+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1337Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2470982;
    I know my one kitty will pee right next to the litter box when he's mad at me for something. I was away all last week, and he's been peeing on the floor (right next to the litter box, I swear!) most days since I got back. I just have to give him some extra loving until he gets over his snit. (And they say girls are bad!)

Is it possible that you've inadvertently done something to make him irritated with you?
    Our cat poops outside the litter box on occasion if he thinks we've been away on vacation for too long. Thank goodness our cat sitter loves him and just cleans it up and the plays with him (the cat, not the poop!) until he calms down. He didn't used to do this, but I think he's telling us he wants us home more!

My friend used to catsit for her boyfriend's cat and the cat would just look at her and throw up on cue! She said it was gross, but hysterical! And he never did that when she was there with her boyfriend...

It's amazing what lengths our little furry friends will do to show their displeasure with us!

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2471083;
    It's amazing what lengths our little furry friends will do to show their displeasure with us!
    That is so true! Buddy had to be crated when we went to Maryland and he MADE HIMSELF SICK each day until we were on our way back to Texas. He vomited, had diarrhea, wouldn't eat...it was awful but he JUST WANTED TO BE WITH US! next time we are staying in a hotel that is pet friendly.

MRD

I cannot think of a thing that would have happened to have made him mad except trying to shave him and bathe him. But that was about 10 days ago and this just started.
    The complex (or would that be simple) mind of Waldo is one I cannot delve into. Maybe I need a pet psychic.

He does it in a remote corner of the house too, well away from where we usually function (except my computer is in that room so that's how I find it.) And there aren't doors we can close this room off. It's the "formal" living room.

Maybe he wants his own bed and doesn't have one and has had to wedge himself into the other dogs beds. Could that be it? He's upset that he doesn't have his own? (as he sleeps on the tile most of the time, I figure he's too hot to want a bed)

Geez, I'm ready to superglue his hiney up if he doesn't stop this. (just kidding!)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

My old cat George was the worst. I'd come home from a trip and he'd maintain a distance just out of reach. He would make sure I had no chance of picking him up or petting him. Then when I'd sit down he'd position himself far enough away where I couldn't get to him, and turn his back on me. Just stare off in the opposite direction ignoring me, but making sure I KNEW he was ignoring me.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

misskitty, at the moment, I have 2 dogs and 4 cats. I had always have 6 cats so we are looking to get 2 more this summer. I was planning on getting a second Border Collie from a BC rescue, but that didn't work out.

Oops. I can't edit my post for some reason, but I meant to say that I have always had 6 cats. Not that I had always have 6 cats. Oopsie.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly723;2471219;
    Oops. I can't edit my post for some reason, but I meant to say that I have always had 6 cats. Not that I had always have 6 cats. Oopsie.
    There's a time limit on edits. I notice my own oopsies a lot. I didn't notice yours, though.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2471135;
    My old cat George was the worst. I'd come home from a trip and he'd maintain a distance just out of reach. He would make sure I had no chance of picking him up or petting him. Then when I'd sit down he'd position himself far enough away where I couldn't get to him, and turn his back on me. Just stare off in the opposite direction ignoring me, but making sure I KNEW he was ignoring me.
    Rosie does this exact same thing. With her ears back. And she will occasionally glare at us over her shoulder to make sure we are fully aware of her wrath. And I mean GLARE. You can feel the hatred. But we've always said Rosie is the most cat like dog we've ever had.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

My cat use to get anxious as soon as she saw the suitcase come out of the closet, because she new it meant a separation. I began taking it out a few days early, to let her get use to the idea. A few times each day, I'd open it up, and let her get in for awhile and play. I throw a little toy in there and let her bat it around. By the time I was ready to pack, she was calm as a cucumber (baby wipes work great for getting the cat hair out of the suitcase before packing). She would watch the whole packing process, endlessly fascinated, as was her way. She knew that I'd be coming back, and when I did, she was always beside herself with joy, becoming a little purring greeting ball of love.

+ Reply to Thread