+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1429Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

doxie: Awww. Your babies are too cute in the tub shots. I just feel bad they don't like getting bathed. But what else can you do? They aren't self-cleaning like kitties.

What do you think? This was on the news recently. There is a new business called Flexpetz where you can "rent" your pet/dogs. I think the intention is a good one but the outcome may not be so good for the pets.

...FLEXPETZ is a shared dog ownership concept that provides our members with access to a variety of FLEXPETZ dogs. All FLEXPETZ dogs complete obedience training and some FLEXPETZ dogs are also certified as therapy dogs.

Through the FLEXPETZ shared dog ownership concept, members can spend from just a few hours to a number of days with each of our dogs. FLEXPETZ dogs are available in varied breed sizes to ensure compatibility with our member's individual lifestyles and unique circumstances...
    FLEXPETZ - Flexible Pet Ownership
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I think its wrong, just wrong. This is treating them like property.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Pets are NOT ACCESSORIES! Even the most social dogs (my Gustav, for example) needs a permanent home; one person or family to whom they look for love and security.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Inviting doggie psychosis! :nono
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I think it would be better for someone who doesn't want a permenant pet to get their animal fix by going to a shelter and petting the animals there. It might help some of the more shy animals, plus its FREE. We ran an article about this service, and there's a sign upfee, a monthly charge, and a charge per day that you have the animal. I added it up and it was something unbelievable like $300 a month assuming you only had the pet three or four days a month. That's kind of ridiculous to me even though it includes all the food and care.
    I'm not that sure it's horrible for the pets, because the service I saw didn't let any of the animals 'visit' more than x days a month, and they were all chosen for being pets that like to visit. I've seen plenty of animals that were more than happy to go anywhere with anybody, and loved it.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2510546;
    I think it would be better for someone who doesn't want a permenant pet to get their animal fix by going to a shelter and petting the animals there. It might help some of the more shy animals, plus its FREE. We ran an article about this service, and there's a sign upfee, a monthly charge, and a charge per day that you have the animal. I added it up and it was something unbelievable like $300 a month assuming you only had the pet three or four days a month. That's kind of ridiculous to me even though it includes all the food and care.
    I'm not that sure it's horrible for the pets, because the service I saw didn't let any of the animals 'visit' more than x days a month, and they were all chosen for being pets that like to visit. I've seen plenty of animals that were more than happy to go anywhere with anybody, and loved it.
    I agree that it's not horrible for all pets - some love all the extra attention of going somewhere and being with anybody. I thought the price would be outrageous and that's why I wouldn't want to do that. I would also be jealous if my dog was loving up on someone else. They are mine and I don't even like to share their attention with my SO much less with strangers!

FORT Regular

I don't see how it is good for the pet. The dogs never get a home they get tossed to different owners. Wouldn't it severely effect the trust level of the dog?

I could never rent-a-pet. Even though the pets are well-trained and taken care of, it's still a money-making idea. But then again, so is breeding and showing dogs.

Anway, for good doggie news, Zora, a black great dane of Owen Sound, had 16 puppies!! The vet thought she might have 4. Surprise surprise. And happily, they are all healthy and have all been adopted!! Just get a load of those faces

Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Now that's a big ol' pile of puppies!

Isn't that just the cutest?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread