+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1337Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

Newf, how adorable! What kind of clinic does Oscar go to everyday?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2538348;
    What kind of clinic does Oscar go to everyday?
    My understanding is that it is a vet clinic.

"The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Pet Photo Contest | PARADE Magazine

Parade Magazine is looking for adorable pets and I think we have a few of those around here. The deadline is August 30th. How fun would it be if one of our sweet babies won and got his/her picture in Parade?
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by hvymetalchik;2538014;
    Oh my!!! Look at that lazy kitty.

Reminds me of my 2.

He's purty!
    Thank you! He's a big oath of a cat.... I like to call him George, as in, Constanza (Seinfeld) because he's 'short and stocky'.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2538062;
    I found myself checking to make sure mine breathe, too. Everyone should click on that picture to see it full size--that's funny!
    Thanks for the info. I didn't know you could click on them to make them bigger.

Okay, here's one more... this is, apparently, his toy basket. I found him sleeping like this one day.

I don't get as many cute pictures of my girl because she bolts everytime I get the camera out.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;2539253;
    Okay, here's one more... this is, apparently, his toy basket. I found him sleeping like this one day.
    How much does he weigh?

I don't get as many cute pictures of my girl because she bolts everytime I get the camera out.
    She's just picture shy.

MRD

Could Oscar come teach Waldo to jump in the tub? The dog HATES baths and he stinks and needs one and its such a chore that no one wants to give him one despite the stink.
    I did get a very good reccomendation from someone I met on Sat. about a new vet that is MUCH closer and a groomer next door, so might have to look into that. It's less than a mile from my house. I think that car sick Wally could actually make it that far without getting sick.

I happened to catch an episode of Kathy Griffin's my life on the D list. It was an older one and she had a dog trainer come in and try to help her with Pom Pom who keeps running away. the dog trainer reccomended she dress up like a giant rat and shoot guns in the air at the edge of the property to scare the dog into not going off the property and she did it. I have to wonder how much she paid for that stupid advice?. Well I laughed so hard I cried and I saved it so my husband could watch it. He said no way was he doing that to keep Waldo on our property (he ran across the street again yesterday-Waldo not hubby). Besides he said that it probably wouldn't scare Waldo, but it would scare the other 2 which we don't have a problem with.

Anyone have a giant rat costume they aren't using?
    Last edited by MRD; 08-22-2007 at 09:40 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

to all the new animal-loving Forters!

MRD, I've seen that Kathy Griffin episode and thought it was hilarious. One of my neighbors got a golden retriever from a rescue kennel, and he had a terrible habit of bolting when the front door was open, as well as taking off if allowed out front. We worked with him using the can w/pennies thing I've mentioned before, and within about 4-5 times, he stopped it and is fine now. They didn't have other pets in the house, though, that would be frightened by the noise needlessly. Could you keep the little ones in the house while two of you work with Waldo outside?

Our house backs up to a large greenbelt which has about 40 eucalyptus trees that house all kinds of critters. We have four bird feeders which attract blue jays, orioles, sparrows, doves, etc., and look who decided to come in close and check out the buffet yesterday. Apparently he didn't like the menu because he left after about 15 minutes. He was HUGE with large talons and is quite beautiful, isn't he? Oh, by the way, it's a red-tailed hawk for those of you who don't see these type of birds.

Last edited by roseskid; 08-22-2007 at 03:42 PM.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've only seen a red-tailed hawk when it was being chased by hundreds (no exaggeration) of crows. It was a sight to see and hear!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread