+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1319Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2533450;

Oh no dear lady. Y'all sit back now and I am going to tell you how Joey came into my life and got named. I know I probably told this story before but it's like one of those family things that get repeated every year at the holidays.
    First off I had adopted Mona when she was about 3 years old in 1994 or 5, now fast forward to Aug 1996, when my drunky ex roommate said "I want a kitten so I can have my own something to love me" We go to a pet store and look around walk up to this cage where there are a bunch of adorable kittens, and this little one walks up with this BIG voice! OK I'll make it short. My drunky ex doesn't know what to call IT yet so the name BUDDY is applied for about a week. After that the drunky ex decides that he doesn't see SOMETHING DOWN THERE, so it's a GIRL (I didn't see anything ELSE and questioned this and was told to shut up it was his cat. OK)Anyhoo he decides it's a girl - the name gets changed to ZOEY. Well a week or two after that ZOEY needs to go for shots that the store has already paid for with a vet and drunky ex finds out the GIRL is a BOY, who by the way now comes running to the name ZOEY, so the Z gets changed to a J. Then a year later I move and the best decision the fool ever made, was insisting I take Joey because him & Mona were used to each other, and not only that Joey HATED the guy because he was always getting YELLED at for being on the furniture, being on the BED, table etc etc.
    I do remember that Zoey to Joey story! But you are right, I didn't remember it until you told it again.

Gabriel: The Zoey to Joey story is hilarious! I think that Simon thought his name was "NO!" for the first few years of his life. We adopted Henry from a shelter and they had named him "Tag". He started responding to "Henry" after a few days though.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

PGM, your babies are adorable.

Gabriel, I'm glad you were able to keep Zoey Joey - he's got it made with you.

My girlfriend, Marli, had a dog they named Bo, and a few weeks later she read you should never name a pet something that rhymes with no so they altered it to Bowie.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2533450;
    Oh no dear lady. Y'all sit back now and I am going to tell you how Joey came into my life and got named. I know I probably told this story before but it's like one of those family things that get repeated every year at the holidays.
    Oh gabriel, you and your kitties are so funny.

I love everyone's stories.

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;2534339;
    Gabriel: The Zoey to Joey story is hilarious! I think that Simon thought his name was "NO!" for the first few years of his life. We adopted Henry from a shelter and they had named him "Tag". He started responding to "Henry" after a few days though.
    Simon thought his name was NO, and Henry of course liked Henry so allowed you to drop the "Tag" moniker.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid;2534362;

Gabriel, I'm glad you were able to keep Zoey Joey - he's got it made with you.

My girlfriend, Marli, had a dog they named Bo, and a few weeks later she read you should never name a pet something that rhymes with no so they altered it to Bowie.
    Ok that's cute! Bowie, as in David?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid;2534362;
    Thanks!

Buddy was from a Rescue group in Austin and he was listed on the website as Lenny. When we met him, his foster father said, he's not a Lenny, more like a Buddy. We lliked that name much better!!

I never knew that about rhyming with No. D.Bo gets "NO!" a lot from us but his name gets shortened - yes, I know - isn't it short enough already - to D.B. as in DeeBee. LOL Same syllables. Sometimes it's just D!

So I make myself breakfast today, which is something I rarely do anymore. (usually go somewhere) Part of it was 4 slices of toast with butter. Joey starts looking at me, sniffs the toast, turns away. I said something to the effect of "Mona ALWAYS ate buttered toast". I swear Joey gave me a dirty look and has been ignoring me for 2 hours now.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2534507;
    So I make myself breakfast today, which is something I rarely do anymore. (usually go somewhere) Part of it was 4 slices of toast with butter. Joey starts looking at me, sniffs the toast, turns away. I said something to the effect of "Mona ALWAYS ate buttered toast". I swear Joey gave me a dirty look and has been ignoring me for 2 hours now.
    Oh, how I'd love to be a fly on the wall of your home gabriel and watch the gabriel and Joey antics that take place!!!....I always love your stories......
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD

Gabriel, thanks again for telling the story. I guess I missed the naming part, but I remembered the part where you got to keep both kitties.
    The buttered toast thing is too funny.

Waldo was being called Bear when we got him, but it only took a week for him to respond to Waldo.

Now I think he think's his name is "Waldo, get your nose OUT OF MY BUTT!" as that is what he hears most often. Like about 40 times a day.
    My daughter says she thinks he thinks his name is: either "dammit Waldo" or "Waldo get back here".

Well n o sleeping in here this morning. Waldo chugs around the bed breathing heavy and whining until we get up. He's up, he wants us up too. My husband was complaining about it and I said, well the Waldo train is not leaving the station until we get up. (the breathing sounds he makes sounds like a train chugging along). Once we got up, he was happy.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread