+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35;2573359;
    My turn to feel guilty - I forgot to feed my dogs their dinner!!!

They normally eat at 5:45 or 6PM every day and it's now 8PM and I just remembered! Partly b/c Mike had to go to bed early to get up at midnight to go to work - but I fed the fish on time, just not the dogs! I feel like such a bad mommy! They are both wolfing down their kibble. Poor babies!
    SHAME! - Bad bad bad human!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Thanks, Newf, Gabe, Shay, and Scoutmom.

Smokey is already 6 pounds. I think he will look alot like Newfs cat. The Vet said he will be long legged and rangy. 20 pounds probably is not that unlikely. His purr is better than a back rub when he lays in your back and falls asleep.

I took another one today of him sleeping in the water bowl. It was dry at the time and when I tried to get him to move he wouldn't. I carried him to the sink and started to run some water in the bowl. He still wouldn't move. I finally left him to it and got a different bowl.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Finally, after 22 years I got my honeymoon. Niagara Falls in February. Whats next the beach in December?

oh man I am in love..... looks like hes going to be a tall one like my Joey and Joey goes between 16-18 pounds..... average size boy.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

That picture in the water dish is too funny!!! I have a goofy gurl, Cecilia Mae, who really enjoys laying in my oval bathroom sink....and that faucet drips, but she doesn't seem to care, but puh-leeze don't flick water from your fingers on her!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2573418;
    That picture in the water dish is too funny!!! I have a goofy gurl, Cecilia Mae, who really enjoys laying in my oval bathroom sink....and that faucet drips, but she doesn't seem to care, but puh-leeze don't flick water from your fingers on her!!!
    Well it looks like we are on the water topic. Joey can be very particular about his drinking water. He has 2 bowls in the apartment and the routine is right after I wake up I get his breakfast, then I must scoop the box, then I must change his water, if he finishes breakfast before I get to the water he just sits at one of the bowls staring at it, then I get his clean water bowls and get the fresh cold water from the tap into the bowls - then he walks to the OTHER bowl and starts drinking. Same routine when I get home from work. he gets his TUNA, stares at the water bowl I change the water, he goes to the OTHER one and drinks.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Smokey also looks like he's got a "Got milk?" mustache in that first picture.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

He does have a white mustache. The line of white doesn't go all the way across his upper lip but far enough to to look like a milk stache.
    Finally, after 22 years I got my honeymoon. Niagara Falls in February. Whats next the beach in December?

catmom3 ... SJ is so handsome. What a beautiful kitten !
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

MRD

After last nights LONG night (see post in Koffee Klatch thread), I get in bed and I have allowed myself a nice treat: sugar free peanut butter cups. I am sitting up in bed reading when Rosie crawls into my lap and commences to "guard" me from Waldo. Every time he got near the bed, she curled her lip back and growled. (She also likes being taller than him and this way, on the bed, on my lap, she was). Well she never does this. Once my husband is in bed and he was, she goes and gets in her spot next to his hip on the outside of the bed. Bogie is put out as he sleeps next to me and he's learned when she's in this mood to leave her alone, so he's being all put out at the foot of the bed gazing mournfully at me and Rosie. Waldo keeps trying to get close to the bed and she keeps growling. Then it dawns on me. She's not guarding me. She's guarding the peanut butter cup on the bedside table. I don't know why as there was no chance she was going to get it. Once I ate it, she then got off my lap and went to her spot to sleep. Waldo could come get a head pat and everyone could then go to sleep.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Does anyone know of a way to keep ferrets from smelling so musky? My ex-husband has one and my daughter comes home reeking of ferret whenever she visits. The ferret already has his scent glands removed, so I'm not sure why he's smelling so strong. My ex is welcome to suggestions on this front, as he's not too thrilled with the strong odor either. Do we have any ferret owners out there that know a trick or two for cutting back on the smell? I don't mind the little ferret, as he's very friendly and likes to cuddle. I just don't want to smell to high heaven every time I pick Lil Star up or drop her off.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread