+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1274Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

This is where Harley lies to watch me cook dinner. He lies there every single time I am in the kitchen cooking. There are more comfortable pillows in the house for him, but he likes the chair leg for some reason!

I keep changing the wording from "Lays" to "Lies" and neither one looks right. I'm really not stupid..I SWEAR!

This is PJ watching her favorite show!
    Last edited by Butterfly723; 07-15-2007 at 02:33 PM.

lei
    FORT Fogey

I just keep falling deeper in love with Harley. I wanna jump right through the screen and snuggle him!

He loves to snuggle! He thinks he's a lap dog. But back off lady, he's mine! we are married after all! My favorite thing is to grab his "Kissy handles" (the hair around his ears) and kiss him right between the eyes.
    Last edited by Butterfly723; 07-15-2007 at 02:59 PM.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly723;2475362;
    I keep changing the wording from "Lays" to "Lies" and neither one looks right. I'm really not stupid..I SWEAR!

This is PJ watching her favorite show!
    Oh I always get those mixed up, too.

I just saw the pic of PJ you added. SO adorable, and as I wouldn't want to upset Mrs. Harley, I'll just love on PJ for a while

Heeeh, you should see Daniel and I making out. Too funny! We're gonna have to do a marriage ceremony too.

Yay! I'm not the only one who makes out with my animals!

lei
    FORT Fogey

Definitely not, Buttefly! Mr. lei (the human one) always teases, "You two are disgusting" but I know he thinks it's cute. Only problem is Daniel's tongue is rough so I have to stop him after a bit.

And funny thing is little Theodore has been following in his big brother's footsteps. He watches him closely and now has a lot of the same silly quirks, including being a Mister Kissyface.

My "husband-type" always says "You never kiss me like that" and I tell him if he was as cute as Harley I would!

I have always been an animal lover but have usually only had cats, we always lived in apartments and I didn't want to get a dog until we had a yard. I had dogs growing up but Harley is my first dog I had as a adult that was all mine. I never knew I could love a dog as much as I love him. I had seen people who were crazy in love with their dogs and I always thought they were nuts.....until I got my Harley and then I understood. I love my cats with all my heart, but there is some special bond that Harley and I have that I have never had with another animal. I can't even say the dreaded "D" word without crying, but when Harley isn't around anymore, I don't think I will ever have another dog (besides Baby, of course).

Harley and I are so close that I haven't been to the bathroom alone in 7 years.....no joke. If I don't let him in with me, he will scratch at the door and whine until I let him in. He flips out if he can't see me. It makes my "husband-type" so mad when we come in together and Harley runs past him to get to me. He loves his Daddy of course, but not as much as le loves his Mama! When I was working I was able to take him to work with me every day. When I was in the hospital he didn't eat, he wouldn't play. He would just lie (lay?) at the front window and wait for me to come home. He lost 12 pounds while I was in the hospital. He has his weight back up and he is totally back to normal now.

One of the reasons I love this thread so much is that I can talk about how much I love all of my babies and you all don't think I'm crazy. Well, maybe you do, but you don't tell me at least, and I can't see your eyes rolling!

Sorry for the long post, I don't know what came over me.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2475347;
    Greta regularly sits in this position. I've never noticed another cat do so. (She's not lying on her side) Wonder why more cats don't sit like this?

My eldest gurl has done that since she was a baby. She used to have really bad gas, and I think that was a position that she could get comfortable in. She has her legs fully stretched out behind her. She always looked like she was lying on the beach! Well, the gas problem eventually went away, but she stills assumes the position.

Greta looks like a "pin up girl", with her glamorous self!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly723;2475465;
    One of the reasons I love this thread so much is that I can talk about how much I love all of my babies and you all don't think I'm crazy. Well, maybe you do, but you don't tell me at least, and I can't see your eyes rolling!
    Ditto, cousin!

And your story is totally precious.

Lot's of cute new pictures since I've been on vacation this week. Roses I'm sorry to hear about your bird. That's so nice of you to try to save him/her. My vet runs a non profit wildlife center, located in the lower level of his vet office, where he takes in injured or orphaned wildlife, rehabilitates them and then releases them back into the wild.
    Ohio Wildlife Center - Location
    Since its founding in 1984 the Ohio Wildlife Center has: Treated over 50,000 injured or orphaned wildlife, Provided educational experiences to 950,000 children and adults, Responded to over 550,000 wildlife hotline calls. This has all been made possible by the donation of 500,000 hours of dedicated volunteer work.
    My boys are glad to have me home. They haven't left my side since I got home about 2 hours ago.
    My sister has a cat named Eddie. He stays out all day (they live in the country) and comes home around 5 every day. Eddie thinks he's a squirrel. He chases the squirrels through the trees all the time. He got up in a tree once and was up there for 6 days. My sister kept calling various agencies etc. to try to help. The fire dept. said they didn't do that any longer. A tree surgeon she called didn't have a bucket truck high enough. Finally on the 6th day someone she knows at city hall got the electric company to come out. It was pouring rain. The truck they brought wasn't high enough so they went back, got another and brought Eddie down. As soon as he got down he clawed the crap out of the guy and ran off. My sister was scared to death he was dehydrated and would die. The vet said if he ran off that fast he was fine. He eventually came home 2 days later.
    Lo and behold Eddie climbed up the same tree about 4 months later and was up there for 2 days. Silly cat. My niece went out to the tree and hollered up at him "Eddie, you're on own this time."
    Here's Eddie, the squirrel cat. He looks like he could be related to lei's little Theodore.

+ Reply to Thread