+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1136Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

MRD

Re: For animal lovers

Smokey Joe is adorable. Love the milk mustache. Should send that photo in to the Got Milk? People.

Also have loved the waterbowl stories. Our pets are so particular aren't they?

Mine went to the vet this morning and now are all exhausted (me too) from all the sniffing and tail wagging and shaking and pulling, barking and general mayhem that accompanies us anywhere we take dogs where there are other dogs and new humans to adore them. They are all sacked out.

All are healthy (except for hearing back from the heartworm tests) and weigh what they are supposed too. Rosie has gained a couple pounds, but the vet said that she isn't really overweight. She does have a slight pounch. Would probably look a little like Brittany Spears in that black bikini outfit if Rosie was a bikini wearer.

Waldo looks a lot bigger than he is. Vet said the ribs are prominent, but he eats and doesn't have worms, so she wasn't worried. He eats plenty let me tell you. Maybe he's just naturally slim.

The back seat of my car is now covered in Waldo drool, but he did not throw up thank goodness. Always a worry with him after that one time. But I hear slobber is good for leather seats.

And they gave us a free heartworm timer that goes off every month when its time for the pills, so of course, that was all it took for me to like them. (we went to a new vet). All weathered their shots well and Waldo was superbly behaved. I almost could NOT believe it was the same dog we have at home.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

My goodness! Smokey is a gorgeous cat. His little face actually reminds me of Uncle David's Greta! Absolutely adorable...

Stickers spits nickels... PK...'s Avatar

Neat thread... I can't believe it took me so long to find it!

Smokey is beautiful...

Here is what followed our Dane (Patch) home about 6 weeks ago... He belongs to the neighbor, but won't leave us/Patch... He sleeps with her...

Since we have both a dog and a cat door, we are at "Albert's" mercy... Neighbor doesn't seem to care... He looks like he will also be a big boy... And he has a magnificent tail, and long whispy "ear whiskers"...

(Stickers is NOT pleased!!!)

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

His look in that second pic looks like Albert has a new friend and there is nothing you can do about it.

That's for sure! I tried taking him back, and having them come get him, and he beats a path right back here... Once he found out we had canned food and a litter box (plus the two doors!), he was good to go... Well, good to 'stay'....

And patch is so long suffering... He mauls her something awful, and especially loves her tail... She puts his whole head in her mouth trying to convince him to leaver alone, but he loves that, too...

He is an awfully nice cat, but I hope he grows out of attacking legs soon...

So it looks like another addition to the family.... and what a beautiful family
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Well, that looks like a match made in heaven, for sure! She looks to be really attached to him. Love it! Reminds me of the horses at the race track who can't be without their goats...and vice versa. Pooor Stickers! Oh well.....

We have an adopt-a-thon here this weekend. There are 2 dogs that they say need to be adopted together, since one does not do well without the other. Their names are Chico (a chihuahua mix), and The Man (a retriever mix). The size difference is hilarious, and they are exactly the same color. I can't imagine someone not scooping up these guys quickly.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Stickers is the original scaredy cat...

She was grown when we brought Patch the pup home. She had bonded with our last Dane since SHE was a kitten while he was an adult...

It was the middle of November... Sticks took one look at that dog, spit, screamed, and left the house. She only snuck in at night to eat for the entire winter... And it was a really cold one... There was NO getting her back in the house, period... She found a hidey hole in the storage shed, and that's where she stayed... DH made her a nice place out there.. It broke my heart to see her so miserable, but come spring, both the weather and her attitude thawed... All was finally well again in our world...

She spits and coughs and yells at Albert, but he simply ducks down and advances... Stickers backs off... He rules the food dish...

Chico and the Man...

PK, love the pics.....Stickers sounds like a real character ..and Albert too. We haven't had a dog or cat for years......our neighbors had so many cats running the neighborhood, I didn't even want to have one of my own.

Since my neighbor got her cat situation under control, I now want to have a cat and maybe a dog, too. I've been thinking about getting a miniature schnauzer. I love my daughter's miniature
    Schnauzers..and they love me too . Both Fritz and Nixie are really smart and fairly small. Nixie loves to sit on my lap but Fritz only wants to be petted...they are just too cute.

Think I'll wait until we move into our next home before getting a dog. It will probably be about six months before moving.....we have lots of work to do still before we can move in. That way the dog will only have one home to adjust to.....same with any cats.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

My very bestest friend had a mini schnauzer for almost 20 years... They doted on one another... I don't think you could go wrong with one...

We have had BIG dogs for 20 years (several... sigh ... Their lifespan is pretty short...), but sometimes I think I would love a little one... DH says that's what cats are for...

He has a point...

Your plan to wait until you move into your new digs is sound, though there IS something to be said for housebreaking a new pet BEFORE you move into a brand new place... It cuts WAY down on the accidents on the new carpet... ACK...

I raised several litters of kittens in this place, and as a result, all the carpets were "scented", (even though I 'thought' they were using the litter box...) and it's been an uphill battle ever since... We are waiting for the never ending remodels to be finished before replacing the carpets - we may have to wait until we are "cat free"... Though Albert has just lengthened that time frame a lot! At least so far, HE is fastidious about using the litter box, or my potted plants outside...

But dang... I just can't see being without any of them...

+ Reply to Thread