+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1418Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

Oh Roses... I want to come visit. You have the coolest backyard.

A red tailed hawk! How great is that! Turns out the hawk isn't that much of a threat to the other birds at such close quarters. They'll keep an eye on him, but they know they can out maneuver him in such a confined space.

And that picture of Howard!!! I just want to go over there and hug him. He's so cute curled up in that chair/couch.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Thanks for the compliments, Uncle David. . Every once in a while we've had a hawk swoop down and pluck a smaller bird right off the wrought iron fence in the back side of our fence so I thought the birds would scatter when he came in so close. I guess you're right, that once they see him they can out-maneuver him. Mother Nature fascinates me. It was getting dark when he showed up, and I was actually surprised the flash on my camera didn't spook him, but fortunately for me he stood him ground.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

MRD

Uncle David, good to see you back. You've been missed. So sorry about your rough time with your mom and her cat. But the new kitten is so cute and your mom looks like she is really happy. I hope things continue to work out in that direction.

PGM, thanks for the reccomendation. We have a ton of toys. None of which stay in the toy box. We pick them up and put them away and Waldo spends the next 15 min. taking them out and distributing them around the house. I stepped on a squeaky one at 3 this morning going for water and just about peed on myself it scared me so badly.

I'm going to look for more chewy type toys for him. He's such a pest at times, but what can you do, he's just so cute and lovable and he knows it so I know he's taking advantage of me.

I might have posted this before (forgive me the old memory cells are on holiday)

[IMG}Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket[/IMG]

Oh my, its a large image.
    But Waldo is still cramming himself into the small bed and the little ones are rolling around in the very large bed Waldo refuses to get into.

Here's the queen who always looks for the cushiest spot. She's on a pillow and all the covers that got piled on top of the pillow

[IMG]Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket[/IMG]
    Last edited by MRD; 09-07-2007 at 09:25 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD

This is the big bed that the little dogs now sleep in while Waldo continues to cram himself in the little one.

And here's the favorite activity of Rosie and Bogie: ear licking. They will lick each other's ears until they are sopping. Then the one with the sopping ears will want to be held and you touch them and get that ewww, icky, wet dog slobber feeling.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

That picture of Waldo in that little bed is a scream!! He is a silly!! I can see that your babies are very much loved. I love their expressions. I'm telling you, spoiling them is 90% of the fun!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Well Waldo thinks he's as small as Rosie and Rosie thinks she's the size of a Great Dane.

Yeah, they're spoiled. Gabriel says dogs have owners and cat's have staff. But here I really think we are the dog's staff.

But I love spoiling them. They provide so much love and entertainment that the few incidents of them being PITA's doesn't bother me much. Although I could do without Waldo's pooping in the house, but that seems to be over, knock on wood.

Waldo was begging last night. Bad begging. Begging like I just wanted to whack him (which I would NOT do). I was eating wasabi peas. And I dropped one. He was on it like white on rice. But the look on his face after he got it in his mouth was priceless. He was a tad surprised to say the least. He rubbed his face on the carpet and then dashed off to the water bowl. BUT, he came back and kept begging. Now how smart is that?

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid;2561114;
    Speaking of Howard, I swear, he was in the FDC position seconds before I turned the camera on, but anyway, here he is snoozing in his chair.
    His chair? Howard's a big ol' sweetie.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2559806;
    Got a new kitty for my mom. Thought you all might like to see her...
    Forget the kitty, I want your Mom! She looks so happy there!
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2562044;
    His chair? Howard's a big ol' sweetie.
    C'mon now, you didn't think that was a typo, did you? We have a chair in our bedroom that he has adopted, so I've thrown a cover over it and we've completely surrendered it to him. I've joked I should embroider King Howard on it.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

roseskid - I simply LOVE that picture of KING Howard in his chair.
    myrosiedog-OK - you should really put a COFFEE SPEW warning when you post pictures like that hilarious one of Waldo crammed into that bed.
    (he probably feels safe in that one, while the little ones like to S T R E T C H out in the "big bed".)

Rosie - "I am the QUEEN" - looks so regal laying in her royal cushy spot, and the picture of the ear cleaning is cute, and I think it is funny that after that, the one with the wet ears wants attention to spread the slobber.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread