+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2534517;
    Well n o sleeping in here this morning. Waldo chugs around the bed breathing heavy and whining until we get up. He's up, he wants us up too. My husband was complaining about it and I said, well the Waldo train is not leaving the station until we get up. (the breathing sounds he makes sounds like a train chugging along). Once we got up, he was happy.
    That is Buddy as well - only he puts his paws up on Mike's back or chest. Mike never gets up with them on the weekend, so after Buddy does this, I get nudged! Then I get up and let D.Bo out of his crate. Now both dogs are sleeping at my feet and I'm up. This happens every weekend! I really don't mind - I catch up on my DVR'd shows.

Cute story - the boys beg for food all the time when we are having dinner. Buddy has a big drool problem - it's pretty gross. We know that Buddy will eat anything put in front of him. D.Bo loves to eat anything as well, but moreso with non-food items (paper, plastic, rock, etc.). So we are having shrimp and there are 2 left. I ask Mike if he thinks they'll eat them. Buddy, takes it right away, wolfs it down. D.Bo took it in his mouth and I swear, he wrinkled up his nose, stuck his tongue out and let the shrimp fall on the floor. Kind of like a child tasting something for the first time and not liking it. It was hilarious! One of those moments where you wish we had the camera and something that will probably never happen again. Needless to say, Buddy ate it.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Once again, I've been enjoying everyone's sweet and funny stories!

Thank you again to Mimzy. Daphne went in for a follow-up and was still stopped up (but not as badly) and, after another "Petema" (yes, that's what they call the pet enema) she was prescribed pumpkin. And she loves it! Who'da thunk it?

I have a question about clumping litter. Last time we tried it, the particles were so fine that there was fine dust everywhere. I think that was Fresh Step (which is the brand of non-clumping that we use.) Some of you mentioned Scoop Away. Do you not have that dust-everywhere problem with it? Thanks in advance...

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Pumpkin?! Well Lei, I wouldn't have thunk it! Glad your little one is feeling better.

PMG, your dogs are gorgeous. Thanks for posting the photos.

Gabriel, your story of how Joey was named was the best! What a great story.

Claire ran all over my home the entire couple of days I was trying to decide what to name her. Even when I was trying to sleep, she would jump all over me. One night I said, "c'mon kitty, no more playing". The song "Claire", by Gilbert O'Sullivan, popped into my head, and the rest is happy happy history. The song is about a little girl who just wants to play all the time and won't go to bed.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Thank you, lopevian.

And that's such a sweet story.

My departed kitties were song-named like your Claire. Tulpa was named during a song called "My Tulpa" by an obscure 80's band called Magazine, when he just kept bouncing around to it. And while Rainey was already Rainey when I adopted her (we kept it because it just fit), her middle name, Avalon, came during a snuggle fest during a Roxy Music song of the same name.

Great stories everyone!

We rented a carpet cleaning machine this weekend and our dogs went nuts. They both headed to higher ground (the back of the couch) but they barked constantly. Both of them hate the vacuum cleaner and this was a LOT worse (according to the dogs). Simon (JRT) did attempt an attack on the carpet cleaner, but as soon as his paws hit the wet carpet, he retreated. Henry was hiding under the bed. When we moved the bed to clean the carpet he waddled right out from under there and got up on the couch and hasn't moved since then! Crazy little dogs!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Always Loved My Furry One Mimzy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lei;2534658;
    Once again, I've been enjoying everyone's sweet and funny stories!

Thank you again to Mimzy. Daphne went in for a follow-up and was still stopped up (but not as badly) and, after another "Petema" (yes, that's what they call the pet enema) she was prescribed pumpkin. And she loves it! Who'da thunk it?

I have a question about clumping litter. Last time we tried it, the particles were so fine that there was fine dust everywhere. I think that was Fresh Step (which is the brand of non-clumping that we use.) Some of you mentioned Scoop Away. Do you not have that dust-everywhere problem with it? Thanks in advance...
    You are very welcome!
    What I've read, is that if the cats need the pumpkin they are very happy to scomp it down. I'm trilled that Daphne is doing better. Those kitty potty problems are the worst!

I love Scoop Away Unscented! The scented kind is yucky and my cats hate it as much as I do. I have towels folded under the boxes. With a nice bit leading out where they can wipe their paws and get rid of most of the litter. It also takes care of any pee splatters, just zip the towel up and wash. I clean the area with Odor-Mute I also have a cordless vac near both boxes for easy clean up. That is a few times a day but not a issue.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Thanks again, Mimzy!

We'll try Scoop Away Unscented. And in any case, your towel idea is great. We have those plastic supposedly-litter-catching mats, but they don't have the hold that a towel would.

I couldn't live without mini-vacs.

I've tried several of the clumping litters, lei. I don't like the scented kinds, as the perfume is too stong in my opinion. Fresh Step and Arm and Hammer are two I like that aren't too dusty. They also work well enough that you absolutely cannot smell cat pee in my tiny house, even if I only scoop once a day. Even my Dad couldn't tell I have indoor cats, and he has always had fits if he had to be in a house with a cat box for very long. Actually, the I use the towels under the boxes too, because I ad one of those special mats to start with and Rocky would actually jump over it making an even worse mess.
    If anyone cares, the Nutro indoor Formula Natural Choice Complete Care dry food does seem to actually help with the doo odor as advertised.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;2535524;
    Great stories everyone!

We rented a carpet cleaning machine this weekend and our dogs went nuts. They both headed to higher ground (the back of the couch) but they barked constantly. Both of them hate the vacuum cleaner and this was a LOT worse (according to the dogs). Simon (JRT) did attempt an attack on the carpet cleaner, but as soon as his paws hit the wet carpet, he retreated. Henry was hiding under the bed. When we moved the bed to clean the carpet he waddled right out from under there and got up on the couch and hasn't moved since then! Crazy little dogs!
    Ours bark like crazy at the vaccum and Bogie runs in and bites the vacuum bag and darts off. I think he thinks he's protecting us from some monster.
    Waldo just hides in another room as he doesn't like the noise. Rosie darts around after Bogie like she's his backup.
    I wonder what they'd do if we had a carpet cleaning machine.

Ours don't care about wet carpet. We've had a bad ac leak for over a week and the hall carpet has been soaked (they are supposed to finally come out today to fix it) and they just walk through it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

lei
    FORT Fogey

queenb - Thank you for your tips, too! I'm laughing about Rocky jumping over the mats -- some of ours do that too and it does make for worse mess! Towels go down today.

Some of ours are scared of the vacuum and shampooer. But Baby Theo thinks everything is a toy.

+ Reply to Thread