+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1140Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

queenb - Best of luck with the new kittie! She's very fortunate that she found you.

My kitties are just about having nervous breakdowns. We're having our carpets in the living/dining room replaced with hardwood floors. We've spent the past couple of nights pulling up carpet, taking up trim, taking doors down, etc. The poor things don't know what to do with themselves! I keep telling them that in a week we'll be back to normal. I hope they survive that long! I think I'm in for some MAJOR sucking-up.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid;2488503;
    CC, I missed the pictures of your sweet Abby and she's absolutely adorable! I've used the 'shake can method' (Technique #2) here for all kinds of bad habits, and it works great. Word of caution: I learned from my first puppy to cover the can with a piece of paper, because everytime we had a can of soda, she was sure she was going to get in trouble. It works quickly because the sound surprises them and it's almost like a reflex-thing to stop whatever 'bad' thing they're doing to see what the noise is. It doesn't take much repetition.

Thanks roseskid, I am going to have to try this tonight. She was so bold last night. She picked up her water bowl (mind you it was completely full) walked around half the room, stopped looked at me while I was telling her to stop and dumped the bowl. It's like she did it on purpose. Of course hubby was standing there and didn't say a word. So when I was yelling at her, she went and hid behind him. I told him he needs to yell at her too and of course, he couldn't do it. GRRRRRRRRRR........she is never going to learn with just me yelling at her.

Queenie, your new kitty is so cute. Good luck with her
    Last edited by combatcutie; 07-25-2007 at 09:41 AM.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Ah, pets . . . they're worse than kids! That's hilarious, combatcutie. Of course, it's only hilarious because it's happening to you. If it was happening in my house, I wouldn't think it was quite so funny. Please keep the funny stories coming - I need the chuckle!

Remember this picture of the boys sleeping on my suitcase? That's Laurel on the top.

Well here's Laurel on it now. And he's the smaller of the two.

gabriel; you will not believe how wonderful that brush works. I gave it back and have used my regular brushes and I can't believe the difference! I'm going shopping tomorrow to try and find one.

queenb: Oooo. Such a wonderful kitty Daphne is! She looks just like Gracie's mamma! You are so kind to take her in and I hope that she gets along with everyone in the house eventually!

Scoutmom: Good luck on the major sucking up. I've been painting inside and the furniture is all pushed into the middle of the rooms. The kitties are not impressed with all the plaster dust and primer smell. I have been sucking up for weeks now!

combatcutie: Sounds like your girl has some attitude! Great story.
    -------

I am very thankful to have my Mr. Tootles safe and sound today. We had a bad scare yesterday. See the Troubles thread. Gracie is safe and sound today too! I don't know what I'd do if anything happened to either one.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

lei
    FORT Fogey

I love the before and after pics, Unk!

Unklescott - I DO remember that first picture. That is just too much. It is so amazing how much they grow.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2489739;
    gabriel; you will not believe how wonderful that brush works. I gave it back and have used my regular brushes and I can't believe the difference! I'm going shopping tomorrow to try and find one.
    How does that brush work on a short-haired kitty? You and I both know that, eventually, no amount of money is too much to spend on our baby-loves!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I got an e-mail this afternoon from a Newf friend in Colorado, who had heard from Oscar the Auxillary's (my foster Newf) new people. Apparently, he is happy as can be in his new home. He gets to go to work most days at a vet clinic and gets LOTS of attention That's the good news. The bad news is that the High Country Newf Club is getting about 26 Newfs in rescue , from two puppy mills It seems very likely that I will soon be fostering again.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2490005;
    I got an e-mail this afternoon from a Newf friend in Colorado, who had heard from Oscar the Auxillary's (my foster Newf) new people. Apparently, he is happy as can be in his new home. He gets to go to work most days at a vet clinic and gets LOTS of attention That's the good news. The bad news is that the High Country Newf Club is getting about 26 Newfs in rescue , from two puppy mills It seems very likely that I will soon be fostering again.
    And how many 4 or 5 maybe?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread