+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1429Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

lei
    FORT Fogey

Re: For animal lovers

Beautiful new pictures, everyone.

It's a hard day here. Our eldest, Daphne, seems quite ill. Not to be graphic but we woke up with poop everywhere -- bed, carpets, etc. Not that that's a big deal compared to her health, it's just added stress. We're going to the vet later this morning. Meantime we're done with the carpet shampooer and now it's lots of laundry.

After recently losing Rainey and almost losing Theodore, we're pretty stressed out. And all the kitties have been having eating issues since Theo came to us so even though he checked out fine with two vets we're still wondering if they all got something from him and it's finally really getting to Daphne. We're trying to think positively, though.

I'll report back when I know more. Meantime, prayers are gratefully accepted.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

As the saying goes, "If it ain't one thing, it's another." You have had your share of kitty chaos this year. Hopefully, Daphne has a gastrointestinal bug that will be resolved without too much more drama. I went through one kitty pooping everywhere for a few days (but she did not seem, otherwise, affected), and it went away as mysteriously as it came. It was like she couldn't quite make it to the litter box in time. Here's praying for simplicity. Keep us posted.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

lei
    FORT Fogey

Thank you, Shay, for your empathy as well as your sensible perspective. Those things really go a long way!

The vet should be calling soon so I'll be back later with more news. Sweet Daphne is our very social phobic and post-traumatic stress kitty so we're gonna stay strong and calm for her. I'm so glad Mr. lei is off work today.

Anyway thank you again.

LEI - Please please keep us posted. My thoughts are with Daphne and cyber head bumps from Joey.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

lei
    FORT Fogey

Thank you, sweet gabriel and Joey.

The vet felt a big bowel blocking Daphne's intestine. The liquid poop had been leaking out around it. Vet gave her an enema which got out some but not the main blockage. Now she's back home (in her own little bathroom, mostly for our sake, as she's still a dripping mess) with prescribed laxative and food. If she doesn't have a normal BM by Monday she'll be in surgery. We're crossing all our fingers, toes, and paws. Thank you to those sending good thoughts our way. I've had Daphne for 11 years since my Mom and my Tulpa died (one day apart) and she sleeps curled up at my belly every night. She's easily frightened, mostly due to a mean cat who mauled her years ago, but when she feels safe she's the most affectionate thing. My sense is that she'll be okay but obviously I'll feel much better when I know for sure. I've been through too much of this lately.

queenb: Oh what beautiful kittys!!
    kimrs: Wow, what a pair of eyes on your Toby!
    gabriel: I love seeing Joey!
    prhoshay: Thank you! Gracie, unfortunately, knows she is kinda pertty. Lucky you get kitty bites too!

lei: Oh MY! Sending healing prayers and animal angels to Daphne!! . I'm very glad the vet was able to determine the cause of her distress. Here's hoping "everything comes out well in the end"! (I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist). Seriously, prayers have been sent!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2520453;
    lei: Oh MY! Sending healing prayers and animal angels to Daphne!! . I'm very glad the vet was able to determine the cause of her distress. Here's hoping "everything comes out well in the end"! (I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist). Seriously, prayers have been sent!
    Prayers received, thank you!

And joke welcome. Really, what else can one do when continually smeared in poop.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quick update. Daphne has made progress. We are very relieved that she won't need surgery!

I also discovered that she's very good about baths. This was her first in 11 years! Then again, most anything would be okay after an enema.

Thanks again for prayers. No more kitty incidents. Please.

I take it Daphne made BOOM BOOM?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2520770;
    I take it Daphne made BOOM BOOM?
    I realize from this and PMs that I wasn't clear. Then again it's awkward to talk about these things.

Yes, I will proudly announce that she made some nice firm balls of kittypoo! No more liquid leakage around it. Thank heavens.

I am so happy for my precious baby.

Thanks for checking, gabriel!

+ Reply to Thread