+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

I just love to read everyone's stories! We have such a wonderful family of petlovers!

Gracie and Mr. Tootles have been adjusting daily to paint cans, ladders, lights, fans, plastic and newspaper. I've decided that we ALL need and break so I'm not painting for a few days. My wrist hurts and I'm tired of smelling the stuff.

We're going to do some serious cuddling, napping and brushings! With intermittant treats! WOO HOO!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Isn't there something about putting a little vanilla in a can of paint to kill the smell? The last time I was around a place being painted, it made me so sick that I swore that if I ever had to have rooms painted again, I was checking into a hotel! If the fumes affected me that much, I can't imagine my babies not being affected. We'd be outta here!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2535909;
    Isn't there something about putting a little vanilla in a can of paint to kill the smell? The last time I was around a place being painted, it made me so sick that I swore that if I ever had to have rooms painted again, I was checking into a hotel! If the fumes affected me that much, I can't imagine my babies not being affected. We'd be outta here!
    The paint we used didn't really smell too bad. I was worried about that but it wasn't overwhelming or anything and we did the front, the kitchen and the living room and stayed in the house with no problems.

prhoshay and PGM35: I've been painting with latex, not oil, which doesn't smell as much, and cleans up with water. But the primer is a bit stronger. Also, I only paint during the day when I can have both doors open with screens. My windows don't really open so I get a headache while painting. I try to keep the kitties outside or downstairs and fans going, but the smell does last several hours. I know if I have a headache, then my kitties probably do too!
    ===========

This just on the news: I am incensed to say the least! The Humane Society has just announced that the city has had 21 cats found over the past year as suspicious deaths. Five last year around one neighborhood and now 17 more confirmed. There may be more. A police task force has been created and this is now being taken seriously as it has been realized that there is a twisted person out there who may be progressing towards harming humans. Cats have had their leashes cut in their own yards and have disappeared.

Gracie and Mr. Tootles will no longer be outside for any length of time without me by their sides!

I hope the police can help catch this person quickly! This predator is obviously a danger to our pets, and possibly the public. I'm sure that someone knows something.

CANOE -- CNEWS - Canada: Concerns rising over dead and mutilated cats in Edmonton and area

Cat killings trigger crime investigation
    Last edited by misskitty; 08-21-2007 at 03:47 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

You stay right out there with them misskitty, and if you don't want to go out and they complain about not going out, you read them the article.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

FORT Fan

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s14/kx1979/001.jpg

Here is Quinten. Boy, its early Justin!

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s14/kx1979/005.jpg

Meiko. Its kind of odd shot he was lying under the bed. He sort of looks like a Vampire in the picture. His little tooth is sticking out. lol. He looks kind of pissed in the picture.

I have had Meiko for about 6 years. Quienten I have had for 2. Quienten came from the animal shelter I use to volunteer at. Although, he is younger then Meiko he has more life experience and seems to appreciate me more. Meiko is a bit bratty.

MRD

Miss Kitty that is just awful. I hope they catch whoever is doing that. Sick, twisted individual that needs to get help.

I don't blame you for staying out with the kitties. We are always out with our dogs because I just like to keep an eye on them as you never know what they might do and what others might do.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Saw this story on the news. I bawled! It was so emotional!

Dog Rescued After Four Days In Storm Drain | Itchmo: News For Dogs & Cats
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

lei
    FORT Fogey

snarkattack - Your babies are so beautiful and precious. Thanks for sharing your pictures!

misskitty, and everyone, please watch out for your babies.

Here is my boy (grey cat) in his favorite laying..sleeping..whatever position and my girl (black).
    Attached Images Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread