Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

lei
    FORT Fogey

Re: For animal lovers

Oh, gabriel

Oh, everyone!!!

THEODORE IS OKAY!!!!!

As I'm sure y'all can imagine, there are no words to express my relief. We really thought we'd lost him. But he's coming home, any time after 3:30 they said (it's 11:51 now.)

I'm just flowing tears of joy.

Thank you again for all your kind thoughts and prayers, everybody. It really made all the difference in the world.

lei - WHAT a relief! - you keep that boy away from barstools.

I can only add that all of you who were there for me when Mona passed on, it helped me so much. I still miss my little girl something awful but time will soften the pain. LEI - The people that are paart of the FORT site are just amazing and caring. One of the reasons I like the place so much.
    Last edited by just1paul; 07-27-2007 at 07:10 PM.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Barstools are really dangerous - I've heard more than one story about people falling off them. Can you imagine!

Seriously, I'm so relieved little Schmuglump is going to be OK. I think he needs lots and lots of pets and loving. Give him a bunch of gentle hugs from me.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2492667;
    Barstools are really dangerous - I've heard more than one story about people falling off them. Can you imagine!

Seriously, I'm so relieved little Schmuglump is going to be OK. I think he needs lots and lots of pets and loving. Give him a bunch of gentle hugs from me.

Yeah - but this is the first time I ever heard of a barstool falling ON someone.

Well Joey jumped off his little stand the other day, and jumped so hard the thing went falling and rolling, so today he tried to get into it like when he was little and got STUCK ! it's this one:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - The Dean Martin Show -

I'm glad little Teddy is heading home lei! That's wonderful that he will be fine. Don't be holding the poor little thing all night long. Give him some time to play with his brothers and sisters.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Hi again, everyone.

I'm smiling and laughing with you all.

gabriel - That picture is hilarious! Please give Joey a big hug for me. In fact everyone please give your babies extra luvins tonight, okay?

ScoutMom - I know, now that everything is okay, it's a bizarre story! I'm just so glad we were home when it happened or his poor little lungs might not have held up.

Unk - You called it like it is! His brothers and sisters have been looking around for him all day. They'd really been bonding lately and we were all distraught when this happened. They'll have him to themselves while we're out to dinner.

Everyone, once again, thank you!!! Mr. lei and I are the happiest people in the world right now.

How great to see this news, Lei, now go have a happy birthday dinner knowing everyone is home waiting for you!
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Omg! Y'all have seen the first two, actually the second picture shows the openings in the "condo" that he gets stuck in now and the third one is really the first of the three in a series of then then and now. The fourth one I think I posted before but I still think it's hilarious that Mona was twice as big and then he went *POOF* and was double her weight and height.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - The Dean Martin Show -

lei
    FORT Fogey

gabriel - Those pictures are TOO adorable!!!! The last one in particular just grabs me by the heart.

Thank you again, Roses!

So the vet staff is so in love with Theodore I don't think they wanted him to go home. But when they brought him out and we burst into tears (okay, that was me. Mr. lei choked up.) and we gave them the $942 (ouch! but it is our duty) they did let us leave. Turns out he has to stay very inactive for four days, basically confined to nowhere he can jump or run, so not even a bathroom. The vet suggested the carrier but Mr. lei put two together that we secure with diving weight belts. One side has flannel pillowcases and a few favorite toys, the other has a small tupperware for litter, a small water bowl, and room for a food bowl when it's that time.

His brothers and sisters visit, especially his little Gina; they kiss through the holes. And we can take him out briefly but so far no "just sitting" -- he's eager to reclaim the house, which he can't do with a bruised lung. But he doesn't seem to mind his little clubhouse. He's clearly stoned from his meds so he's pretty easily entertained by a couple grains of litter.

I have to say again how my whole world shifted when I knew he was okay. With Rainey's death still so fresh, and Theo brought in to fill her space, it would have been completely devastating to lose him. While my birthday was wonderful for many reasons, I knew that if he could be healthy I couldn't imagine asking for anything ever again. Just puts everything in perspective.

That's wonderful that little Teddy is home resting in his own little condo.
    Quote Originally Posted by lei;2493030;
    He's clearly stoned from his meds so he's pretty easily entertained by a couple grains of litter.
    This had me . Doing a google search for stoned cat turned up this funny little picture.

+ Reply to Thread