+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1384Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;2495024;
    I SO wish we could of gotten a picture of the two of them snoozing together.
    For some reason your story reminded me of John Candy and Steve Martin in "Planes, Trains and Automobiles" when they fell asleep and ended up cuddling each other.

Roses, Hardy manages to keep his big ol' self up there. They take turns on the back of the chair or "their" chair next to me. Your caption is cute.
    Thanks for all the sweet compliments. I thank Star everyday for giving them to me.

lei
    FORT Fogey

This is why it's good to start the day with FORT.

Roses - your caption, and Unk - that picture in that context, are so funny!

Marley - I just saw that picture of Dolly. She is TOO precious and adorable!

lei: I'm still grinning that Little Schmuglump is Home and HAPPY!!

marleybone: I just love your little Dolly. She is so sweet and has such a loving look about her!

roseskid: I'm glad you and Howard like the furminator. I spoke to one of the groomers at Petsmart and she didn't recommend it, but I think it was her personal opinion. I'm happy it's working well for you!

Unk: Ooooo. How sweet L&H are to be hanging out with you around the computer! They are just adorable!

doxie: That is so cute how your boys cuddle in the laundry....got any photos!

----
    I have been away from Mr. Tootles and Gracie now for 3 whole days and I miss them something AWFUL! I can hardly wait to pick them up and give them big KISSES and snuggles, and treats, and brushys, and more kisses and play with them all day!

I wonder if they finished priming and painting the house while I was away?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Marley, Dolly certainly does look like a Dolly........a living doll!

Is it true blondes have more fun???
    Last edited by prhoshay; 07-30-2007 at 05:33 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

lei - So what's the latest report on little Theodore? I haven't seen a progress report today. You can't leave us hanging like that!

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2495396;
    lei - So what's the latest report on little Theodore? I haven't seen a progress report today. You can't leave us hanging like that!
    Aww, thank you ScoutMom. You are so sweet!

He's doing beautifully!!! We couldn't keep him in the carrier. He was a non-stop Tasmanian devil. He owns the house again. And Mr. lei and I couldn't be happier.

This is totally insignificant in the scheme of things, but I just popped on here to try to distract myself while I wait for word back. Maybe someone can relate to this or shed some light. I mentioned earlier, in some form, that I sent a message to the vet, profusely thanking him and his staff for their availability and expertise and care, and how relieved we are, and also politely addressing the sudden and unannounced $500 jump in costs (total bill was $927) well after Theo was out of danger. I got back a very strange and unprofessional message. It was obvious he had not only misinterpreted but had barely even skimmed my message (much less spell-checked his own.) He has a way of talking down, the way so many doctors seem to. We have three of our kitties in his care and three in another's, and always liked that we had both resources. Now I'm disheartened. Anyway I tried to again really nicely clarify my concern and request, and hopefully he'll get it, but this isn't the first time he's been quirky and egoish, so I don't know. Obviously technical expertise is the most important thing, but professionalism and bedside manner are nice too, no? Sorry for this rant. When it comes to medical care, for humans and furries, I really do miss the mainland.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

If I were you, since you have tried twice, I'd have a calm face-to-face with the man. with yours/his communications in hand to see if dealing with him is really worth it. I understand about the technical expertise...but you have your other 3 with another doc for a reason. And call him by his first name! A person that is working for you...you need to know that they will listen to your concerns. If it's not successful, move on. You might be surprised who is out there that is willing to take care of your babies, and take your concerns into consideration. Start asking around for referrals to other vets that people are happy with. They are out there!

I am very lucky. I deal with a family group. The dad, his twin sons, and his 2 daughters, and a couple of other docs. Wonderful people, but not a computer in sight! Plus they are only 1 of at least 3 24/7 animal hospitals at our disposal.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 07-30-2007 at 06:35 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

lei
    FORT Fogey

Thank you so much, Shay! And I'm so glad you have such good care there for your babies.

Great news! I just received a really kind and sensible apology. Being more direct worked. This was one of many lessons for me in backbone strength. Dang, I really dislike confrontation, and Mr. lei is the same way, so this kind of thing is tricky for us.

We don't have a lot of options here but I will keep my eyes open for his future behavior, as well as our other vet's, and others further away.

I'm a bit embarrassed venting so soon before resolution, but it did help me clarify things. Thanks for being there. Yay, FORT animal lovers!

Thanks for the Welcome everyone!! I am trying to figure out how to post pictures but it's not working. Can someone please help and give me instructions?
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by taracran;2496032;
    Thanks for the Welcome everyone!! I am trying to figure out how to post pictures but it's not working. Can someone please help and give me instructions?
    Try this thread.

I hope that's helpful and look forward to seeing your pictures!

I want to apologize for (and delete, if I could) my awkward posts earlier. I'm still reeling from this crisis, and this part of the aftermath was pretty weird. I didn't mean to get quite so personal in here, heh.

+ Reply to Thread