+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1429Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2532647;
    Anyone else have a cat that follows you around like a 2 year old? Our youngest is like attached to me by an invisible string that won't let him get farther than 5 feet away. I am at the desk, he is under it with his head on my feet. I go into the bathroom, he is outside the door. I am on the bed or couch, he is behind my knees. I go into the kitchen for a drink, here he comes. I swear he follows me more than my daughter did when she was a baby.
    I have a stray that adopted me about 10 months ago and he is like my shadow. He follows me everywhere and if he can't find me he meows like crazy until I return to the room he is in. It can get so annoying but he is such a love and one look into his big blue eyes melts my heart.
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2533004;
    PGM35 - now those two are just ADORABLE!

Reading the posts about critters watching TV - Recently i bought a new LARGE flat panel TV, and for some reason I think Joey can see it better than the old conventional tube TV, because he now sits and watches things. Last night I had a Dean Martin (who else?) DVD on one which was mostly clips of him singing- and Joey just sat there and watched the whole thing with me, ididn't even move.

Buddy watches TV sometimes. He definitely hears the doorbell on TV and he and D.Bo run to the front door everytime. Especially those dang Domino's Pizza commercials - Get the Door it's Domino's! haha

lei
    FORT Fogey

I just love hearing about everyone's babies.

PGM - Those pictures are too precious!!!

Wonderful stories and photos everyone! I so enjoy reading this thread.

Gracie and Mr. Tootles are getting a bit stressed today. Had to move a lot of furniture around and cover things with sheets and plastic to continue painting. A lot of changes for them. They finally fell asleep around 8pm without any good naps.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

PGM: Henry goes nuts when he hears tha Domino commercial too! The doorbell sets him into a frenzy and he cannot tell if it is is on TV or in real life.

Gabriel:I bet Joey is just loving that big TV. Have you seen the series of DVDs for cats? I think that they were produced by Animal Planet and I'll try to find the link for you. They are motly looooong videos of mice and birds, but cats seem to love them!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

No I have not seen those DVDs - I'll check it out. I would also like to correct my earlier post where I posted LARGE flat panel TV, my best friend said that a 32 inch widescreen flat panel is NOT a large TV. sorry folks.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2533004;
    PGM35 - now those two are just ADORABLE!

Reading the posts about critters watching TV - Recently i bought a new LARGE flat panel TV, and for some reason I think Joey can see it better than the old conventional tube TV, because he now sits and watches things. Last night I had a Dean Martin (who else?) DVD on one which was mostly clips of him singing- and Joey just sat there and watched the whole thing with me, ididn't even move.
    So have you shown him any clips with Joey Bishop yet?

(for the record, I think 32 inch tv is large because we have an old tv that is fairly small, but then again, I just saw one of the biggest tv's I think I've ever seen. I don't think even if I could afford it, my family room would be big enough to hold it. You could see the pores on the actor's faces it was so huge. )
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2533390;
    So have you shown him any clips with Joey Bishop yet?
    HA! - too funny. Actually there isn't much out there with Joey Bishop in it that I like. Anything on the Rat Pack usually focused on Sinatra, Martin and Davis.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2533391;
    HA! - too funny. Actually there isn't much out there with Joey Bishop in it that I like. Anything on the Rat Pack usually focused on Sinatra, Martin and Davis.
    I've always assumed you named him Joey because of Joey Bishop and the Rat pack and your love of Dino.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2533393;
    I've always assumed you named him Joey because of Joey Bishop and the Rat pack and your love of Dino.

Oh no dear lady. Y'all sit back now and I am going to tell you how Joey came into my life and got named. I know I probably told this story before but it's like one of those family things that get repeated every year at the holidays.
    First off I had adopted Mona when she was about 3 years old in 1994 or 5, now fast forward to Aug 1996, when my drunky ex roommate said "I want a kitten so I can have my own something to love me" We go to a pet store and look around walk up to this cage where there are a bunch of adorable kittens, and this little one walks up with this BIG voice! OK I'll make it short. My drunky ex doesn't know what to call IT yet so the name BUDDY is applied for about a week. After that the drunky ex decides that he doesn't see SOMETHING DOWN THERE, so it's a GIRL (I didn't see anything ELSE and questioned this and was told to shut up it was his cat. OK)Anyhoo he decides it's a girl - the name gets changed to ZOEY. Well a week or two after that ZOEY needs to go for shots that the store has already paid for with a vet and drunky ex finds out the GIRL is a BOY, who by the way now comes running to the name ZOEY, so the Z gets changed to a J. Then a year later I move and the best decision the fool ever made, was insisting I take Joey because him & Mona were used to each other, and not only that Joey HATED the guy because he was always getting YELLED at for being on the furniture, being on the BED, table etc etc.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

+ Reply to Thread