+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Yikes! Actually, I really don't mind the two minutes a day I spend scooping litter boxes--certainly not to the point I'd spend that much on a robopotty!

****a reminder, if you haven't been seeing very many hummingbirds, don't forget to fill your feeders anyway. The little guys are getting ready to head South, and need it. I have seen very few this year, until suddenly, I have at least 10 fighting over my six feeders. It's very entertaining!
    Last edited by queenb; 08-16-2007 at 08:28 AM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

It's interesting that you mention hummingbirds, queenb. I never see hummingbirds in our yard, but last night as I was walking through the living room, I looked out the window and saw a hummingbird eating/drinking from one of our flowers in the front garden. I did a double-take, because I've NEVER seen them in the front garden before. We have feeders in the back yard, and they haven't been used this year either.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2529397;
    Yikes! Actually, I really don't mind the two minutes a day I spend scooping litter boxes--certainly not to the point I'd spend that much on a robopotty!

****a reminder, if you haven't been seeing very many hummingbirds, don't forget to fill your feeders anyway. The little guys are getting ready to head South, and need it. I have seen very few this year, until suddenly, I have at least 10 fighting over my six feeders. It's very entertaining!
    I saw a commercial for this new kitty litter that changes color to let you know when to scoop. I have had cats in the very distant past and I have friends with cats and I've always been able to look and tell what needs to be scooped or not without having it turn blue or green or whatever to let me know. Now as I am not a cat owner currently, I may be wrong on this. But that is the first thing I thought upon seeing the commercial. If you can't tell already, then should you even have a cat?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2529547;
    ....If you can't tell already, then should you even have a cat?
    Unless one has no olfactory sense, it should be pretty obvious!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The big clumps are a serious tip-off, too! Idiot product. Besides, you really ought to be taking care of that business everyday or at least every other day. The best clumping letter on the market.....Scoop Away!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I absolutely love the clumping litter. When I was little, we didn't have that and it was a pain in the neck! But with the clumping litter, I just poop scoop every morning and my kitties are good to go!!! Good to go!!! Good one.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2529677;
    I absolutely love the clumping litter. When I was little, we didn't have that and it was a pain in the neck! But with the clumping litter, I just poop scoop every morning and my kitties are good to go!!! Good to go!!! Good one.
    Love it! Thanks! I needed that!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2529397;
    I have two feeders I bought last week when I was on vacation in Central Oregon if anyone needs one. When we arrived at the house on Saturday afternoon, there was a hummingbird trapped in the garage and we could not get him to leave through the side door or the wide open garage door. He kept flying up over the garage door or trying to get out a window that didn't open. By Sunday afternoon we were concerned enough that I went to the local hardware store to buy two feeders and some nectar to help lure him out. Of course, by the time I got back he'd been gently captured and let loose outside.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

We used to get these Andean Hummingbirds (huge!) when we lived in Peru, as well as the little guys. We had a nest outside the livingroom window, and if we inadvertently let the feeder run dry, the mom would look in the windows of the house until she found us, and just hover and stare at us. It didn't take us long to figure it out, and it was good for a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2529547;
    Now as I am not a cat owner currently, I may be wrong on this. But that is the first thing I thought upon seeing the commercial. If you can't tell already, then should you even have a cat?
    Trying to make more of the world idiot proof. I don't use clumping litter, but believe me I know my kid and his box. Well most of the time he doesn't even cover anything - I think he believes he needs to show me who the boss really is.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread