+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 1750 FirstFirst ... 195960616263646566676869707172737475767778791191695691069 ... LastLast
Like Tree1258Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Oops! Sher, you're fluffy-soft-smooshie-snuggie-bear-Bella's mommy ... that's right. It's Candor who has the cutie-pie Jack Russell. Sorry about that.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

s'okay. that JRT is definitely a cutie. more energy than i can handle though. i couldn't keep up with that kinda pup.

Yeah, Mariner and I have bonded over our spaz Jack Russells. Mine's so obnoxious in public I might have to get him a doggie hockey mask and strap him to a dolly just to take him out.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by candor
    Yeah, Mariner and I have bonded over our spaz Jack Russells. Mine's so obnoxious in public I might have to get him a doggie hockey mask and strap him to a dolly just to take him out.

LOL.

...and will he have a bowl of Kibbles and Bits and wash it down with a nice cold Chianti?
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

I love looking at pictures of pets.
    Sher, the picture with Bella and Tirlittan is just so darn cute.
    Speedbump, your kitties, Boots and Chloe, are just too adorable.
    Candor, you can see Kiley's spunk in that picture.
    Rosekid, love the hide-n-seek pic of Howard, and Maggie is looking a little green-eyed.

Besides my husky, i've got another doggie named Simba. 1 year old cocker spaniel.
    Attached Images Attached Images

FORT Fogey

My Av is Gone

I just had to euthanize my little avatar this morning. Yesterday morning he started descending into his second episode of congestive heart failure (the first was in July) and I decided that I just couldn't keep putting him through the struggles of that illness 'cause keeping him around would be much more for MY benefit than for his. The illness would kill him eventually by suffocating him, and I simply couldn't sit back and let him endure that; it would have been selfish of me and he would have suffered a lot.

He was 14 and a half years old and I adored him.

I haven't had him for too long, only for a year and a half. I got him from a rescue group after his original owner went into a nursing home with Alzheimer's Disease.

When I first got him he was sick with untreated Cushing's Disease, he was more than 3 lb. overweight, and his coat was a mess. Over time he took a lot of walks with his American Eskimo sister and me and he lost the excess weight; he got on the right medicine for his Cushing's and so his coat came back, and he went on a lot of adventures throughout New England.

Today's sad news isn't a total shock to me. I went into this relationship with my av with my eyes wide open -- I knew he was already an elderly dog and that my time with him would be limited. So I'm trying hard to focus on what a great and enjoyable last year and a half of life he had with us, and I'm trying to stay happy and upbeat about that.

I'm bummed for now, and I had to vent. I hope you guys don't mind. I know it'll get better. My American Eskimo and I now have a "vacancy" at the house and we'll find a new, needly little Pomeranian who needs a home as much as my av did.

On a good note, the little buggah will live on here in the FORT where he'll always be my avatar, and seeing his smiling little face whenever I come in here will always make me feel better.

I'm glad I can come here and talk about this with you guys.

Oh Pomeraniac, my heart goes out to you.

I'm so proud of you for doing the right thing and not letting him suffer needlessly. It is a very brave and kind thing to do, and not everyone has the strength to do it. I'm sure you have many wonderful memories that will keep him in your heart, and any future pets will be blessed to be given a home with such a kind master. I am glad you are keeping your avatar - it is such a sweet joyous picture to remind you (and all of us!) how happy you made him in the short time you were together.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

to Pomeraniac
    I am very sorry for your loss, it must have been a very hard decision, but it was for the best for him. American Eskimos are cute little dogs, our neighbor has a black one, Wolf is his name, who sometimes comes to visit us on our yard.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

My heart goes out to you Pomeraniac, You are very brave to do the most humane thing for your beloved pet whos life was probably not as enjoyable to it the past few days. I am glad you have decided to keep your avatar the same, so we an cherish your pet along with its memories. You are in my prayers.

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that. What a cutie he was!
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

+ Reply to Thread