+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1337Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

A couple new ones of Squeak, flopped down by my husband's legs. Sometimes he'll lay down right next to his feet when he sits down, making it look like he is wearing real bunny slippers-

Oh, he is adorable.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2565358;
    By all reports, the only "look" that Waldo has is "confused"
    Newf that would be correct!

I didn't know about this until I got up at 6 and hubby told me. So I don't know about the look, but as Newf said, it was probably a confused one as most things seem to be confusing to him. His other look is goofy/happy so I'm figuring it wasn't that one.

Funny thing is that Waldo conked out and slept ALL morning, so I know he didn't sit by the back door all night. I figure he got a pretty good roam of the neighborhood and managed to show back up sometime in the wee hours. Because there was no disturbing him for several hours this morning.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2565189;
    The guilt is killing me this morning and I wasn't even the one that did the "bad thing". I went to bed early. My husband let the dogs out before he came to bed. Apparantly he did not notice that Waldo did not come in. How you can miss the big, noisy thing is beyond me. Well he (hubby) gets up at 5:30 this morning for work and the first thing he always does is let the dogs out, opens the back door and Waldo is standing in the carport looking all sad and dejected as he got left out ALL NIGHT!!!!!!
    At least he didn't wander off, but I've felt like the worst person in the world and I didn't do anything. He's gotten a LOT of extra love this morning. And don't you know the other two did NOTHING. If one of them gets shut in a room or outside, the other will stand guard at the door and let us know about it. Not so with Waldo. I guess we know how he stands with them now!
    Hubby felt awful too. I'm just glad he's safe and i can't believe that no one noticed he wasn't in the house. It's not like he's quiet and unassuming to the point you don't notice him. (I was alseep, but my daughter and hubby weren't)
    My poor baby. With his "issues", he'll probably never go outside again. Ever!
    This reminds me of something that happened to Lily a while back (my pug that has passed away a year ago last week - RIP Lily)....she got locked out of the house in the garage. I didn't know where she was and LOOKED everywhere. Finally looked in the garage and there she sat, looking very dejected. Poor thing! But I definitely looked for her and it wasn't all night or anything! Poor Waldo!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35;2565678;
    This reminds me of something that happened to Lily a while back (my pug that has passed away a year ago last week - RIP Lily)....she got locked out of the house in the garage. I didn't know where she was and LOOKED everywhere. Finally looked in the garage and there she sat, looking very dejected. Poor thing! But I definitely looked for her and it wasn't all night or anything! Poor Waldo!
    I can't even look at him without bursting into tears. I feel so bad and it wasn't even MY fault. I'm just so glad he's ok and didn't run off or get hit by a car or anything. You can bet from now on, I will be doing the head counts at night.

And Rosie and Bogie got in bed with us as usual apparantly and didn't even act like anything was wrong according to hubby. Usually they will let you know that one of them is "missing". Those two have no conscience where Waldo is concerned. They probably convinced him to hang back and not come in last night.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2565457;
    Oh, he is adorable.
    Thanks!!

Pakacat- Squeak is a cutie!

Now onto the poor critter locked out story:Mona(rest her soul) used to like to go for walks in the hall of my apartment building.(with me of course) Sometimes she would try to get out the door when I was in transit with something but I ALWAYS caught her. EXCEPT once, I forget the exact circumstances but I was laying on the couch and something wasn't right (you know that feeling you get?)I looked everywhere in the apartment, then my heart fell and I opened my door and there she was just sitting there, looking at me like "IT TOOK YOU LONG ENOUGH". I was/am even more diligent now watching the door, but Joey doesn't like to go out.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

We noticed last night Waldo was limping. He had not been himself all day and slept most of the day which I took to mean that since he got locked out, he spent the night cavorting around the neighborhood. Well he and Bogie play tag outside and he wouldn't even play, even though he's usually the instigator of it, but Bogie tried and tried and he wouldn't play. that's when we noticed he was limping. He was not his usuall goofy/happy self and I really thought it was because he got locked out. He has "issues" and he was dumped, so I had just figured it was in response to all that.

But he's having trouble walking. Of course, we don't discover this until around 8 last night. So I gave him some baby aspirin (which the vet has given me a table of household meds you can give to dogs) and this morning, he is back to his old goofy self. Jumping around and being a PITA, so whatever he did to his leg, must not be all that bad as he's feeling much better today and no limp.

And the other two are still acting all innocent like they did not KNOW he was not in the house. My husband even commented on the fact that they usually alert one of us if the other is locked in a room (they follow me into my spare room and then don't come out, so frequently I am having to rescue one or the other because they are shut in the spare room) but didn't seem to care that Waldo was out. He said they went to bed, crawled under the covers and that was the end of it. I guess they thought they had gotten rid of him once and for all.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2566293;

And the other two are still acting all innocent like they did not KNOW he was not in the house. My husband even commented on the fact that they usually alert one of us if the other is locked in a room (they follow me into my spare room and then don't come out, so frequently I am having to rescue one or the other because they are shut in the spare room) but didn't seem to care that Waldo was out. He said they went to bed, crawled under the covers and that was the end of it. I guess they thought they had gotten rid of him once and for all.
    They were probably saying to each other: If we are really really quiet, no one will notice the doofus is gone...
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2566307;
    They were probably saying to each other: If we are really really quiet, no one will notice the doofus is gone...
    That is it EXACTLY Gabriel. Imagine their disappointment when he strolled in the next morning! And the jealousy because he got to go wandering and they didn't.

+ Reply to Thread