+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

lei
    FORT Fogey

Re: For animal lovers

Thank you all for your kind words about little Theowhateverhisnameiscuteness.

Shelters often have purebreds, though I've never been picky about such things. A sweet pet is a sweet pet.

But yeah there is something special about him. Honestly, though, we didn't realize quite how stunning he was when we adopted him. It was the way he kept trying to stick his purry face up our nostrils.

As to traveling, with six kitties and ten birdies and a garden, along with the cost of living here, we do it very seldom. But when we do take an overnight on a neighbor island, we get the cold shoulder to varying degrees from our clan.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The fact of the matter is that he is amazing. We all wish that we had "seen him first"! I"m just glad that he found you! And you found us, and "yada, yada, yada..........."
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Finally - I got a picture of Joey sleeping on the top shelf in a closet. I staggered the shelves so they could jump up there and now he is in there all the time. Of course you see that I had to put a nice fluffy rug on the shelf for him to use. (sorry it's a bit blurry) Then I got one recently of him looking out a living room window.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Gabe: I think you may want to reinforce that shelf.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

lei
    FORT Fogey

gabriel - What a cute spot for Joey! He is so adorable.

(Uncle D's suggestion might be wise though. )

The window pic is great too. I love seeing kitties "read the newspaper".

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2473122;
    Gabe: I think you may want to reinforce that shelf.
    It's pretty strong, just looks likes its sagging because he is hanging over.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

I tell you what--I have a brother-in-law who designs bridges (and has won national awards for his work!) I'll send him the picture and get his professional opinion concerning the load-bearing capacity of the shelf

Or, for the do-it-yourself types:

Sag calculator
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Oh good Lord you people are way too much!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - The Dean Martin Show -

I've enjoyed getting caught up in here, and I love all the new pet pictures.

Has anyone tried to rehabilitate a little finch? Our house backs up to a greenbelt area, so we always have scads of various birds in our backyard, and when I got home yesterday, a finch was on the ground. I suspect she flew into our sliding glass window. She was in pretty bad shape yesterday, so I took her in, fed her birdseed and she's been drinking water from an eyedropper. She is definitely doing better today, but still can't fly, although she flaps her wings, but her legs hang rather limply, and she can't stand. She's definitely not a baby either. I called our local humane society, and they said their 'bird lady' has moved away. Some local vets didn't know anyone who could help me either. I'm hoping she'll continue to get better, and that I'll be able to release her in great shape - yes, I'm wearing my rose-colored glasses again. I'm going on a mini-vacation beginning tomorrow through Tuesday, so guess who's going with me?

This is what she looks like:

Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Roses - What a sweet looking bird. And you are so sweet to take care of her.

While I haven't had your situation and don't know what to do, I have ten finches and have found the Finch Niche (I don't know if I can post the link but you can google it) to be the best resource. Good luck with that sweet little baby!

The rest of you jokers:

(This thread should be subtitled: Don't Mess with Mona.)

+ Reply to Thread