+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

lei: I'm so happy things are working out with your vet! And don't ever feel bad for venting or gushing in this thread!

roseskid: I'm glad that the furminator is really working both on the dogs and your vaccuumming program!

Marleybone: From what I understand, the furminator is closer to a de-shedding tool than a rake or slicker brush.

I have been using a basic rake brush on my kitties and it's great! I use the de-shedding tool by Bamboo only once a week. I'm still wanting to get the Love2pet brush. I may borrow it from my neighbor again this week if I can.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2496295;
    I am posting this based on an email I received today. It's about dogs and raisins/grapes. Scary!

Urban Legends Reference Pages: Raisins and Grapes Harmful to Dogs
    Does this mean that Bjorn and Gustav have to do without their Merlot at dinner? How uncivilized
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

lei
    FORT Fogey

Thank you, misskitty, for your understanding.

And thank you, Newf, for a much-needed morning laugh!

Hey Newf! Are you going to be rescuing a newfy pup? Have you heard anything yet? Keep us informed!
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

lei
    FORT Fogey

Today I brought Theodore to the vet for his follow-up and regular kitten #3 vaccinations/de-worming. He checked out very well, though he still has a tiny bit of fluid in his lungs and a small but "normal" yelp of pain on a certain spot on his back. Doc says it will go away by continuing his diuretics, as well as a sedative to keep him calm, for three more days. So it's stoned kitty time again. He rolls around on his back more when he's sedated.

Update on the vet story -- He actually sat down (he's quite tall, and I'm quite short, so it makes a big difference) and apologized again for the unannounced large expenses and said that it wouldn't happen that way again. He also felt badly about the way he had discussed it right after. Of course I happily accepted his apology again and told him that we're totally fine. Then he told me he would comp this visit and vaccinations, only charge for the meds, because he knows that this incident was costly. I thought that was very kind (and it is certainly helpful!)

The two assistants and two receptionists passed him around, cooing over him; they'd grown quite attached the night and day he stayed. One auntie gave him a feather. I also noticed a sticky by the desk that said, in red, "Estimates, please" and a smiley, so I think they actually sat down and talked about their procedures.

I took Theo home and made a thank-you card for the vet and staff, with pictures of our precious baby, with Aloha from Daphne, Keko, Angela, Daniel and Gina, and their humans.

lei, I'm so glad that you got your vet situation cleared up. We went through a similar situtuation a few years ago. Our long-time vet diagnosed (without x-raying) Simon with arthritis and prescribed a very expensive medicine for him. Then, she refused to write a prescription so that we could buy it much less expensively online. I found a wonderful new vet and took Simon in to see him. He x-rayed Simon (no arthritis) and even took the time to pull out some x-rays of a dog that did have arthritis and show me what it looks like. He spent about two hours with me and the dog. His partner at the clinic is equally wonderful and we've never regretted changing vets at all.
    And, your thank-you note made me laugh. One of the vet techs has our Christmas card from Simon and Henry hanging on the wall behind her desk. I'm glad that everything worked out for you.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Thanks so much, doxie.

That's quite a story! I'm so glad you found the right vets for your babies.

P.S. Your avatar still makes me melt every time I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2496884;
    Does this mean that Bjorn and Gustav have to do without their Merlot at dinner? How uncivilized
    Newf

lei: I'm glad everything has worked out in your favor with your vet expenses. And I'm so very happy that little Theo-schmuglump is still progressing although he must have more sedatives and painkillers. High kitty time again! I'm amazed that you got your tall vet to "Sit!". Can you get him to roll over now too?

doxie: I'm glad that you got a second opinion and changed vets. It's great that didn't have to pay for the expensive meds and that your baby didn't have arthritis! That must have been very upsetting to say the least.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2498458;
    I'm amazed that you got your tall vet to "Sit!". Can you get him to roll over now too?
    That's hilarious!

And you gave me an opening to add something I just found out. For me, at 5'2", lots of people are "tall", but Mr. lei estimates that the vet is about 6'6"! No wonder I felt "talked down to" sometimes (it was mostly behavioral but this didn't help. )
    Last edited by lei; 08-01-2007 at 02:48 AM.

lei - I'm SO glad little Theo had a good check-up and that you got everything straightened out with the vet. More kittie-hugs coming Theo's way!

+ Reply to Thread