+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

oh roseskid! There will be a special place for you. You did your best for that little bird - Thank You and enjoy your mini vacation.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Oh, Roses, I'm so sorry to hear that. At least you kept her last couple of days comfortable.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Roses, so sorry to read that the little Finch didn't make it. You tried your best. Like Dagwood said, you made her last days comfortable. Hope you're feeling better soon.

gabriel: I love Joey. He and Mr. Tootles would have so much fun together. Joey's coloring reminds me of a Jersey cow. No, I'm not calling your little boy a cow, . I know he's a little angel and devil in a fur coat! I think Mona's about to give me "The Look".

Newf: Sagulator...

dagwood and Queenb: So sorry to hear about your birdies. Three gorgeous bluejays have trained my Dad to feed them and throw peanuts in the air for them, daily. They tap on the window when they want to play with him.

roseskid: Aw, what a pretty little finch. I'm so sorry she passed, but you did everything you could. They are so delicate.
    --------------

Well, my Mr. Tootles just got over the Yard Monster and yesterday had another terrible fright. It's been very hot and he finally started to settle down to sleep in "his" chair. I was coming into the room with a pillow to sleep on the couch with him and the telephone rang. I guess I hit the volume button when I was cleaning so it was quite loud.

My little man woke with a start, jumped a foot vertically off the chair, ran over the cat tree right into the living room window. And then fell down to the floor. I ran to him but he ran and hid under the bed. I was able to pull him out and comfort him and see if he had broken his nose or something. He was so terrified! Then I tried to carry him back into the living room to show him it was safe, but he pushed away from me and ran under the bed again.

Bad Telephone Monster scared my little Tooties! .
    Last edited by misskitty; 07-15-2007 at 10:40 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

The bigger they are, sometimes the scardier they are.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2475228;
    The bigger they are, sometimes the scardier they are.
    Maybe in the cat world, but my Newfs are unflappable. The very first time I laid eyes on Bjorn was when he was a ten-week old puppy. He was in the breeder's puppy yard with about a dozen other Newf pups (two litters, which the breeder almost never does.) He was sleeping, and when his sister (a petite 25 pounds at that time) plopped down on his head, he didn't even wake up.

I have a weird animal story. Twice a year, I map the perimeter of a sinkhole to monitor the rate of growth. The site has gotten very wooly over the last twenty years, lots of poison ivy, sumac (not poison sumac, thank goodness), bastard vine, you name it. With the vegetation comes the critters, and there are stumps from beavers cutting down trees. This year, we mapped about half of the perimeter but then had to break off for the day. We went back to finish yesterday, and my partner couldn't find her radio. I keyed my radio, and we could hear hers, so we triangulated on the sound and knew we had to be very close, but we couldn't find the dang thing. We kicked around in the armpit-high grass, and there was nothing on the ground. Then I saw the critter hole, and thought, surely not! I looked in the hole, and sure enough, there was the radio wedged in the tunnel, about 18" from the opening. Not knowing for sure what kind of critter hole, but suspecting badger , we decided that it would be better to dig the radio out. Now the weird part. The hole in which we found the radio was a good 50 feet from where my partner was working, and she THINKS she lost it when crossing a fence which was at least 100' from the hole. Some critter went to a lot of trouble to take that radio!
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2475241;
    Some critter went to a lot of trouble to take that radio!
    Wanted to "reach out and touch someone"
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Greta regularly sits in this position. I've never noticed another cat do so. (She's not lying on her side) Wonder why more cats don't sit like this?

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Because Greta is a queen! Beautiful baby you have there!!!

Rose, I am so very sorry about your little bird. I had that happen with a baby dove a few years ago. I went to feed him one morning and he had died. I am so sorry. You are a very special person.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Oh goodness, I think Greta is the most elegant kitty I've ever seen.

Our Angela likes that position, though she doesn't photograph as well.
    Last edited by lei; 07-17-2007 at 06:14 PM.

+ Reply to Thread