+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Canuckinchile -You & your little one are in my thoughts & prayers.

Prhoshay -
    How is Chloe Elizabeth doing? You also have my thoughts & prayers.

doxie-
    The rice thing is funny. One of the foods that Joey gets has carrots and rice in it, the stinker will eat the carrots but leave the rice. I'd like to know how he does that, since they can't make their lips go ptooey. But wave a cooked piece of carrot in joeys face and he laughs and walks away.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;2572509;
    Echo: You couldn't have said it better. Loving them does seem to be the best medicine.

Canuck: I'm glad to hear that your little one ate. Funny story about your Mastiff throwing food around. I once (and only once) bought our dogs some food that had rice in it (looked like rice krispies to me). Henry gobbled it up, but he will eat anything. Simon ate the actual dog food and spit out the rice krispies on the floor and then pulled a small rug on top of the rice krispies and laid down on it. I ended up with flattened, slobbery rice particles on the kitchen floor. After I cleaned that nasty mess up, I actually sorted through the bag of dog food (luckily, it was a small bag!). I got enough kibble out of there for Simon to eat for a week or so and Henry got the rest of the krispies and some kibble too. That was a few years ago and now, they both get dry food - no krispies!

MRD:You are right. Simon was quite the character when he was a puppy and up until the last year or so, he's had a great spirit. He's almost 14 now, and our vet is amazed by how healthy he is. Simon has lost most of his hearing and we no longer take him out much. Henry is now the "pack-leader" and it's really funny because Henry will go into our backayard and "herd" Simon inside.
    That is so funny. Like a kid hiding his peas under the mashed potatos.

Waldo eats anything. Furniture, paper, so of course, if its food of any sort, it is gone! Rosie is much more finiky (as a princess should be). I have given them leftovers and it amazes me that she can eat everything and then leave the veggies looking all clean in the bowl. She must suck the gravy and other food off of them. And Gabriel, It always amazes me as they can't go phooey, so how do they do that?

Bogie does not eat mushrooms. He takes them out of his bowl and puts them on the floor. Nothing comes close to the experience of stepping barefooted on a cold slimy mushroom on the floor. I once put a lot of ice in the dog water. Bogie removed each piece and deposited it across the threshold of the kitchen on the carpet. Waldo loves for me to get a drink as I always drop ice cubes and he snatches them up and goes off to crunch them.

They do such funny things and provide endless hours of entertainment.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Canuck, sorry hear your little doggie is not feeling well. Sending prayers and purrs and of course a woof she feels better soon.

MRD, I feel like I know Waldo well. I have a Lab that could give him a run for his money in the DUH department. Keep the Waldo stories coming, they make my day.

Well, on to my news. About a week after my Mom passed, my daughter finally talked me into getting another kitten. She lost her cat over a year ago and she has wanted a kitten for all that time. I finally gave in.

Introducing Smokey Joe: It only took me a month and half to get a decent picture .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Finally, after 22 years I got my honeymoon. Niagara Falls in February. Whats next the beach in December?

What a good looking boy I used to have a big, dumb farm cat that looked a lot like Smokey Joe. My boy Jumper was something of a horse--about 16 pounds of long, lean, purring machine.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Smokey Joe is a stunner, that's for sure! Love the white!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

catmom3 - What a handsome fella!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

catmom3 - Smokey Joe is absolutely adorable! He looks a lot like my Dunkin - except Dunkin is a lot bigger than your little guy. In fact, his nameis Dunkin because my son said it looked like somebody dunked him in milk (because his feet and belly are white).

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2573286;
    catmom3 - Smokey Joe is absolutely adorable! He looks a lot like my Dunkin - except Dunkin is a lot bigger than your little guy. In fact, his nameis Dunkin because my son said it looked like somebody dunked him in milk (because his feet and belly are white).
    Hey there ScoutMom - when are we going to get a picture of DUNKIN? I thought you posted one way back when but I can't find it. - I love that name...
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Yeah, about that picture thing. I'm not so good at that. And Dunkin isn't so good at posing. I'll ask my son if he can get a picture in the computer that I can post. In the meantime . . . look at adorable Smokey Joe . . . picture him weighing about 20 pounds . . . you have Dunkin!

My turn to feel guilty - I forgot to feed my dogs their dinner!!!

They normally eat at 5:45 or 6PM every day and it's now 8PM and I just remembered! Partly b/c Mike had to go to bed early to get up at midnight to go to work - but I fed the fish on time, just not the dogs! I feel like such a bad mommy! They are both wolfing down their kibble. Poor babies!

+ Reply to Thread