+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by lei;2496116;
    I want to apologize for (and delete, if I could) my awkward posts earlier. I'm still reeling from this crisis, and this part of the aftermath was pretty weird. I didn't mean to get quite so personal in here, heh.
    No need to apologize lei. It was all related to your pets and this is the pet thread after all.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid;2494274;
    Well, we broke down and bought The Furminator yesterday, and oh my goodness. I filled an entire plastic shopping bag with Howard hair, and another bag again this morning. He loves it, and actually fell asleep today when I was brushing him , so I imagine he's almost as happy getting the loose fur off as I am. I'm hoping it will mean I don't have to vacuum the house every. single. day. I'd much rather brush him daily than vacuum, that's for sure, because the vacuum just doesn't warm my heart as much as Howard cuddling with me.
    So this works better than just regular brushing? I've got a coupon for PetCo so maybe I will have to run down there tomorrow and pick this up. Between Katie and Pumpkin the hair is awful.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Thank you, Unk.

After reading how good the furminator works, I'm really not so sure I want to get one for Joey. I mean he wants to get brushed all the time now, if he likes the furminator even more, what do I do - hire a canny (cross between a catsitter and a nanny)to brush him when I am not home???
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Premium Member

We already use an undercoat rake on Katie to remove the dead undercoat hair along with a slicker brush, I wonder if this works better. I hate the cat hair, it just seems to float through the air.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2496158;
    I hate the cat hair, it just seems to float through the air.
    No joke. Hardy lies in the chair next to me and Laurel sits on the floor next to him when I brush just waiting for the "floaties" to come so he can attack them and then eat them. Silly cat.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2496153;
    After reading how good the furminator works, I'm really not so sure I want to get one for Joey. I mean he wants to get brushed all the time now, if he likes the furminator even more, what do I do - hire a canny (cross between a catsitter and a nanny)to brush him when I am not home???
    A canny. I need one of those around here. Seriously though, I am thinking about switching to leather furniture. Anyone have leather? None of my babies claw or anything like that, I'm just worried about the occasional misplaced toenail.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am posting this based on an email I received today. It's about dogs and raisins/grapes. Scary!

Urban Legends Reference Pages: Raisins and Grapes Harmful to Dogs
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2496295;
    I am posting this based on an email I received today. It's about dogs and raisins/grapes. Scary!

Urban Legends Reference Pages: Raisins and Grapes Harmful to Dogs
    Ack! Our daughter used to toss grapes to Maggie all the time - I guess we're lucky she never had a problem. Thanks, Shay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2496143;
    So this works better than just regular brushing? I've got a coupon for PetCo so maybe I will have to run down there tomorrow and pick this up. Between Katie and Pumpkin the hair is awful.
    Most definitely. It has a razor in it I think, so you have to be careful not to cut their skin, but I had absolutely no problem handling it, and I swear, Howard lost about 10 lbs. in fur. He was friskier today (he's a big lug anyway, so it's not like he bounces off the walls ) so I honestly think he feels better without all that hair. His coat is gorgeous now, sleek and shiny. If I get the time I'll snap a picture of his gorgeous self. Oh, I can't believe I almost forgot to mention a most wonderful surprise from today...I DIDN'T HAVE TO VACUUM!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2496128;
    No need to apologize lei. It was all related to your pets and this is the pet thread after all.
    Ditto, lei. Bedside manner is crucial when dealing with patient/doctor situations. I'll put up with a surgeon if he has a great reputation, but rather lousy bedside manner, because afterall it's his surgical precision that's most important. But if we're talking about a simple checkup, I insist on a doctor I can be comfortable with. You weren't out of line at all.
    Last edited by roseskid; 07-31-2007 at 01:30 AM.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid;2496556;
    ...I DIDN'T HAVE TO VACUUM!!!

Ditto, lei. Bedside manner is crucial when dealing with patient/doctor situations. I'll put up with a surgeon if he has a great reputation, but rather lousy bedside manner, because afterall it's his surgical precision that's most important. But if we're talking about a simple checkup, I insist on a doctor I can be comfortable with. You weren't out of line at all.
    Okay, I've been resisting the furminator because the babies and I love our brushing time....but I hadn't considered the VACUUM benefit! With six cats, you know I do it a lot, and none of us are crazy about it. I just might have to get this thing after all!

(ETA it just dawned on me that you might be referring to pet vacuuming! I was just thinking about having to vacuum the carpet less! Anyway, it's all good. )

And thanks for your support, sweet Roses.

+ Reply to Thread