+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Great pictures!

We have an American flag in our back yard and last summer, I saw several Hummingbirds hovering around it. I bought a feeder, have kept it filled up since then and have yet to see another Hummingbird.

My parents have a Springer Spaniel who goes insane when animals are on television. They watched that movie about sled dogs (I think it is called Eight Below) a few weeks ago and had to put their dog outside because he was barking so loudly. Their dog actually runs behind the television and howls. It is hilarious. Our Henry does growl and bark at other dogs and birds on tv but he is not as bad.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Maggie reacts to animals on television but usually after two-three runs at it she tires of the game. Howard doesn't seem to recognize anything on television, save the occasional doorbell that sounds like ours. That's hilarious a dog would be so focused you'd have to put him outside.

How sad to hear you all have a lack of hummingbirds. I live in So. Cal., and my BIL has so many they line up as if there's a sale on fuel at the local gas station. We live about 50 miles away, and have about 10 that vie for our two feeders, but there's one bird (she's nested in our patio for years) who guards both feeders and refuses to share with others. :nono We do have orioles who eat the food, though (wisely she doesn't mess with them ), so I fill both of them about once/week.

Mariner, I'm glad the hummingbird decided to move on - how sweet of you to get the feeders for her, though.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

MRD

Bogie will notice animals on tv, especially dogs. He will jump off the sofa and run to the tv and try to sniff it. When he can't smell the dogs, he walks off looking kind of dejected. Waldo has only noticed the tv once and it was a Golden Retriver. He was captivated and stood in front of the tv until the dog went off the screen. He's part Golden. He's never noticed anything else on the tv before or since.
    Rosie will watch tv, but she doesn't try to sniff the tv or anything. (much too dignified)

But all of them bark when a doorbell rings on tv. So annoying.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My sister's Pekinese freaks out if animals are on tv and it doesn't stop. Of course once he starts, it starts the other two going. She has just given up watching any animal related shows or movies.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My, now, eldest kitty (Sashay Renee)...when she was in her first year, used to be fascinated with the telephone answering machine. When the phone would ring, and the machine would activate, she would run to the machine and stand directly over it and start down at it, until the message had been left. It was like she thought the call might be for her! I had my other kitty at the groomer one day (they never were super close because long hair kitty (Gail) was a bit of a snooty, attitudy thing). When I came in the house, I noticed that the answering machine was off. I turned it on and there was a message that said, "Ms. Shay, your baby is ready to be picked up!" I'd never known her to hit the 'off' button before! She just stood there looking like she had no idea why I was giving her the evil eye!

Gail also used to charge the door, growling, when either the doorbell rang, or somebody knocked on the door. She really thought she was a bad-A!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Anyone else have a cat that follows you around like a 2 year old? Our youngest is like attached to me by an invisible string that won't let him get farther than 5 feet away. I am at the desk, he is under it with his head on my feet. I go into the bathroom, he is outside the door. I am on the bed or couch, he is behind my knees. I go into the kitchen for a drink, here he comes. I swear he follows me more than my daughter did when she was a baby.

I saw the previous posts on cat litter. I use Scoop Away Unscented and got my baby a cat litter pan with a lid. I was told this would keep the kiity litter from sticking to his fur as he exited. I also got a mat for his paws to catch the litter so it won't get on the floor or carpets.

Darned if my baby doesn't hunch himself to the back of the litter pan and lauch his body through the door so litter goes all over the place.

But what can I do, but love him?

lei
    FORT Fogey

All of your animal stories are so cute!

Our babies have only minor interest in TV or phones, but as for following, Baby Theodore the Shmuglump will tag along with whomever is passing by. Angela greets everyone at the door with her "talking" sound. And little Gina will promptly park herself on any garment she finds. And of course there's many more quirks amongst the tribe.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
    A couple of recent pics of Buddy and D.Bo - So cute huh?

PGM35 - now those two are just ADORABLE!

Reading the posts about critters watching TV - Recently i bought a new LARGE flat panel TV, and for some reason I think Joey can see it better than the old conventional tube TV, because he now sits and watches things. Last night I had a Dean Martin (who else?) DVD on one which was mostly clips of him singing- and Joey just sat there and watched the whole thing with me, ididn't even move.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread