+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1258Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;2498055;
    Hey Newf! Are you going to be rescuing a newfy pup? Have you heard anything yet? Keep us informed!
    The last that I heard was that the High Country Newf Club knows of several vets who do low-cost spaying/neutering of rescues, and that most of the rescues would be "fixed" before being sent to their foster homes. I assume that I'm still in line for fostering since I haven't heard otherwise, and to that end, I have started to build a fence around a small part of my property--I don't think that I can put chain-link fencing around all 50 acres so the rescue will have to make due with about a tenth of an acre unless on lead
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Hey there! I just found this thread, thanks to Roseskid!!
    I just had to share my babies!!
    Soleil, my pyr/samoyed mix is 10 1/2 ad has Degenerative Myelopathy. It has no cure, and she is just losig sensation in her back legs, so she stumbles a bit. Luckily, there is no pain, and she is happy as ever, so she cant go on walks aymore.
    I just bought her a wheelchair, and she is in heaven!! She now can go on her long walks, and out runs my 5 year old Pyrenees baby Beau ( is is from our pyr rescue, HUGE and afraid fo everything!!).
    Here is a pic of Soleil with her new wheels. They are really lightweight and she doesnt even notice that she is using them. the chair pivots and turns around as quick as she does, perfect for finding all those nasty smells on a walk quickly. I just wish they made something she could use around the house, but this is truly a Godsend for her!! Also a closeup of my avatar, since its so cute!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Aww what a big sweetie Soleil is. The av is adorable, but what's the kitty's name?

lei
    FORT Fogey

Christiii!

Soleil and your kitty are absolutely precious!!! How wonderful that Soleil is having such a good life, thanks to you.

aww thanks guys!!
    Lei, that kitty is adorable!!
    My kitten's name is Bailey and he is just about a year old. He is the biggest NERD. Totally crosseyed, and has one broken off tooth, and one double tooth. He walks around the house, talking ALL the time. He thinks he is a dog and does whatever they do, tho they just kind of ignore him. Also, when he snuggles with me, he DROOLS. Not sometimes, all time, he gets into some kind of a zone and jsut gets all wonky and drooly. Good times. He is from our shelter, and I was looking for a fluffy, ragdoll type. He was that when I got him, a really pretty cream color, and then, alas he changed into a tabby.
    He is my son, and I love him dearly but he is the goofiest cat Ive ever met

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Soleil and Bailey, as sister and brother......too adorable together! Love the avatar. Bailey's colors are gorgeous and mucho interesting. I had a Pyrenees beat the heck out of my leg with her tail while I was waiting in the vet's office....I just considered it my shiatsu massage for the day. The owner tried to get her to stop; I told him to just let her be.
    Good grief, they sure do shed!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

lei
    FORT Fogey

To me, life doesn't get much sweeter than goofy cross-eyed talking kitty drool.

Welcome Christiii - Absolutely adorable! Glad to see someone doing something like the wheelchair for one of our beloved 4 legged critters. A lot of people would probably let her suffer. Thank you so much for doing that!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

yep, Bailey is my baby, drool and all!
    I dont really have a problem with my Great Pyrenees shedding too badly, and I dont brush them all the time or anything.
    Beau's coat is SO think that I just shave him i the summer, so right now he looks just like a fat lab who's head exploded (since I dot shave his cute lil head). Soleil has a finer coat and most of it comes out in the bath.
    They will shed a lot tho if you dont ever bath or brush them, but its like clumps of fur so its easier to get rid of than shorter hair.
    Oh yeah, and I NEVER wear black
    Here is a pic of my baby Beaumont too, he is the one ot he ground. He seriously has the personality of Eeyore, he is my little worrier!
    LAME pic of me, but hey, the dogs look cute!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I love Pyrs I get asked if my Newfs are Pyrs; do you ever get asked if your Pyrs are Newfs?
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

+ Reply to Thread