+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Sorry for double posting but I wasn't able to edit.

Here is Miss Sarah after she discovered the bathtub in the extra bathroom.
    She loves water. She likes to drink out of the bathroom sinks and she will play in the tub for the longest time! She's so funny.

I think I should get Sarah on "America's Next Top Model"...Just look at those loooong legs!!

Her favorite spot to sit...
    Last edited by Butterfly723; 09-18-2007 at 10:47 PM.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Butterfly723 Sarah is absolutely beautiful and maybe she came into your life because Boogie was needed more over the Rainbow Bridge...I am sorry about your loss with Boogie

I don't really know what to tell you regarding Sarah climbing on the kitchen counter....I would have suggested the spray bottle too but even though she obviously loves the bathtub,you might still try the spray...she might not like that squirting her in the face....maybe some of the other great FORTers here might have some other ideas....

Glad to see you back posting
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I've never been successful in keeping my cats off the counter. I've just been trained to not leave anything out that I don't want them to get!

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2578251;
    Butterfly723 Sarah is absolutely beautiful and maybe she came into your life because Boogie was needed more over the Rainbow Bridge...I am sorry about your loss with Boogie

I don't really know what to tell you regarding Sarah climbing on the kitchen counter....I would have suggested the spray bottle too but even though she obviously loves the bathtub,you might still try the spray...she might not like that squirting her in the face....maybe some of the other great FORTers here might have some other ideas....

Glad to see you back posting

Butterfly723
    - I can only mirror what bbnbama posted. Sarah was brought into your life because Boogie was needed at the Rainbow Bridge for some reason. It breaks my heart when they pass away, but this is even more heartbreaking. As for the water bottle FORGET IT. Just keep stuff off the counter or just put her on the floor each time. My mom does that with their Max, doen't even say anything, just picks him up puts him on the floor.

Water never worked for Joey when he was younger, he eventually would just sit and look at me with his eyes closed tight waiting for the spritz.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Butterfly, Your Sarah is used to a hardknock life, so I'm not surprised that she gets what she can when she does, tolerates/enjoys water (but then, her big cat relatives are known swimmers and love the water). I agree about putting everything away, if you want to keep it (foodwise). I've also heard that it can help to put double sided tape on your counters...as much as is necessary. I still haven't seen/read about the cat that doesn't mind sticky on their paws; physically remove her with a strong "No" when you catch her there. If you all are going to live in harmony, both of you will have to accept the fact that you will have to alter some behaviors. It may take a little time, but sounds like it will be worth it. I also know that they will jump on the counters when you are asleep or out of the house....but what are you gonna do??! Just get ready to wipe the counters down before you do anything on them!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

One of our friends had a problem with the cat getting on the counter. So she sprayed the countertops with cooking spray. The cat jumped up and slide all the way down the counter and bumped into the refrigerator. She really didn't like that and she stopped getting on the counter once she found out it was really slippery.

Butterfly, Sarah is gorgeous.

Well last night we are watching tv and in strolls Rosie with a green bag hanging out of the corner of her mouth. It was hysterical. I buy those 100 calorie packs and my daughter had eaten a slice of pizza and stuck the crust in the empty bag from one of those packs and left it on the side table in her room. Miss Rosie climbed up on the sofa in there and helped herself to the pizza crust. But apparantly could not get it out of the bag. The crust was what was holding the bag straight out. It really was the funniest sight, but I couldn't get the camera to get a photo of it. What kills me is that she was heading to her "eating spot" with it which is in the same room with us. Had she stayed where she was, she would have gotten to eat her "prize" without any interference, but once we saw what she had, it got taken away. And she was very indignant.
    But the sight of that bag hanging out of her mouth was priceless. She is vey sneaky and you cannot leave stuff like that on the side tables or she will wait until you our out of the room and help herself to it. I've caught her several times and she always acts like "so what's the big deal?" She has no remorse that one.

And the funny thing is that the boys watch her with envy because they know she's not going to share and that she is probably going to get in trouble. Bogie will even act guilty like he did it not her. Last night they were both following her wanting pizza crust and Bogie acted like it was all his fault when she got scolded. He was no where near the crust and he doesn't eat off the tables as he's so scared of getting in trouble. But if she gets in trouble, he acts like he got in trouble too. Waldo is clueless about what's going on. His only focus was the pizza crust.
    Last edited by MRD; 09-19-2007 at 08:54 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I don't think I'd want to battle the mess that the cooking spray would make, but I guess it does make some sense.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2578413;
    I don't think I'd want to battle the mess that the cooking spray would make, but I guess it does make some sense.
    Oh, that was the other thing the kitty didn't like was the oil in her fur. My friend bathes her cats regularly, so I guess it wasn't a huge deal to bathe this one either. But I guess both the slip 'n slide and the oily fur helped rid the idea that the kitchen counters were fun.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I could only do the cooking spray on the countertops if I could be guaranteed that I would be around to see the cats sliding around on the counters. That would be totally worth any clean-up required.

FORT Fanatic

We now have a cat......My daughter rescued her from a rescue organization....I have lived 40 years without a cat and now I have Clara...Oh God help me I love her.......

+ Reply to Thread