+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1337Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Canuckinchile and Prhoshay - I am thinking of both of you, and hopes for the best for your little ones. Keep us posted.

Unklescott-Isn't that amazing how one can be double the size and we don't see it happening?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I hope everyone furry friends are doing better soon.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I really appreciate your well wishes, everyone. Poor Chloe was so shook up after her vet visit that she couldn't keep the medicine down last night. The vet told me to just wait until tomorrow, giving her plenty of time to calm down. I'm just glad that she doesn't look or act sick. She still wants to chase the laser beam, and will slap at one of here sisters if they get on her nerves...so that's a good thing.

Am I the last person to know that they take a cat's blood pressure in their tails? I can't imagine. He wanted to take her BP yesterday, but she doesn't want anybody messing with her tail on a good day, much less yesterday.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2569348;
    I really appreciate your well wishes, everyone. Poor Chloe was so shook up after her vet visit that she couldn't keep the medicine down last night. The vet told me to just wait until tomorrow, giving her plenty of time to calm down. I'm just glad that she doesn't look or act sick. She still wants to chase the laser beam, and will slap at one of here sisters if they get on her nerves...so that's a good thing.

Am I the last person to know that they take a cat's blood pressure in their tails? I can't imagine. He wanted to take her BP yesterday, but she doesn't want anybody messing with her tail on a good day, much less yesterday.
    I did not know that either about the blood pressure. I guess you learn something new every day. Where do they take a dogs blood pressure?

Poor Chloe. I hope she has a better day today.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

For dogs, they just measure how much of the tongue hangs out when the dog is wearing his goofy grin.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2569353;
    For dogs, they just measure how much of the tongue hangs out when the dog is wearing his goofy grin.
    Well then, Waldo has GREAT blood pressure.

Wonder if that would work for me. I have to take medication for mine. Maybe if I just wandered around with my tongue hanging out and a goofy grin on my face, mine would get lower? Either that or they'd take me away someplace quiet and tranquil with soothing colors and sounds.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Actually, I looked up blood pressure measurements in cats just a moment ago and, apparently, they do have a blood pressure machine...much like the ones for humans, where you wrap the cuff around the cat's leg, and flip the switch, also. Now my vet's office is not even computerized yet; everything is done by hand. I did ask where they park the dinosaurs. It is a trip to see/hear them pounding out forms on the manual typewriters that they still use. No credit cards accepted; cash or checks only. I don't know how the people who work there stand it, but they give excellent care, so there you go. Of course they wouldn't have electronic BP machines!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I also hope that everyone soon has happy, healthy pets again!

MRD: Your story about Waldo getting out and your JRTs acting all innocent about it reminded me of our Jack Russell Terrier. I was frantically trying to unload a bunch of groceries as a thunderstorm (which he hates) approached. I finished putting away the groceries and noticed that Simon was GONE. I looked in all of the usual hiding places and was just about to get back in the car and drive around searching for him. Then the phone rang and this guy says "Your dog is on my couch" LOL. Simon had apparently run through the woods into the next subdivision and just waltzed through their back door and plopped himself on the couch. The man checked Simon's collar and found the tag with my phone number. When I arrived to pick him up, he was STILL on this man's couch. He was being fed popcorn by this man's kids and he didn't look too happy about coming home with me!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Another crack in the myth of dog's loyalty . . .
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Doxie: my little dog did that once too! She loved our neighbours, and found her way through a loose board in the fence. Luckily, they were dog lovers and had 2 of their own. They called me to say that she had gone upstairs and curled up on their bed . Anyways, she is not doing so well today, and is refusing food I know this is not a good sign as she is usually a glutton.

+ Reply to Thread