+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

I'm sorry you had such a rough week, UncleDavid. You are a good son.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

She's a cutie, Uncle David!!! And what a sweet story.

What is her name? Or is your mom still working on that?

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by veejer;2559867;
    What is her name? Or is your mom still working on that?
    We're still working on the name, but it's more than likely going to be Gigi. I want mom to pick a different name, because her next to last cat was named Gigi, but she hasn't really come up with anything else other than Precious. We like Precious, but it reminds us of Golum from Lord of th Rings so that's out. I call her Lil' Bit.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

We had a hamster named Precious, precisely because of Gollum. My son was about 11 and my daughter 14 and it was the only name they could agree on. She could call her Precious in a sing-song baby voice and my LOTR-crazed son could call her My Precious in his best Gollum voice. I don't think she ever liked him much.

Lil' Bit is a cute name!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2559806;
    Got a new kitty for my mom. Thought you all might like to see her...

Don't even think about it Gabe. Phroshay already has dibs on the ears.
    That's going to be a tall one Uncle David. The legs are just like Joey when he was a kitten and he stands very tall right now. I got dibs on the FEET.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2559871;
    We're still working on the name, but it's more than likely going to be Gigi. I want mom to pick a different name, because her next to last cat was named Gigi, but she hasn't really come up with anything else other than Precious. We like Precious, but it reminds us of Golum from Lord of th Rings so that's out. I call her Lil' Bit.
    Dean Martin lyrics - Gigi

Am I a fool without a mind
    Or have I merely been too blind to realize
    Oh Gigi
    Why you've been growing up before my very eyes
    Gigi
    You're not at all that funny awkward little girl I knew
    Oh no
    Overnight there's been a breathless change in you
    Oh Gigi
    While you were trembling on the brink
    Oh Gigi
    Have I been standing up too close or back too far
    When did your sparkle turn to fire
    And your warmth become desire
    Oh what miracle has made you the way you are

Gigi
    While you were trembling on the brink
    Was I out yonder somewhere blinking at a star
    Oh Gigi
    Have I been standing up too close or back too far
    When did your sparkle turn to fire
    And your warmth become desire
    Oh what miracle has made you the way you are
    Last edited by just1paul; 09-06-2007 at 08:33 PM.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Uncle David, I've been wondering where you have been. I'm sorry you are having to go through so much pain. I think from that picture though, your Mom will have an easier time with her new friend. ( Although I can't agree with your opinion of siamese cats, obviously. Rock kitty doesn't yowl and neither do any of my aunt's, large collection. I think the apple head type is quieter than the long skinny ones though. Around here, plain old kitty Zippy is the me-yow-woww-waah cry baby)
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2560953;
    Uncle David, I've been wondering where you have been. I'm sorry you are having to go through so much pain. I think from that picture though, your Mom will have an easier time with her new friend. ( Although I can't agree with your opinion of siamese cats, obviously. Rock kitty doesn't yowl and neither do any of my aunt's, large collection. I think the apple head type is quieter than the long skinny ones though. Around here, plain old kitty Zippy is the me-yow-woww-waah cry baby)
    Thanks for the kind thoughts, but things have gone pretty well since that one week. Mom's getting settled in and loves the kitty. Although, I think she slightly regrets not taking my suggestion to get an elderly cat that needed a new home. Kittens can be a handful.

As for Siamese cats, my mom has had three different Siamese cats. Varying shapes and sizes. And every one of them howled like screaming babies. Used to drive me nuts.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Uncle David, you know I'm just ing you! There's so many animals needing a home out there, anyone can certainly get any color or type without feeling guilty about not wanting certain kinds. For myself, I love looking at long haired cats, but will never consider any pets that need that amount of grooming. Brushing an animal, ok--detangling, mat removal, etc= hell no!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2561033;
    I love looking at long haired cats, but will never consider any pets that need that amount of grooming. Brushing an animal, ok--detangling, mat removal, etc= hell no!
    And that doesn't take into consideration to my allergy to them.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2559866;
    I'm sorry you had such a rough week, UncleDavid. You are a good son.
    Dags said it so well. But I did love seeing the sweet picture of your mom with Gigi. They're both so beautiful, UncleDavid, thanks for posting.

PGM35, we have the same toy in red and Howard loves it. Speaking of Howard, I swear, he was in the FDC position seconds before I turned the camera on, but anyway, here he is snoozing in his chair.

Then, back to our birdfeeders and birdbath, and the ungodly heat here. It's been 112 this past week (until yesterday when it cooled down to 95). The heat brought out all kinds of birds. So here is our resident red-tailed hawk coming in for a closer look at our buffet (notice the mourning dove and finch, who for some reason didn't scatter with him so close).

And then here's the ying to the yang of the hawk - our hummingbird who helps his mate nest at our house every year (notice how his beak is open due to the heat). Kind of cool, eh?

Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

+ Reply to Thread