Punkin kitty still doesn't like her very much but she get along great with all of the other cats. We are so lucky to have her.

I have written an open letter to the people who dumped her through an animal column in my local paper telling them how horrible I think they are to have dumped her and how happy I am that she is mine now. I'm sure that the @#$%$@# who dumped her will never see the letter, but It made me feel so much better to write it. I received an e-mail from the guy who writes the column and they are going to print the letter in a future issue. I will post a link to it when it is printed.

But, yes I agree with you. I am very lucky to have her. I am so, so sorry that she had to go through what she went through, but I am glad she found my husband at work. There are a lot of people who work there and she went past all of them and right to him. I guess she knows a soft touch when she sees one!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly723;2578773;
    Oh, I'm sure that all of my cats get on the counter when I'm not there, I think they watch until the car is out of sight then they yell "Party" and they all do everything they aren't allowed to do. I had just never had one hop right on when I was standing there cooking.

I just went into the kitchen and Sarah was sleeping in the big greenhouse window over the sink. She had knocked over a bunch of plant clippings that I was rooting and she was snoozing in a big puddle of water. It's so cute, who can get mad? I took all of the plants out of the window, mopped up the water and put her blanket in the window for her. She seems very happy now. She is such a great cat, I don't understand how some @#$%$&* could have just dumped her and left her for dead.
    She is very lucky. Our Waldo was a dumped doggie and I think a lot of his issues are because of that so we are willing to put up with a lot, but we get a lot in return too. He may be stubborn, he may be kind of gross at times, he may infuriate me, but I will NEVER get rid of him. He's been traumatized too much already. Besides, its hard to stay mad at him when he gives you that goofy, tongue hanging out, lopsided grin of his and wags his tail at you.

Your Sarah is one lucky kitty and I bet she knows it. I think Waldo does and is grateful.
    I think a lot of people don't understand when we adjust our lives around our animals. They think the animals must adjust their lives around us. But like any relationship, I think its a bit of both of us making adjustments.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread