+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

The Newfs and I send , canuck
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD

Canuck, sending hugs and good thoughts your way. I hope your little one is not suffering. I wish I knew better words to say. But know you are both in our thoughts and prayers.

Doxie, I love the Simon stories. He sounds like such a character.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Canuck - I cannot find the words except to mirror myrosiedog to say that I hope your little is not suffering. Please know that you both are in my thoughts and prayers.

doxie- eating popcorn at a neighbors - how funny is that?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Canuck, your little dog is in my prayers as well.

Doing some web surfing for something and went off on tangents but I came across this and though of our own newfherder
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Thanks, buddy! I me some Newfies

I saw my first Anatolian Shepherd today. He was guarding a herd of goats across the road from where I was working. My partner, who just has to prove me wrong every chance she gets, insisted that it was a Mastiff-Lab cross I went to the AKC web site, pulled up a photo of an Anatolian, and then a true miracle occured. She admitted that I was right. Probably.
    Last edited by Newfherder; 09-13-2007 at 10:09 PM.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Cute pics Gabriel! I love Newfs, but I think the grooming would be too much for me. My little dog ate a little chicken tonight and water. She's tough, so hopefully she'll pull through. I think the meds the vet gave her are actually at too high a dose for her weight...so I will talk to him tomorrow. On a humorous note, since I have been spending a lot of time with the little dog, my Mastiff has decided to punish me. I usually keep big dog's food on a small "kiddie" table since it keeps the little dog out of her food, and also helps avoid the big dog problem with GI torsion (the floor is a long way down for them to eat). Anyways, in the last 2 days she has taken to flinging her full food bowl on the floor, filling up the shoes and boots underneath. She gives me a baleful glance, and I swear she is saying "Take that...I will not be ignored."

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;2572165;
    Cute pics Gabriel! I love Newfs, but I think the grooming would be too much for me. My little dog ate a little chicken tonight and water. She's tough, so hopefully she'll pull through. I think the meds the vet gave her are actually at too high a dose for her weight...so I will talk to him tomorrow. On a humorous note, since I have been spending a lot of time with the little dog, my Mastiff has decided to punish me. I usually keep big dog's food on a small "kiddie" table since it keeps the little dog out of her food, and also helps avoid the big dog problem with GI torsion (the floor is a long way down for them to eat). Anyways, in the last 2 days she has taken to flinging her full food bowl on the floor, filling up the shoes and boots underneath. She gives me a baleful glance, and I swear she is saying "Take that...I will not be ignored."
    Sometimes the meds totally knock out their appetites, I know this from both Mona and Joey having been on clavamox in the past. Whoa! food flinging! YOU are being punished....
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2569359;
    Well then, Waldo has GREAT blood pressure.

Wonder if that would work for me. I have to take medication for mine. Maybe if I just wandered around with my tongue hanging out and a goofy grin on my face, mine would get lower? Either that or they'd take me away someplace quiet and tranquil with soothing colors and sounds.
    I'll be there to greet you ... goofy grin in place.

Just want to add a couple of hugs & prayers for Canuckinchile and Prhoshay and their furry babies. Hoping all turns out well ... it is so tough to see an animal not feeling well since they can't tell you exactly what you can do to fix it. Just remember ... loving them seems to be the best medicine.
    Last edited by echo226; 09-14-2007 at 12:42 AM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Echo: You couldn't have said it better. Loving them does seem to be the best medicine.

Canuck: I'm glad to hear that your little one ate. Funny story about your Mastiff throwing food around. I once (and only once) bought our dogs some food that had rice in it (looked like rice krispies to me). Henry gobbled it up, but he will eat anything. Simon ate the actual dog food and spit out the rice krispies on the floor and then pulled a small rug on top of the rice krispies and laid down on it. I ended up with flattened, slobbery rice particles on the kitchen floor. After I cleaned that nasty mess up, I actually sorted through the bag of dog food (luckily, it was a small bag!). I got enough kibble out of there for Simon to eat for a week or so and Henry got the rest of the krispies and some kibble too. That was a few years ago and now, they both get dry food - no krispies!

MRD:You are right. Simon was quite the character when he was a puppy and up until the last year or so, he's had a great spirit. He's almost 14 now, and our vet is amazed by how healthy he is. Simon has lost most of his hearing and we no longer take him out much. Henry is now the "pack-leader" and it's really funny because Henry will go into our backayard and "herd" Simon inside.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

+ Reply to Thread