+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1337Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by catmom3;2574761;
    I'll have to try that mix,Newf. We don't have to deal with skunk too often but when we do we want it to work fast. Do you just allow it to dry on or do you then bath etc?

We have used vinegar and water. Give bath like normal and then mix 1 cup vinegar to one gallon warm water. Pour over dog with heavy application on sprayed areas. Lightly pat dry with towel and then let air dry. Usually we put him in his kennel cage or shut him in a room with out upholstered furniture. It works pretty quick. Definitely by the time he dries.
    I either give a quick rinse with plain water, or go ahead with a full bath since we're already soaked--one cannot remain dry while bathing a Newf. A quick towelling, then a mad dash through the house, and order is restored in the house.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I'm glad I've never had to deal with any 'skunked' animals!

I'm having a good kitty day today. I just got in from vacation last night, and have been getting little kitty kisses and massages from both cats all last night and today. I'm glad I don't have the type of cats that are hateful if you leave them for a few days!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Knowing you were missed is the absolute "best"!!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

Good news! My little 14 yr. old Shih Tzu has turned the corner. I now suspect she ate something she shouldn't have...and after 2 days of not eating, she kept down food, and had enough energy to go and help the big dog by barking at a stranger at our gate! She has basically not moved for 5 days, but seems to be getting back to normal. I really thought her number was up....

That's fantastic news canuck. Don't be spoiling her too much today.

Thanks Unk...it's really hard not to overfeed her...I am so happy she is finally eating. It was a real kick in the chops to realize how much we really love her after 14 years....I know a lot of y'all have been through it.

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;2574947;
    Good news! My little 14 yr. old Shih Tzu has turned the corner. I now suspect she ate something she shouldn't have...and after 2 days of not eating, she kept down food, and had enough energy to go and help the big dog by barking at a stranger at our gate! She has basically not moved for 5 days, but seems to be getting back to normal. I really thought her number was up....
    That's good news canuck. Keep an eye on her, keep us posted and cyber head bumps from Joey.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Canuck - I am so glad that your girl is feeling better.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Nothing can make you feel better than the return of the appetite, and some semblance of normal activity! Good for your baby, canuck!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Sorry for the triple post-apparently these are visible to my computer only; I'll try another way tomorrow. Stupid computer--i'm afraid it's almost ready to retire.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread