+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1428Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

I love puppies
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Combatcutie - OH OH OH what a snookums.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by catmom3;2476763;
    We all know how hard it is to take a good picture of black kitties. I finally got a good one when we were putting away the Easter stuff. Just got it downloaded. Here's Star Ling. The second one is a really upset Star, She doesn't like to be held.
    Catmom - someone doe NOT look Happy! -- that is a LOOK if I ever saw one.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;2478521;
    I'd like you all to meet our little girl Abby. We picked her up on Sunday. She is 7 weeks old. Definitely a daddy's girl

That face is to die for!! This is definitely a "precious pup". Good for you and Daddy, and congratulations!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

combatcutie - Oh what a cutie you have there! I can't wait to hear about all the trouble, I mean fun, she gets into.

Abby is adorable!

combatcutie, what a beautiful baby! You are one lucky Mama!

Lei, my favorite cousin, you mentioned in a previous post that when you pick out a kitty, you usually try to pick one that has something wrong with it (I can't find the post to get your exact wording). That reminded me of when I got my first apartment at 19 and went to the shelter to pick out a cat. There was one cat, that when people walked by her cage they would kind of recoil and say "Holy crap, that's an ugly cat", and oh boy was she ever ugly. She was a scrawny siamese cat with crossed eyes and she had the most god awful howl, enough to drive you crazy. Of course, she was the kitty I picked! She ended up being one of the best cats I ever had. I have some old pics of her around here somewhere I will try to find.

Sorry I keep posting these boring stories, like the one earlier about how much I love Harley, I never mean to write them, something just kind of comes over me!

I love all your stories and pictures. They have been keeping me sane over here. You all sure have some great babies!!!!!
    Last edited by Butterfly723; 07-18-2007 at 03:07 AM.

Butterfly - Your stories are never boring. I enjoy reading them and everyone's stories about their furry friends. Keep 'em coming!

Butterfly - keep posting. We love "boring" stories about our 4 legged furry critters.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2478553;
    Totally off topic, but I did not realize you could retire from being a nun--I learn something new every day here!

CC, the new puppy is SO cute! I've never seen a blue eyed Lab, myself, I've only seen a gold color. So the green eyes would be unusual to me too.
    I did not realize that either. She stil wore her nun's habit, but she was in her 80's and I guess did not do any more "nunning". I always thought they sent retired nuns and priests to "homes for aged nuns and priests". But I guess not. We also see a retired nun at the farmers market. She loves our dogs and she also still wears her habit, but has told us she is retired. Boy, I had a nun in elementary school that we all wished would retire. That woman could throw an eraser with the accuracy of a major league pitcher.

CC, LOVE puppies and Abby is adorable. Can't wait to see pics as she grows.
    You are just going to have SO much fun with her.

My daughter bought Waldo a GIANT bed. Well, guess who has claimed it? Rosie and she just sits in it(I swear it could hold 10 of her) with her ears back and glares at the other 2 if they come near it. We've scolded her, removed her from it, etc. Now Waldo won't go NEAR it. We have 3 dog beds and Rosie rotates among the 3. I think she thinks that all of them are HERS.
    Poor Waldo, he's resorted to sleeping in the "tent" under the dining room table. I got tired of everyone piling their junk on the dining room table (we eat in the kitchen), so I put a table cloth on it that reaches the floor and set it so that no one can put junk on it (I now need to dust the place settings. ). Waldo goes under it and sometimes sticks his head out. He is in his little tent hiding from everyone. He goes to the new bed and sniffs it, but he is very cautious and backs off from it. He will only do this when Rosie is elsewhere in the house. The poor dog. Got his own bed finally so he doesn't have to squish in the little ones and he can't use it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread