+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1337Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

MRD

Re: For animal lovers

Butterfly, those rules are so funny. Especially the part about the king size bed. The writer had to have seen our sleeping arrangements. We have 2 small Jack Russells who take up more room in the king size bed than 2 fully grown adults. And Waldo wishes with all his heart he could sleep up there too.

Where is the icon of the smilie with hands on knees bent over panting from chasing one big lumbering oaf of a mutt all over the freaking neighborhood in her pajamas at 7:15 in the morning?

I have been letting Waldo out by himself in the mornings as it seems I have better control of him that way. Not today. Here I am barefoot, in jammies (no bra either of course) running around trying not to yell too loudly and he is flying all over the damn neighborhood. I am doing a funny run/skip while holding in my hernia incision and cursing a blue streak under my breath. He's lucky I didn't catch him, but that he ran ahead to the door and when I opened it he shot through it. Even the neighbor who was walking his dog stopped to help and the dumb dog just got worse. My neighbor says: "oh, he's frisky this morning". I wanted to say I was goint to "frisky" his butt when I caught him.

He knows I'm not happy and has managed to avoid me at all costs for the last 45 min. He thinks I don't know where he is, but he's in the "tent" under the dining room table.
    He's usually so good about staying in the yard and coming back when called. I don't know what got into him this morning, but he pranced around and stayed just out of my reach knowing full well what he was doing. I was so mad at him.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD

Sorry for the double post it wouldn't let me back in to edit for some reason.

I just heard this loud noise come out of the tent. I thought it was Waldo snoring as he's very loud. Nope, he's gagging. He shoots out of the "tent" and across the kitchen (and linoleum I might add) to the carpeted family room where he let's loose the biggest yak I have ever seen. Why always on the carpet? He crossed the kitchen where it would be easy to clean up.

To say that he is NOT my favorite at the moment is the understatement of the year. Right now I'm ready to lock him in the bedroom with his "owner" the sleeping teenager. And what's worse is if I had woken her up to clean it up, I would have even more to clean up as it makes her gag.

I should never have gotten up this morning. This dog had better go back in the tent and stay there the rest of the day. We've been up less than 90 min. and already I have HAD IT!!!!!

The other 2 who are sensitive to my moods are hiding out in my bed under the covers.
    And I woke up in a fairly pleasant mood. But Waldo sure cured that!

What a great way to wake up in the morning - having to clean up dog nonsense. I hope your day improves!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2481464;
    What a great way to wake up in the morning - having to clean up dog nonsense. I hope your day improves!
    I don't know what was worse, chasing him through the neighborhood in my jammies or cleaning up yak.

He keeps going: "SNORK!!! SNORK!!! SNORK!!!!" A and looking quite distressed so I was on the verge of calling the vet when he layed down and went to sleep and he's been up walking around and looking better and has stopped "snorking" so now I don't know what to do. And he ate, so he can't be that sick. He is impossible to get in the car, gets car sick, drools copious amounts in the car, so unless he continues to SNORK than I'm not taking him to the vet. I can't get him in the car by myself anyway.

So I'm hoping that the snorking was just nothing. I have been telling him that's what happens to naughty dogs that defy their humans and go gallivanting all over the neighborhood first thing in the morning.

Oh and he's managed to pull the "tent" down off the dining room table So I have candle sticks and plates and place settings to clean up and put the cloth back on the table (my attempt to keep people from piling up the dining room table with junk, so I just set it really nice and everyone's left it alone)

This is NOT a great Waldo day, let me tell you. And the other two have walked around like they are gloating because he's been in trouble. It's like having small kids, let me tell you.

I need to go lay down. If I hear SNORK SNORK SNORK again, I may just run screaming from the house.

OK, so it hasn't improved yet. But tomorrow is another day! Enjoy your nap.

I know how you feel My Rosie Dog! First thing this morning I put my foot on the floor and stepped in a giant pile of cat yak. That was fun.
    Isn't it funny that they do look like they are gloating when the others are in trouble?
    I hopr the rest of your day is better.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Got up this morning, and brushed my teeth, as usual. When I returned to the bathroom (yes, I brush while on the go sometimes) to get rid of the yuck in my mouth, my stalker gurl was curled up comfortably, with heavily lidded eyes in the sink. She barely opened one eye to acknowledge my presence! While I could have just turned on the water, or poked her out of there.....she looked so comfy that I didn't have the heart to do it. I just went onto the next bathroom to finish my morning ablutions. All I know is that she'd better be glad that I like her..... What a jerky thing to do!!

And when one of mine is in trouble, the other two are peeping around the corner to see what all of the ruckus is about. It's too funny how they will come running, but stay out of range! They also come running to see what's going on when one of them is howling for whatever kitty reason there may be!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 07-19-2007 at 01:07 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Thats exactly what I would have done!

prhoshay: You're such a considerate mom! I would have done the same, except run downstairs to the other bathroom.

myrosiedog: Why don't you put Waldo on a long leash in the morning? Then you don't have to chase him anywhere. At least while you are recuperating. I know you Love Mr. Snork even if he gave you an upsetting morning.

PGM35: That was a nice post. I think I will copy it to Oprah for Gracie.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I think Bjorn set the all-time yak record--I once got up in the morning to SEVENTEEN yak piles. There were two underlying causes. My idiot then-wife had given him nearly half a pound of licorice the day before, and he had snagged a beef bone from the trash, part of which got lodged in his intestines for a while. He passed the bone later that day, but not until after x-rays at the vet. What a mess, and somehow I got stuck cleaning it up. Yuck.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

+ Reply to Thread