+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

Our cat used to get really anxious when he saw the suitcase come out as well. Once, he was particularly upset and pee'd in my husband's half-packed suitcase--just to get his point across. I'm not sure what was funnier--the look on my husband's face when he saw what had happened or the look on the cat's face when he saw my husband about to chase after him to scold him. I'm pretty sure the cat won.

Speaking of our pee'ing cat, he usually loves it when we have houseguests over but he doesn't like one particular relative (who's a very nice guy by the way). Our cat will ALWAYS find something of this guy's and pee on it. And yet this guy keeps coming over to our house.

lei
    FORT Fogey

All of your animal stories are so sweet and funny! (Yes, even through the peeing.)

Another photo shoot of Sir Theodorable Lionel Shmuglump of the FORT.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2472270;
    Our cat used to get really anxious when he saw the suitcase come out as well.
    Our dogs freak out when the luggage comes out too. Simon seems to know that he is destined for the vet. Henry holds out more hope because we have taken him on a few trips. I adore both dogs - but Henry is SO much easier to travel with. We have a great vet - and he and his staff LOVE Simon - so we don't really feel too bad about leaving him there.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

lei, your kitty is absolutely gorgeous! He reminds me of my brother's ocicat - is your baby the same breed?
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

lei
    FORT Fogey

Thank you, geek! He's just a shelter kitty who got attached by personality, but he happens to be beautiful outside, too. Or so says his proud mama and all his kind aunties and uncles.

lei - your new kitty is absolutely adorable. He looks just like the kitty I had when I was a kid. What a sweetie.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2471135;
    My old cat George was the worst. I'd come home from a trip and he'd maintain a distance just out of reach. He would make sure I had no chance of picking him up or petting him. Then when I'd sit down he'd position himself far enough away where I couldn't get to him, and turn his back on me. Just stare off in the opposite direction ignoring me, but making sure I KNEW he was ignoring me.
    I just love how they do that ignore thing Uncle David. You described it to a T. They make sure they are in your line of sight, just within inches of being out of reach and sit there and stare at some thing and absolutely refuse to look at you. You call the name, the ears barely move.....

Of course I am looking at all of the pictures of the "kids" and love them all!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

lei, he's a shelter kitty? WOW! If I had to guess, I would've guessed that you paid a breeder big bucks for him! Our cat's a pound cat as well. Nothing against people who pay for their pets, but there really are some lovely pets at the animal shelter and most of them come with all their shots! Our kitty was an adolescent when we got him and had already been neutered. The shelter thinks that he had been someone's pet and then was abandoned. I just don't get that.
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 07-13-2007 at 09:11 AM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lei;2472304;
    All of your animal stories are so sweet and funny! (Yes, even through the peeing.)

Another photo shoot of Sir Theodorable Lionel Shmuglump of the FORT.

lei, le bébé est très élégant!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I think Sir Schmuglump came from royalty: he just has that look about him. And lei, I think I want his toesies along with his nosie. Are they taken?

Our local shelter just received 50 birds from an estate. The man loved his birds and donated them to the shelter to find homes when he died. I can't even begin to name how many breeds he had but it was incredible. The shelter is being fairly careful about adopting them out, in bunches. Or is that flocks?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread